Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 294

Thread: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

  1. #151
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    it is more accurate than the government low ball figure
    How can you say that when you don't know how either is derived?
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  2. #152
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    You telling me they do not revise the month employment rates. I think you better tell that to the news stations. I keep hearing them report in October the the monthly revised unemployment rate is so and so for September. Now I think it is you who does not know what you are talking about. Either that or all these years the newspapers, TV news and on the radio have been filling the airways with propaganda.
    Since the September data wasn't published until October, and the next release is in November, how are you claiming you heard revisions to September?
    The Official Employment numbers (newjobs) are revised for 2 months after publication, but the unemployment and other labor force data x are not, except in the December data.
    Do you really need me to link through all the press releases to prove my point?

    Now I really do not know about you, who in the world said one should count retirees?
    Ptif keeps calling all those not in the Labor Force unemployed

    Or full time students? ETC. Etc. If a person loses his job even if he stops looking for a job and he is not retired, a student etc. etc., he still should be counted.
    Why? And why only those who lose their jobs? If you're not trying to get a job, you won't: it doesn't matter if you were laid off, fired, quit, retired, etc....none of them are available.

    Now here again, I have heard on the news that although more people were hired this month than lost their jobs this month, the unemployment rose a tenth of a point because a lot of those who stopped looking for work started looking again. So why weren't those people counted as unemployed to begin with.
    The unemployment rate dropped from August to September. So no you didn't hear that this month.

    But to answer your question: retired, in school, looking after kids or parents, I'll, injured, Oregon a Mr.... all kinds of reasons people aren't looking for work. Some change their minds, some become able to get a job... many reasons


    1. you are either unemployed, out of work or you are working.
    Is that three categories, or two?
    But what is wrong with the historical divisions: working, not working but trying to work, not trying to work.

    That seems pretty simple to me.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,916
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    Since the September data wasn't published until October, and the next release is in November, how are you claiming you heard revisions to September?
    The Official Employment numbers (newjobs) are revised for 2 months after publication, but the unemployment and other labor force data x are not, except in the December data.
    Do you really need me to link through all the press releases to prove my point?


    Ptif keeps calling all those not in the Labor Force unemployed


    Why? And why only those who lose their jobs? If you're not trying to get a job, you won't: it doesn't matter if you were laid off, fired, quit, retired, etc....none of them are available.


    The unemployment rate dropped from August to September. So no you didn't hear that this month.

    But to answer your question: retired, in school, looking after kids or parents, I'll, injured, Oregon a Mr.... all kinds of reasons people aren't looking for work. Some change their minds, some become able to get a job... many reasons



    Is that three categories, or two?
    But what is wrong with the historical divisions: working, not working but trying to work, not trying to work.

    That seems pretty simple to me.
    If you want to count all those not seeking employment at the moment non-existent, that's fine. But if they're non-existent because they gave up looking for work, what are they doing receiving unemployment benefits, why count them when they start looking, they're non-existent. My point is either they exist, if so count them or they don't. If you're unemployed, you're unemployed regardless of whether you are trying to find a job or not. You exist, the stats for unemployment says you don't exist. What is so hard to understand about that.

    Aw, forget it. Government and common sense do not go together.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  4. #154
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    It's the economy stupid--except when it's not the GOP economy of piss-poor GDP in 2008 but vibrant yesterday. A lot of guessing fer yer team--just two teams--Romney would be a hero with these numbers and there would be no Ebola scare since it's only in 3 countries. Nixon, Atwater and McCarthy would be proud
    Physics is Phun

  5. #155
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If you want to count all those not seeking employment at the moment non-existent, that's fine.
    Who said they're non-existent? They're just not unemployed. Those not in the Labor Force are sub-categorized by desire for work, ability to work, and reason for not looking.
    I don't even know what definition of unemployed you're using.

    But if they're non-existent because they gave up looking for work, what are they doing receiving unemployment benefits, why count them when they start looking, they're non-existent.
    That makes no sense. If they start looking again, then they are unemployed. Not sure we by you think they wouldn't be.

    If you're unemployed, you're unemployed regardless of whether you are trying to find a job or not.
    No, because unemployed is defined as looking for work.

    You exist, the stats for unemployment says you don't exist. What is so hard to understand about that.
    Besides what your definition of unemployed is? I don't get what you're talking about as far as "don't exist" No one is saying people not trying to work don't exist.
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

  6. #156
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Romney praised the GDP numbers yesterday--the usual GOP lying spinners didnt--he must think it's safe to talk now--as we saw with Lissy Graham's good ole boy plantation remarks--typical for a JAG--just like Cotton--entitled since they served safe officer service
    Physics is Phun

  7. #157
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,336

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    If you want to count all those not seeking employment at the moment non-existent, that's fine. But if they're non-existent because they gave up looking for work, what are they doing receiving unemployment benefits, why count them when they start looking, they're non-existent. My point is either they exist, if so count them or they don't. If you're unemployed, you're unemployed regardless of whether you are trying to find a job or not. You exist, the stats for unemployment says you don't exist. What is so hard to understand about that.

    Aw, forget it. Government and common sense do not go together.
    Point made, though! Sad, but true!

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    No, first, please tell me why you thought only people who went through state agencies were considered unemployed and why you would state that as a fact.

    I'm always curious where people get these strange ideas, but no one ever wants to answer.
    Did you just decide that must be true based on nothing?
    Because what other source does government have.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by pinqy View Post
    How can you say that when you don't know how either is derived?
    Because i trust nothing that comes from government. You on the other hand love the government like Obama tells you to do

  10. #160
    Guru
    pinqy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,369

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Because what other source does government have.
    How the Government Measures Unemployment
    Therefore, since the world has still/Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure/Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would,/And train for ill and not for good.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •