Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 342

Thread: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

  1. #201
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    I'm not familiar with the situation you're referencing, but home health workers have historically been unfairly paid. Anyone addressing this (which I'd hope and assume the SEIU would) is doing them a service.

    Since when is directly refuting your claim with supporting evidence considered "semantics?"
    There is no evidence the supplement provided by states to people providing care to their family members, the original intent of these programs, was unfair. The whole thing became an industry when the SEIU was given the keys to the kingdom. In California, In Home Support Services grew from an obscure little program that encouraged family members to care for loved ones in their own home, to a $6 billion program with over 250,000 "care givers" in just 3 years. Following on that success, the SEIU followed the recipe and paid off legislatures in other states to enact similar legislation. That is how Illinois got into the program, and that is home the Supreme Court got involved and put a stop to the scam.

    How else do you think the SEIU has got the money to gin up the minimum wage Fast Food ploy? The bulk of the people protesting aren't workers, but SEIU members pretending to be McDonalds employees.

    This is why unions like the SEIU and others have the "mafia" reputation so many think they deserve.

  2. #202
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Undercutting your citizens into low paying jobs hurts both your citizens and the citizens of the states standing up for better conditions and pay.

    Taking a low ball offer doesn't make you a winner, it makes the corporation low balling you a winner. Everyone else loses.
    Why are you assuming if it is a non union job it is a low paying job?

  3. #203
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    "Only business owners should have a say in what is fair for the workers they employ."
    That statement is 100% correct.

  4. #204
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by PoS View Post
    Corporations pay their workers wages as compensation, they dont work for free you know...
    But they would love if they did work for free! That would be more profits for their rich owners after all.
    PeteEU

  5. #205
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,462

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I don't see many Californians packing up to move to the armpit of the country called Texas. I think thats just another of your pipedreams Conservative. But be careful what you ask for. It Californians truly do move there...they will speed up the shift of Texas to a blue state...and good luck winning national elections when that happens.
    Everybody knows the arm pit of America is New Jersey.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    But they would love if they did work for free! That would be more profits for their rich owners after all.
    Yeah, every single business owner is rich.

    It's obvious you've never owned a business before.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Since when is directly refuting your claim with supporting evidence considered "semantics?"
    The term "union shop" is common terminology for a business employing union workers.

    SEMANTICS

  8. #208
    Undisclosed
    Unrepresented's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    06-12-16 @ 09:05 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,230

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    There is no evidence the supplement provided by states to people providing care to their family members, the original intent of these programs, was unfair. The whole thing became an industry when the SEIU was given the keys to the kingdom. In California, In Home Support Services grew from an obscure little program that encouraged family members to care for loved ones in their own home, to a $6 billion program with over 250,000 "care givers" in just 3 years. Following on that success, the SEIU followed the recipe and paid off legislatures in other states to enact similar legislation. That is how Illinois got into the program, and that is home the Supreme Court got involved and put a stop to the scam.

    How else do you think the SEIU has got the money to gin up the minimum wage Fast Food ploy? The bulk of the people protesting aren't workers, but SEIU members pretending to be McDonalds employees.

    This is why unions like the SEIU and others have the "mafia" reputation so many think they deserve.
    Again, I'm not an expert on the home service industry, but from what I've read the home service was expanded as an alternative to residential programs for the elderly and disabled. Further, wages have improved because through unionization home health workers are now being paid overtime in California whereas before they were excluded from that basic right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Why are you assuming if it is a non union job it is a low paying job?
    Yes. Union employees earn 10-30% higher than their non union equivalent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    That statement is 100% correct.
    No. That statement is giving the entirety of the power to the small minority of business owners rather than sharing that power across the full range of both employers and employees. Everyone should have a legitimate factor in determining fair wages, not just those at the top.
    "The side that stays within its fortifications is beaten." ~Napoleon

  9. #209
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Again, I'm not an expert on the home service industry, but from what I've read the home service was expanded as an alternative to residential programs for the elderly and disabled. Further, wages have improved because through unionization home health workers are now being paid overtime in California whereas before they were excluded from that basic right.

    Yes. Union employees earn 10-30% higher than their non union equivalent.

    No. That statement is giving the entirety of the power to the small minority of business owners rather than sharing that power across the full range of both employers and employees. Everyone should have a legitimate factor in determining fair wages, not just those at the top.

    Overtime? Based on what evidence it was earned or deserved? I'm sure the SEIU email alerts have all sorts of glowing reports on the benefits they have extracted from taxpayers.

    When caught by the investigation detailed in the link below, the SEIU drafted a bill for a local representative that effectively buried the states investigation into fraud in the program the SEIU created for itself.

    Fraud infects state in-home care program - Los Angeles Times

    Today, there remains little in-place-process to police the fraud and abuse encouraged by the SEIU.

  10. #210
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Union Demands send Firm and jobs packing from California

    Quote Originally Posted by Unrepresented View Post
    Yes. Union employees earn 10-30% higher than their non union equivalent.
    That depends on the profession. In many professions, nonunion employees make more than those in unions, sometimes substantially more.

    No. That statement is giving the entirety of the power to the small minority of business owners rather than sharing that power across the full range of both employers and employees. Everyone should have a legitimate factor in determining fair wages, not just those at the top.
    By proving their worth to the company, everyone shares the power to control their wages.

Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •