Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 294

Thread: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    You say that, but you falsely claimed only people reporting to state employment agencies were considered unemployed.
    So we know you've been deceptive and wrong.
    Not for the unemployment figures the government uses. the U6 is never used in government reports. You like the deceptive figures that make Obama look not so bad. Remember the unemployment went down because people that stopped looking weren't counted. The U6 stays close to double the U3

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    They measure different things. Do you really think including people who have jobs, including some people who usually work full time is an accurate measure of how many people can't find any work? Do you really think including people who aren't trying to work is an accurate measure of how hard it is to find a job?
    The people that are't trying to work have given up. When the economy gets better and jobs become available they will again work. You justify the lies and deceptions of the government

  3. #233
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Not for the unemployment figures the government uses.
    What is "Not for the unemployment figures the government uses.?"

    U6 is never used in government reports.
    It's published in the same report as the U3!
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  4. #234
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    What is "Not for the unemployment figures the government uses.?"

    It's published in the same report as the U3!
    Which is a false figure. When it goes down because people stop looking not because people get jobs that shows it is false and deceptive

  5. #235
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The people that are't trying to work have given up.
    That's not true. Most are retired, disabled, students, stay home spouses etc. Over 92% of those not looking for work don't want a job. Of those who say they do, most stopped looking for personal reasons, not "giving up."


    When the economy gets better and jobs become available they will again work.
    Some, yes, which is why they are tracked. But you're saying that someone who Is not trying to work is the same as someone trying

    If an employer has job openings, and 60 people apply, and 20 people in towww n aren't working but didn't know about the job and didn't apply, and 50 get hired, how many more people could the employer have hired if he had enough openings?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  6. #236
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Which is a false figure. When it goes down because people stop looking not because people get jobs that shows it is false and deceptive
    The U6 also goes down when people stop looking.
    And you didn't clarify what you meant about "not what the government uses."
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    That's not true. Most are retired, disabled, students, stay home spouses etc. Over 92% of those not looking for work don't want a job. Of those who say they do, most stopped looking for personal reasons, not "giving up."



    Some, yes, which is why they are tracked. But you're saying that someone who Is not trying to work is the same as someone trying

    If an employer has job openings, and 60 people apply, and 20 people in towww n aren't working but didn't know about the job and didn't apply, and 50 get hired, how many more people could the employer have hired if he had enough openings?
    That is crap. Unemployment has dropped because people stopped looking More lies to falsely protect Obama

    Unemployment Rate Down As Americans Give Up On Work - Forbes

    Why are people leaving the workforce? - CBS News

  8. #238
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    The U6 also goes down when people stop looking.
    And you didn't clarify what you meant about "not what the government uses."
    The government uses U3 not U6 when they publicly claim what unemployment is which is running half of what U6 is

  9. #239
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    That's not true. Most are retired, disabled, students, stay home spouses etc. Over 92% of those not looking for work don't want a job. Of those who say they do, most stopped looking for personal reasons, not "giving up."



    Some, yes, which is why they are tracked. But you're saying that someone who Is not trying to work is the same as someone trying

    If an employer has job openings, and 60 people apply, and 20 people in towww n aren't working but didn't know about the job and didn't apply, and 50 get hired, how many more people could the employer have hired if he had enough openings?
    You can invent all the plausible excuses you want, but the general feeling by most people and reported in the news is that the job picture is false and incomes are down. Obama job approval sucks because no one really believes the job numbers.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #240
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,372

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    That is crap. Unemployment has dropped because people stopped looking
    But you still haven't articulated why people not trying to work should be considered unemployed, the same as people trying to work. And worse, you refuse to explain why some people not trying to work should not be counted and others should. The closest has been your claim that people "might" start looking one day, but that doesn't explain why they should be considered part of the labor market now.

    Are you incapable of actually making an argument?


    More lies to falsely protect Obama

    Unemployment Rate Down As Americans Give Up On Work - Forbes

    Why are people leaving the workforce? - CBS News[/QUOTE]
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •