Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 294

Thread: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

  1. #121
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Excuse me... you have missed the point entirely. I blasted the CNS link as withholding the whole story and only trying incite (which you are once again a victim of) and contrasted it to two stories that attempted to explain (unlike the CNS story) what was going on with the change in NILF number. The CNS story was dumbed down for Conservative consumption (facts that you can use to hammer Obama without any explanation of the facts)
    That is crap. The fact that unemployment goes down because people stop looking shows how deceptive the numbers are. September was the first time since 2008n that was not the case

  2. #122
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,105

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    That is crap. The fact that unemployment goes down because people stop looking shows how deceptive the numbers are. September was the first time since 2008n that was not the case
    " Its crap" because its contrary to your world view and what you want believe (you want something to hammer Obama with)..... yes, within the NILF number, there are things to hammer Obama with, but the NILF number, which you apparently do not understand or want to understand, is not it. If you continue to use the NILF number in aggregate as something of significance in supporting your case, I will continue to hammer you with being ignorant of the components of the number.

    If you want to sharpen you debate game, I would recommend getting a better handle on the material you wish to discuss.

  3. #123
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    384

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The man seems determined to interject himself and make this election about him, no matter how hard some of his party's candidates are trying to avoid him at all costs. He epitomizes arrogance.
    What? Obama has barely campaigned at all for Democrats. And when he does it's for blue state Dems, I don't see him in Arkansas.

    Republicans on the other hand have a much greater effort to make this election a referendum on Obama, much more so than the man himself. They've made a habit of running with lines like "This Democrat has voted with Obama 98% of the time!", and "We have to end the Obama- (insert Dem) agenda!".

  4. #124
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    " Its crap" because its contrary to your world view and what you want believe (you want something to hammer Obama with)..... yes, within the NILF number, there are things to hammer Obama with, but the NILF number, which you apparently do not understand or want to understand, is not it. If you continue to use the NILF number in aggregate as something of significance in supporting your case, I will continue to hammer you with being ignorant of the components of the number.

    If you want to sharpen you debate game, I would recommend getting a better handle on the material you wish to discuss.
    I am usually one of those that do not pay attention to the unemployment rate. I know the government say it is this, then a month later they revise it which leads me to believe what the government releases the first doesn't mean anything.

    Then as pointed out, the unemployment rate is not really an unemployment rate, it is just the rate of people unemployed looking for jobs. The fact that the unemployment rate can jump when more jobs are created and more people hired and it can fall when there are more unemployed added to it without a corresponding number being hired makes the unemployment rate something of a fantasy.

    To me the unemployment rate should be total work force available minus all those who are not working. Anything else is close to being a lie. So why pay attention to something that is inherent untruthful from the beginning.

    Except as you say to bash this president or that president.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    " Its crap" because its contrary to your world view and what you want believe (you want something to hammer Obama with)..... yes, within the NILF number, there are things to hammer Obama with, but the NILF number, which you apparently do not understand or want to understand, is not it. If you continue to use the NILF number in aggregate as something of significance in supporting your case, I will continue to hammer you with being ignorant of the components of the number.

    If you want to sharpen you debate game, I would recommend getting a better handle on the material you wish to discuss.
    You mean you will continue the Obama lies. This is the first time there has been more full time jobs than part time jobs. another words Obama and the BLS do not explain most jobs have been part time

    The Workforce Part-Time Employment Ratio: Looking Better for the Core Age Group

  6. #126
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ToastyOats View Post
    What? Obama has barely campaigned at all for Democrats. And when he does it's for blue state Dems, I don't see him in Arkansas.

    Republicans on the other hand have a much greater effort to make this election a referendum on Obama, much more so than the man himself. They've made a habit of running with lines like "This Democrat has voted with Obama 98% of the time!", and "We have to end the Obama- (insert Dem) agenda!".
    He is staying from senators and is doing stops for governors. Twice in the last week or 2 people have walked out on him

  7. #127
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I am usually one of those that do not pay attention to the unemployment rate. I know the government say it is this, then a month later they revise it which leads me to believe what the government releases the first doesn't mean anything.

    Then as pointed out, the unemployment rate is not really an unemployment rate, it is just the rate of people unemployed looking for jobs. The fact that the unemployment rate can jump when more jobs are created and more people hired and it can fall when there are more unemployed added to it without a corresponding number being hired makes the unemployment rate something of a fantasy.

    To me the unemployment rate should be total work force available minus all those who are not working. Anything else is close to being a lie. So why pay attention to something that is inherent untruthful from the beginning.

    Except as you say to bash this president or that president.
    Greetings, Pero.

    What President wants the true unemployment number advertised? The people who track these things have it between 13 to 14 percent at the moment! Couple that with the fact that many of the employed are working part-time jobs - some of them with more than one part-time job just to pay their bills - and the picture gets worse.

    I understand that no one here would want to work for $5.00 a day, like many around the world do, so where does that leave us? Unemployed and having to rely on the government for help to survive! I can't blame them - in most cases it's not their fault. They're willing to work. Wouldn't it make sense to copy what FDR did, and put them to work on things that benefit everyone, like getting our grid into the 21st century, as an example? As it stands, we are sitting ducks for failure due to natural disasters or man-made ones, like terrorism. When the inevitable happens, as it undoubtedly will, what excuse will be made - we can't say we weren't warned by experts! :

  8. #128
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,186

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by ToastyOats View Post
    What? Obama has barely campaigned at all for Democrats. And when he does it's for blue state Dems, I don't see him in Arkansas.

    Republicans on the other hand have a much greater effort to make this election a referendum on Obama, much more so than the man himself. They've made a habit of running with lines like "This Democrat has voted with Obama 98% of the time!", and "We have to end the Obama- (insert Dem) agenda!".
    I was talking about his radio interview with Al Sharpton saying how this election was all about his policies.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #129
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,937
    Blog Entries
    25

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Greetings, Pero.

    What President wants the true unemployment number advertised? The people who track these things have it between 13 to 14 percent at the moment! Couple that with the fact that many of the employed are working part-time jobs - some of them with more than one part-time job just to pay their bills - and the picture gets worse.

    I understand that no one here would want to work for $5.00 a day, like many around the world do, so where does that leave us? Unemployed and having to rely on the government for help to survive! I can't blame them - in most cases it's not their fault. They're willing to work. Wouldn't it make sense to copy what FDR did, and put them to work on things that benefit everyone, like getting our grid into the 21st century, as an example? As it stands, we are sitting ducks for failure due to natural disasters or man-made ones, like terrorism. When the inevitable happens, as it undoubtedly will, what excuse will be made - we can't say we weren't warned by experts! :
    I agree, FDR never did hand outs. He created his 3 letter alphabet soups like the WPA, CCC, TVA etc and put people to work earning the money the government gave them. But supposedly we have progressed so far that making people work for their money is considered beneath their dignity.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  10. #130
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: AP-GfK Poll: Most expect GOP victory in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    I agree, FDR never did hand outs. He created his 3 letter alphabet soups like the WPA, CCC, TVA etc and put people to work earning the money the government gave them. But supposedly we have progressed so far that making people work for their money is considered beneath their dignity.
    Pero, I'd hate to think my parents raised me wrong, because I know they did not! Not only did they teach me that working for what you wanted was the correct thing to do in order to have self respect, but I was expected to have good manners too - and I raised my children the same way! WTH happened along the way?

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •