Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 165

Thread: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

  1. #61
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so my opinion was that Brown and his friend were walking away, and Wilson recounts that they turned and Brown ran toward him while he was ordering him to stop...That's worse....I don't see how you think that helps your attempt to blame the cop here?
    Christ. From the OP article:

    "The struggle continued, and Wilson attempted to pull the trigger twice more. The source said Wilson thought Brown’s hand may have interfered again. Wilson was able to fire a second shot, and Brown ran.

    Wilson used his radio to report that shots had been fired and ask for additional cars, but during the struggle, his radio had been switched from the Ferguson channel, the source said.

    Wilson said he had gotten out of the SUV and chased Brown.

    The source said Wilson did not recall yelling or saying anything then, but Brown had stopped and turned.

  2. #62
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,176

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    another item i have not seen released is the medical documentation showing that the shooter actually incurred physical damage during the altercation
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #63
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    the cop, who is motivated to construct a story which exculpates him from liability, had the benefit of knowing what the other witnesses observed previous to issuing his version of events. those other witnesses provided their testimony soon after the incident
    and what appears to be significant is that while the victim is alleged by the shooter to have continued to threaten him, those other - more objective - witnesses saw a young man who was defenseless, wounded, and in a subordinating position. hardly the target identified as a threat to the shooter, at the time he was killed by said shooter
    Nonsense bubba....Tell me, what was the motivation for Wilson to just kill Brown would be? It just doesn't make sense here, and I know that when something like that doesn't make sense it is bs.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #64
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by GBFAN View Post
    Wait, wait!!! This doesn't fit the liberal mantra ... tell me it isn't so!!!
    "No justice, no peace."


    Expect riots.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #65
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,176

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nonsense bubba....Tell me, what was the motivation for Wilson to just kill Brown would be? It just doesn't make sense here, and I know that when something like that doesn't make sense it is bs.
    let's see. he was on the police force that had been disbanded because of the force's inclination toward racially motivated actions
    the two (black) guys he just told to get out of the road; did they follow his instructions or did they piss the officer off by ignoring them? did that cause him to place the SUV in reverse and return to confront them? did he - as witnesses have indicated - grab the victim thru the window of the police SUV, which would have identified the officer as the one initiating violence?
    all kinds of speculation. speculation which might be substantially resolved at a trial. hopefully, the grand jury will act to require one
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  6. #66
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Don, with all due respect, that WaPo article simply regurgitates things we already know. They give no details about accounts of the new anonymous eyewitnesses, the accounts of which they are getting via hearsay from "sources close to the investigation" also known as law enforcement, other that they "largely" support Wilson's account (which specific parts they support (and don't support) is a fairly relevant detail, no?). They use the new autopsy report to conclude that Brown didn't have his hands up when the bullets went through his eye and skull, like that was some kind of amazing revelation (Michael Brady said he even captured a picture Brown before the final shots were fired, who at that point had curled up and was starting to stumble to the ground). They went into the details about how the forensics support Brown reaching for his gun for whatever reason, which isn't really disputed now that the full autopsy report was leaked to the Post-Dispatch, and does not provide conclusive evidence of either Wilson's or Brown's state of mind (although it narrows the possibilities).

    They failed to specifically mention whether the anonymous eyewitnesses heard Wilson say "get on the ground" as he claims he did. They also failed to specifically mention whether the anonymous eyewitnesses said that Brown had his hands in the air after he turned around towards Wilson. They failed to specifically mention whether the anonymous eyewitnesses said that Brown charged at Wilson.

    And again, and most importantly, their source for all of this information is undoubtedly law enforcement. The same law enforcement that said that the entire scene from the car door to the shooting was 35 feet. The same law enforcement that said that there were too many specific requests for the store surveillance video to hold back, but then couldn't produce any.
    I understand your point. I haven't reached any premature conclusions. I await the Grand Jury's conclusion, but assuming some of the leaded reports are accurate--and we don't have all the details that the Grand Jury has--a decision not to indict is very much in the realm of possibility.

  7. #67
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    The grand jury proceedings are unusual. Typically in a grand jury case, the lead investigator will provide an overview of his findings and perhaps one or two witnesses will testify.

    However, McCulloch decided from the beginning that the grand jury in this case would sort through all the evidence. And, instead of telling grand jury members what charges they believe Wilson should face, prosecutors are involving the grand jury as co-investigators.
    I find this rather interesting. See definite pros and cons to it. The biggest pro would be that this would truly and fully engage a grand jury. Much more so than a listening to a lead investigator for hours on end. Cons that it puts a ton of faith in the jury to be thorough.

  8. #68
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    let's see. he was on the police force that had been disbanded because of the force's inclination toward racially motivated actions
    Can you show me any of Wilson's actions on that force that contributed to this action?

    the two (black) guys he just told to get out of the road; did they follow his instructions or did they piss the officer off by ignoring them?
    So you think that cops murder people because they get mad at them for not following orders? Also, that you chose to highlight (black) in parenthesis shows that you think this was racially motivated, and you have NO evidence that was the case.

    did that cause him to place the SUV in reverse and return to confront them?
    Or, did the radio report of the robbery, and these two fitting the description cause that?

    did he - as witnesses have indicated - grab the victim thru the window of the police SUV, which would have identified the officer as the one initiating violence?
    That is absurd, and makes NO sense at all...Probably a lie.

    all kinds of speculation. speculation which might be substantially resolved at a trial. hopefully, the grand jury will act to require one
    Nope, I think the GJ will not indict, from what we know at this point that would be proper no matter your need to have the cop arrested and face trial for doing his job in a difficult circumstance...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #69
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    "No justice, no peace."


    Expect riots.

    This is something we call agree on.

  10. #70
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    I understand your point. I haven't reached any premature conclusions. I await the Grand Jury's conclusion, but assuming some of the leaded reports are accurate--and we don't have all the details that the Grand Jury has--a decision not to indict is very much in the realm of possibility.
    A decision not to indict is all but a certainty, and the leaks are most certainly intentional.

    Did you happen to catch that Wilson (allegedly, as reported through anonymous sources by the two respective newspapers) changed his story from what he told investigators to what he told the Grand Jury, with respect to whether he said anything to Brown or not before Brown stopped and turned around? STL Post-Dispatch reported that Wilson told investigators he didn't recall saying to Brown but that Brown just stopped and turned around, and the WaPo reported that Wilson told the GJ that he told Brown to stop and get on the ground before Brown turned around.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •