Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 294

Thread: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

  1. #41
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    So when you cannot refute facts you simply try to change the subject?

    You were wrong. Everything I said which has gotten better is correct. Admit you were wrong and simply move on.

    Umm...duh? Why would you count people who aren't looking to work as unemployed? That would be stupid. Do you really think my 80+ year old grandfather who retired as superintendent after 30+ years of working and contributing to his own retirement fund is unemployed?

    It doesn't matter how you feel, it is still an advancement in civil rights. More demographics are enjoying equality under the law now than in 2008. For a political party who strongly supports civil rights, it seems to me they should be trumpeting such an advancement. But they are not.

    You have a problem with GDP going up, more people working and lower deficits?

    Interesting...
    Whatever fluffs your pillow at night.....

    Open your @#$%^ eyes.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Whatever fluffs your pillow at night.....

    Open your @#$%^ eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I prefer facts to do my fluffing. I'm sorry if facts are inconvenient for you.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Ignoring for a moment you just quoted Peter Ferrara who then quoted someone from the American Thinker (in other words: mega bias), the article you sourced was from a year and a half ago. Trying catching up with the times.

    Unemployment Rate: Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    55 Months of Private Sector Job Creation: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/04/bu...september.html
    Total Number of People Working (ie jobs created): Graph: Total nonfarm payroll employment (seasonally adjusted)
    GDP: US GDP Growth Rate by Quarter
    Deficits: US Federal Deficit Definition - plus charts and analysis
    Civil Rights: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/us/23military.html

    Everything I said was 100% true. You posting a biased article from a biased writer who quotes a biased source from a year and a half ago won't make the truth go away.

    What's really dumb about all this is you have a chance to LEGITIMATELY criticize Democrats for their awful campaign strategy, but you forgo that to argue with what are indisputable facts. You really should choose your criticisms better.
    Your biased liberal media links are even worse. Your NYT article claims job creation and low unemployment when in reality the unemployment went down because people are no longer looking for jobs. The job creation has been dismal.

  4. #44
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,000

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    My hope is that the GOP takes the Senate by a seat or two and holds onto to the House. They will then go bat gunao crazy over the next two years and we will see all kinds of extremist bills introduced - some passed - and then loudly vetoed by the President. If Obama is willing to stand as the visible bulwark between radical extremist and the interests of the American people..... and if it leads to the GOP nominating a radical like Paul for President believing the nation has swung to the far right - it will lead to massive Dem victories in 2016 as the Goldwater debacle of 64 is repeated all over the land from the top to the bottom of the ticket.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #45
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Your biased liberal media links are even worse.


    The fact you think the BLS and the NYT (who quotes the BLS) are biased links is incredibly funny.

    Your NYT article claims job creation and low unemployment
    Because it is true. Over 10 million jobs have been created in the private sector alone.

    because people are no longer looking for jobs.
    Yes, how dare those people retire! Let me guess, you got this from Rush Limbaugh, right? I suspect he or those like him are the only media you think is truth.

    The job creation has been dismal.
    And yet, it's grown by over 10 million jobs in the private sector since February 2009. This is indisputable.

  6. #46
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    I prefer facts to do my fluffing. I'm sorry if facts are inconvenient for you.
    Your facts are grossly incorrect. They're based on made-up information.

    Just because the lure in the water looks like food doesn't mean it is.

  7. #47
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,146

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    My hope is that the GOP takes the Senate by a seat or two and holds onto to the House. They will then go bat gunao crazy over the next two years and we will see all kinds of extremist bills introduced - some passed - and then loudly vetoed by the President.
    No kidding. Can you think how awful it would be if they took up the President's challenge to reform our Corporate Tax Code to reduce the rate from being the highest in the world? Or if they agreed with a wide majority of Americans that we should first secure our border and stop continued inflows before moving to put illegal immigrants already here on a track to legitimacy? Or narrowly got rid of the unpopular punishment portion of the individual mandate in Obamacare?

    If Obama is willing to stand as the visible bulwark between radical extremist and the interests of the American people..... and if it leads to the GOP nominating a radical like Paul for President believing the nation has swung to the far right - it will lead to massive Dem victories in 2016 as the Goldwater debacle of 64 is repeated all over the land from the top to the bottom of the ticket.
    This awesome opportunity must be why the DNC is trying so hard to make sure that they lose the Senate, yes?

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post


    The fact you think the BLS and the NYT (who quotes the BLS) are biased links is incredibly funny.

    Because it is true. Over 10 million jobs have been created in the private sector alone.

    Yes, how dare those people retire! Let me guess, you got this from Rush Limbaugh, right? I suspect he or those like him are the only media you think is truth.

    And yet, it's grown by over 10 million jobs in the private sector since February 2009. This is indisputable.
    You are cherry picking info.

    Record Number of Americans Not in Labor Force in June | CNS News

    Record Low Labor Participation Rate Not Due to Retirement or School | The Economic Populist

    Record 55,553,000 Women Not Participating in Labor Force | CNS News

  9. #49
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,986

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Your facts are grossly incorrect.
    No, they are completely accurate.

    They're based on made-up information.
    No, they are based on the surveys which have been done by the government for years.

    If you think it is made up, then it is on you to prove. So what proof do you have my facts are wrong?

    I'll wait, but I know you have nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You are cherry picking info.
    I'm not cherry picking anything. I suggest you go back and actually read what I said in this thread. It will make more sense to you. Start with post #7.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    No, they are completely accurate.

    No, they are based on the surveys which have been done by the government for years.

    If you think it is made up, then it is on you to prove. So what proof do you have my facts are wrong?

    I'll wait, but I know you have nothing.
    I'm not cherry picking anything. I suggest you go back and actually read what I said in this thread. It will make more sense to you. Start with post #7.
    OK, Mr. Alinsky. Whatever you say.

    Now, if you can get blacks to vote like North Koreans again in two weeks, maybe you can save that Senate!

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •