Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 334

Thread: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say how

  1. #151
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,655

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Of course not. Or any number of historical figures.

    But it can be an advantage in trying to enter Harvard as a minority student through affirmative action.
    Its amazing someone who went to a third rate law school got a harvard law professorship. Harvard is so "exclusive" that normally unless you have a JD from harvard, Yale or Stanford, you aren't getting a job there even if you were top of your class at say NYU or Cornell or Penn. (all top drawer world class law schools) She went to a school not in the top 50



  2. #152
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I did, still don't see it. Here's a rough transcript I did. Help me out...
    wow... and right wing women are attacking her for saying that. Amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I did, still don't see it. Here's a rough transcript I did. Help me out...
    That's not the post I was responding to.

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Of course not. Or any number of historical figures.

    But it can be an advantage in trying to enter Harvard as a minority student through affirmative action.
    I just have to say it's hilarious that right wingers have this big problem of blacks or women getting any special treatment, but not if some rich, born with a silver spoon kid gets admitted to the Ivy League with mediocre grades as a legacy admission. She proved herself in her profession at some of the county's finest law schools, and they don't give out full professorships at Harvard. Doesn't appear she needed any special help to get where she is.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    A link to something that might familiarize me with the facts of the matter wouldn't hurt. But I've got to warn you ahead of time, if it's Breitbart, WorldNut or Conservapedia I can tell you right now you can save your time.
    Are you unable to check out the history yourself? Perhaps you should have done so before offering your fact-free opinion.

  6. #156
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    If that's true, where the hell did the Native American thing even start?
    There is no documentation of her applying for minority status but there is documentation that a university recognized her as one.

    A third document obtained by the AP Thursday indicated that the University of Pennsylvania, where Warren also worked, identified her as a minority professor.

    My mother, grandmother, and aunts were open about my family's Native American heritage, and I never had any reason to doubt them. What kid asks their grandparents for legal documentation to go along with their family stories?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I just have to say it's hilarious that right wingers have this big problem of blacks or women getting any special treatment, but not if some rich, born with a silver spoon kid gets admitted to the Ivy League with mediocre grades as a legacy admission. She proved herself in her profession at some of the county's finest law schools, and they don't give out full professorships at Harvard. Doesn't appear she needed any special help to get where she is.
    None of that addresses the point. She claimed to be a member of a minority group but later removed herself from that same minority group. It is lying that is the issue here, not affirmative action.

  8. #158
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Are you unable to check out the history yourself? Perhaps you should have done so before offering your fact-free opinion.
    For ****s sake grant. Back up the **** you say for a change rather than front garbage and expecting everyone else to run around looking for it. You said it. Prove it. It's very basic standard debating skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,770

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    None of that addresses the point. She claimed to be a member of a minority group but later removed herself from that same minority group. It is lying that is the issue here, not affirmative action.
    OK, a very serious "lie" which was repeating family lore. Why should anyone care about that?

  10. #160
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,030

    Re: Elizabeth Warren says she's been treated differently in the Senate but won't say

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    The story in my family is my mom's grandfather was an illegitimate child of an adulterous affair between a Cherokee Indian that the mother had an affair with while husband was off on a year long drunk bender in another state. Told that story 100 times as the reason her side has some members in it with native American features - black hair, dark eyes, dark skin. Have no idea if it's true....
    I have all sorts of other stories that are family lore. That stuff gets passed down all the time. And people are acting like such things are a massively offensive crime of some sort. Like I said, they cannot engage her on policies because she will rip them to freegin' shreds and they damn well know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •