Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 334

Thread: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say how

  1. #191
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Mentioning Gillibrand's memoirs was to bring validity to Warren's claims.
    Which "claims" did Warren make. She answered a question - have you been treated differently? - Yes. Then changed the subject. The reporter wanted a scandal, didn't get it, but right wingers jumped on it anyway.

    As far as Ms Mayer goes, educate yourself.
    Silicon Valley's Biggest Political Donors - Business Insider
    Oh, I see, you meant the Democratic Party. My mistake....

  2. #192
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Anita Hill had balls (so to speak) and what she did brought sexual harassment out of the shadows and on to the front pages. Regardless of whether she was believable or not, she did a great favor to women and helped alter the way women are treated in the workplace. Warren has a similar opportunity here, but chose not to take it. To Warren, her own victimhood status is more important I guess.
    Thats like saying Tawana Brawley did women a great service about lying about being assaulted because somewhere out there, women are being assaulted.

    Anita Hill followed the man around to different jobs and sent him cards, gifts, and called him over the next 10 years. She parlayed her allegations into teaching gigs and speaking engagements. The allegations she made against him were lame at best. But she was a 'hero' for the cause. So was Sandra Fluke.

  3. #193
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,860

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Which "claims" did Warren make. She answered a question - have you been treated differently? - Yes. Then changed the subject. The reporter wanted a scandal, didn't get it, but right wingers jumped on it anyway.



    Oh, I see, you meant the Democratic Party. My mistake....
    She laid it on about the male dominated senate as treating her "different". I almost feel sorry for the men. They are walking on eggshells to parch their words to be politically correct. The New York Times has written about Warren's friendship with Hillibrand. If I were a male senator I would go out of my way to avoid women who claim war on women when in fact they refuse to acknowledge that they have a war on men. But after reading your comments claiming that Tennessee treats women poorly which is a bunch of bloviating BS. Tennessee is just 2 1/2 hours from my state border by car. In this region of the country what you claim is just not true. There is always going to be the occasional instance but to make such a broad claim as you did is preposterous but it is certainly in line with what the Warren's and the Hillibrand's do.

  4. #194
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    She laid it on about the male dominated senate as treating her "different". I almost feel sorry for the men. They are walking on eggshells to parch their words to be politically correct. The New York Times has written about Warren's friendship with Hillibrand. If I were a male senator I would go out of my way to avoid women who claim war on women when in fact they refuse to acknowledge that they have a war on men. But after reading your comments claiming that Tennessee treats women poorly which is a bunch of bloviating BS. Tennessee is just 2 1/2 hours from my state border by car. In this region of the country what you claim is just not true. There is always going to be the occasional instance but to make such a broad claim as you did is preposterous but it is certainly in line with what the Warren's and the Hillibrand's do.
    It's almost as if she's trying to create a new card.... there's the race card and we know what that is. Now we have the "sex card", so criticisms levied at Warren will now be viewed as ..."Hmm... is that guy one of the 'good old boys' she was talking about? Another wedge issue to deflect criticisms of her and turn the tables because she's a woman. That's why I think she doesn't want to name names...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #195
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    She laid it on about the male dominated senate as treating her "different". I almost feel sorry for the men. They are walking on eggshells to parch their words to be politically correct. The New York Times has written about Warren's friendship with Hillibrand. If I were a male senator I would go out of my way to avoid women who claim war on women when in fact they refuse to acknowledge that they have a war on men.
    OK, let's do this one more time. Here's the entire exchange. Where did she "lay it on" etc.? And notice she was asked a direct question - the reporter introduced this topic.

    Question: Have you had any similar experiences, of being treated differently because you're a woman by your colleagues in the Senate?
    Warren: Yes.
    Q: Can you elaborate?
    W: Nope?
    Q: I'm not asking you to name names...
    W: I've said all I'm going to say.
    Q: Surprising to you?
    W: I wish it was, but it's hard to change these big, male dominated institutions. What I am very happy about is there are now enough women in the U.S. Senate to begin to change that place, and I just think that's powerfully important.
    Q: But if a US Senator is treated differently than her colleagues?
    W:...if you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu... So it's important that we have women in the United States Senate, strong women, and women who are there to help advance an agenda important to women...
    It's weird - no one criticizing Warren actually quotes her...

    But after reading your comments claiming that Tennessee treats women poorly which is a bunch of bloviating BS. Tennessee is just 2 1/2 hours from my state border by car. In this region of the country what you claim is just not true. There is always going to be the occasional instance but to make such a broad claim as you did is preposterous but it is certainly in line with what the Warren's and the Hillibrand's do.
    If you want to quote me and dispute an actual claim I did make, be my guest, but you don't get to create your own straw men like this whole thread has done with Warren's "claims" and then proceed to beat them into pulp. What I said was based on my experiences in the workplace in Tennessee, and many experiences of my wife, who's not a wilting flower. The large majority of Tennessee men treat women with the professional respect they are owed, no more no less. It's not an isolated case to find men who do not. It's getting better. That's different than the problem has disappeared.
    Last edited by JasperL; 10-24-14 at 12:37 PM.

  6. #196
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    It's almost as if she's trying to create a new card.... there's the race card and we know what that is. Now we have the "sex card", so criticisms levied at Warren will now be viewed as ..."Hmm... is that guy one of the 'good old boys' she was talking about? Another wedge issue to deflect criticisms of her and turn the tables because she's a woman. That's why I think she doesn't want to name names...
    Can you tell me which words said by Warren indicate she's creating a 'new card?' Please be specific. Did she mention 'Good Old Boys?' I missed it. For your convenience, here's the exchange:

    Question: Have you had any similar experiences, of being treated differently because you're a woman by your colleagues in the Senate?
    Warren: Yes.
    Q: Can you elaborate?
    W: Nope?
    Q: I'm not asking you to name names...
    W: I've said all I'm going to say.
    Q: Surprising to you?
    W: I wish it was, but it's hard to change these big, male dominated institutions. What I am very happy about is there are now enough women in the U.S. Senate to begin to change that place, and I just think that's powerfully important.
    Q: But if a US Senator is treated differently than her colleagues?
    W:...if you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu... So it's important that we have women in the United States Senate, strong women, and women who are there to help advance an agenda important to women...

  7. #197
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,674

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Warren is laying the groundwork for a generic "War on Women" presidential campaign while trying hard to not piss off her fellow senators.

  8. #198
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Can you tell me which words said by Warren indicate she's creating a 'new card?' Please be specific. Did she mention 'Good Old Boys?' I missed it. For your convenience, here's the exchange:
    uestion: Have you had any similar experiences, of being treated differently because you're a woman by your colleagues in the Senate?
    Warren: Yes.
    Q: Can you elaborate?
    W: Nope?
    Q: I'm not asking you to name names...
    W: I've said all I'm going to say.
    See it? It's right there.. read what I quoted over and over and over. See it yet?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  9. #199
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    See it? It's right there.. read what I quoted over and over and over. See it yet?
    Actually I don't see it. Where's the card she's playing? The reporter was trolling for a controversy to get eyeballs and clicks on this interview, posed a vague question - treated 'differently' - Warren answered a direct question with the shortest possible answer, the reporter tried to lure her into saying more, and Warren deflected that attempt. I'm not clear what you think she should have said.

    Look, if she'd named any name or event not on videotape in HD, the same right wingers whining about her on this thread would be blowing a gasket about her unsubstantiated specific claims. We all know that's true.

  10. #200
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Warren is laying the groundwork for a generic "War on Women" presidential campaign while trying hard to not piss off her fellow senators.
    Another critic failing to quote what Warren actually said in response to a direct question by a reporter... LMAO.

Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •