Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

  1. #11
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Cook County ballot box tries to cast GOP votes for Democrats Watchdog.org


    I wonder if the improper calibration works both ways?
    Those silly Illinois politicians.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  2. #12
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    It's a feature, not a bug.

  3. #13
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    Cook County ballot box tries to cast GOP votes for Democrats Watchdog.org


    I wonder if the improper calibration works both ways?
    It's Crook county. If the machine hinted at casting incorrect votes for Republicans it would be in the dumpster.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #14
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    The last Chicago Republican Mayor was Big Bill Thomspon. If you look up corruption in the dictionary there's a picture of him.
    So you are pinning this on the guy in office ... hmmmm... carry the two.... 86 years ago?
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  5. #15
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    My point is it's something about this place that breeds corruption. When Republicans were running the show it was equally as corrupt. And Big Bill Thompson set the tone of things to come in Crook County.
    Ok, but Chicago has not had a Republican Mayor since 1927... So I think it is pretty safe to say that corruption in the modern era of Chicago politics is squarely on the shoulders of the democrat party. To say that republicans were equally corrupt when the last time a republican was in office was nearly a hundred years ago is laughable...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #16
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, but Chicago has not had a Republican Mayor since 1927... So I think it is pretty safe to say that corruption in the modern era of Chicago politics is squarely on the shoulders of the democrat party. To say that republicans were equally corrupt when the last time a republican was in office was nearly a hundred years ago is laughable...
    Not at all, Thompson created the template for the Cook County machine by which it still operates to this very day.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  7. #17
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Not at all, Thompson created the template for the Cook County machine by which it still operates to this very day.
    Not at all correct...The current machine was the brainchild of Anton Cermak, a democrat that consolidated ethnic groups in Chicago to solidify the vote...


    "The political environment in Chicago in the 1910s and 1920s let organized crime flourish to the point that many Chicago policemen earned more money from pay-offs than from the city. Before the 1930s, the Democratic Party in Chicago was divided along ethnic lines - the Irish, Polish, Italian, and other groups each controlled politics in their neighborhoods Under the leadership of Anton Cermak, the party consolidated its ethnic bases into one large organization. With the organization behind, Cermak was able to win election as mayor of Chicago in 1931, an office he held until his assassination in 1933. The modern era of politics was dominated by machine politics in many ways, and the Cook County Democratic Party became was honed by Richard J. Daley after his election in 1955. Richard M. Daley, his son, is a former mayor of Chicago and had served for 21 years as mayor and 38 as a public servant. Daley announced on September 7, 2010 that he would not be seeking re-election.[4] Daley was succeeded by former Obama White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel."

    Political history of Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    About all Republican's can be accused, or pinned with is allowing an environment where organized crime flourished in the community.

    That you are desperately trying to tie it to today's democrat corruption we see not only in Chicago, but in different places across the country is laughable it really is....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #18
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not at all correct...The current machine was the brainchild of Anton Cermak, a democrat that consolidated ethnic groups in Chicago to solidify the vote...


    "The political environment in Chicago in the 1910s and 1920s let organized crime flourish to the point that many Chicago policemen earned more money from pay-offs than from the city. Before the 1930s, the Democratic Party in Chicago was divided along ethnic lines - the Irish, Polish, Italian, and other groups each controlled politics in their neighborhoods Under the leadership of Anton Cermak, the party consolidated its ethnic bases into one large organization. With the organization behind, Cermak was able to win election as mayor of Chicago in 1931, an office he held until his assassination in 1933. The modern era of politics was dominated by machine politics in many ways, and the Cook County Democratic Party became was honed by Richard J. Daley after his election in 1955. Richard M. Daley, his son, is a former mayor of Chicago and had served for 21 years as mayor and 38 as a public servant. Daley announced on September 7, 2010 that he would not be seeking re-election.[4] Daley was succeeded by former Obama White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel."

    Political history of Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    About all Republican's can be accused, or pinned with is allowing an environment where organized crime flourished in the community.

    That you are desperately trying to tie it to today's democrat corruption we see not only in Chicago, but in different places across the country is laughable it really is....
    Thompson was Mayor Ten years before Cermak. The wheels or corruption were already in place and Thompson was the Chicago Outfits Mayor. Cermak was taken out because He posed a threat to Capone and the Chicago outfits revenue. He kept threatening to clean up organized crime and that wasn't going to happen.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  9. #19
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Thompson was Mayor Ten years before Cermak. The wheels or corruption were already in place and Thompson was the Chicago Outfits Mayor. Cermak was taken out because He posed a threat to Capone and the Chicago outfits revenue. He kept threatening to clean up organized crime and that wasn't going to happen.
    Why dig further? You've already been proven wrong, and trying to re write history is just getting silly.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #20
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: What's up with the Cook county voting machines?

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why dig further? You've already been proven wrong, and trying to re write history is just getting silly.
    Can't stomach that a Republican Chicago mayor was just as corrupt, if not more than the Democrat Mayors that came after? Does party loyalty really go that deep? Read up on Big Bill. The Thompson/Outfit machine is the template that organized crime and corruption still follow here. Big Bill was the best Mayor that money could buy.
    Last edited by HenryChinaski; 10-22-14 at 03:55 PM.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •