Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 294

Thread: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

  1. #61
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    OK, Mr. Alinsky. Whatever you say.

    Now, if you can get blacks to vote like North Koreans again in two weeks, maybe you can save that Senate!
    Alinsky! Everybody drink!
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    On what grounds? "Being a lousy Senator" is not a crime.
    If it were, the prisons would be full...well, more full than they already are.

  3. #63
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    On what grounds? "Being a lousy Senator" is not a crime.
    In his case it should be.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Why are people so allergic to the truth? It's like you're scared to death you might learn something. It saddens me there are people out there who refuse any facts which doesn't perfectly align to what they want to believe, and that those people get a vote which counts as much as mine.

    Instead of throwing around stupid rhetoric, try dealing in facts. It would be a welcome change. Seriously, you BOTH just claimed you weren't going to be bothered with any actual facts or truth, because they might interfere with what you want to believe. Hell, ptif doesn't even bother to find out what the hell he's talking about, but he'll be damned if he'll ever admit he isn't 100% correct (which you are completely wrong, by the way). Don't you ever become ashamed of such antics?
    No, what's far more disturbing is that you won't look out your window at what's REALLY happening, and instead will latch on to whatever chum is thrown before you. These economic numbers, while fantastic for a small few, are grotesquely misleading and likely made up. Watching a work force that is shrinking by the month and littered with people downgrading to positions not worthy of their experience and know-how isn't progress. McDonalds hiring a new night crew from former mid-management office staff is not the goal here.

    You read what is cited to you as fact, and you accept it as fact. Open your eyes and look around at the storm that surrounds you.

    Black unemployment is at an all-time high. There is nothing worthy waiting for college graduates. People are being forced into retirement before they're wanting it.

    The result is that only 47 percent of the American population is working, much of which doesn't pay diddly in federal taxes. The strain and burden of that scrawny workforce to support and finance a nation of growing dependence and oversized government is unsustainable.

    It is comical to me that liberals (which you are, don't kid yourself or us) cling to such meaningless concepts like the deficit, and in turn, ignore the reality of the national debt. That maybe somehow we're wasting less money than we were is both figuratively and literally bankrupt thought. It's an amazing trick how government has conned people into equating deficit with debt. It's almost criminal.

    So stay atop your paper high horse. You are living in a cloud of denial or deceit, I'm not sure which.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Alinsky! Everybody drink!
    And......again. Word for word.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, what's far more disturbing is that you won't look out your window at what's REALLY happening
    This country is made up of over 300 million people and nearly 3.8 million square miles. Only an idiot would think what is happening in their small corner of the country can be equally applied to the rest of the country.

    These economic numbers, while fantastic for a small few, are grotesquely misleading and likely made up.
    I hear you desire to have sexual relations with your dog.

    Sure, I have no evidence to support that and cannot name you a single person who has given me evidence of it (hell, I don't even know if you own a dog), but it's what I believe anyways and thus it has to be true and, if you say you don't, it's obvious you are lying.

    Do you see what a waste of time it is to claim something while have zero evidence to support it? Well, you may not, but most people will.

    Watching a work force that is shrinking by the month
    Yes, DAMN my father for retiring after 30+ years of teaching and contributing to his retirement fund. And my mother? What a jackass for deciding to retire after 13 years of being superintendent, in addition to the 15 years she spent as teacher and principal. They clearly are nothing but welfare queens, who want the government to provide for them so the government doesn't have to count them as unemployed.

    Since I'm sure the obviously sarcastic nature of my comment flew over your head, I'm pointing out that claiming a work force which is shrinking, while ignoring the reasons WHY it is shrinking (retirement of Baby Boomers being a major factor), is ridiculous.

    I'm not even going to read the rest of your post, as I'm sure it is filled with the same ridiculous and baseless comments you've posted ad nauseum. All I'll say is that EVERY thing I said has gotten better has gotten better and the Democrats are being stupid in running from it. At the end of the day, there has been MUCH improvement since January 2009 and I think it's asinine the Democrats are not slam dunking it. And the Republicans have managed to do a much better job of not saboting themselves like they did in the 2012 election. Republicans have clearly done a better job for this election.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Seen
    12-22-14 @ 06:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    77

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    When you have a govt that's constant overreaching, all you can do is vote against something.
    But don't you think that's a slippery slope? Voting against you're not getting what you want. It's like trying to reach a destination walking away from the old place, and not towards the new one.

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    I think it needs to be changed, sure. But you need a greater agreement to make the change happen. I think like everyone else that money in national politics has gotten way out of hand, but the solution to that is to take the power out of the Federal government. Power is the commodity that is being sold in Washington. The only way to reduce the money is to reduce the commodity. If the government is no longer in the business of picking winners and losers then nobody pay pay extra to ensure they are the winners.

    I think the biggest move to taking power out of Washington is simplifying the tax code and eliminating loopholes. The greatest power the Federal Government yields is the power to levy, and not levy taxes. If you simplify the tax code so that every person and every business can expect the exact same treatment under the tax code then half of the lobbyists are out of a job.

    Expecting them to vote this power away is a pipe dream however.

    I think of all the political groups with the will to push such a measure the Libertarians come closest, but unfortunately I think the Libertarian party is better suited for a Parliamentary form of government which I do not favor.
    Once, a great agreement created this country. I believe, there's still a potential to make a change. Yes, I'm an optimist.
    At least, we can start a new party, push it forward, make it a real power, make it create all the changes you're talking about. Just like Lincoln did.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    God, you just don't get it, do you? What's more, you don't want to get it.

    First of all, they are not lies. They are truth. The data is directly from the BLS. I'm sorry if the truth sucks for you because you're nothing more than a cheerleader for the Republican Party, but it is still the truth. Second of all, because they are the truth, my point all along (Which you have been too damn lazy to uncover for yourself) is I don't understand why the Democrats have not been touting those successes in their campaigning. My original comment (which, again, you were too damn lazy to figure out) was that, much like Republicans in 2012, I do not understand the campaign strategy of the Democrats and they deserve to lose for running from the good things that have happened over the last 6 years.

    Look, I understand you don't like the truth. I get partisan hacks never care for the truth which contradicts them. But just because you want to play make believe, it doesn't change the fact everything I said is the truth and you posting a DIFFERENT statistic from anything I said does not disprove anything I said.
    The BLS says labor participation is at record breaking proportions

    92,594,000: Americans Not in Labor Force Hits All-Time Record; Participation Rate Matches 36-Year Low | CNS News

  9. #69
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,130

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Much as I did not understand the GOP's strategy in 2012, I do not understand the Democratic strategy now. Why they are not pounding the successes of the last 6 years (growing economy, more jobs, lower deficits, advancement of civil rights, etc.) is beyond me. It's like they are so terrified to run on their own record of successes.

    They deserve to lose this election based on terrible campaigning.
    Yes, unfortunately, it has been (for a long while) and continues to be the Party of Wimps v. the Party of Fools. It doesn't give America much of a choice but to blindly run FROM one to another and back again. We never seem to run to something (a vision), we just run FROM. We have a real leadership void in this country. Our nations leaders are a sorry lot.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 10-28-14 at 02:15 AM.

  10. #70
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,374

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You do realize that Americans in the Labor Force is also at an all time high? There are more people. And Participation is lower because a lower percentage of the population wants to work: retirees, disabled, students, stay home spouses.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •