Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 165

Thread: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

  1. #51
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTrumps View Post
    the expert investigators are saying the evidence is pointing toward the Officer's story being the correct one. I'll take their word over your "unaffiliated sources" every day of the week.
    I heard that too, actually. They examined the air particles at the scene and determined that Michael Brown's hands were not present.

  2. #52
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Because Brown may have thought that Wilson was some "Klansman with a badge." Taking something that I said Brown may have been thinking and outright accusing me of thinking it is completely inappropriate.
    That is a cop out, excuse the pun...

    Look, the most likely scenerio, that was talked about early on, and is proving as the case goes on to be the correct one is this

    Brown, and his friend strong arm rob a store of cigarellos, and as they are walking down the street they are approached by Officer Wilson, in his patrol SUV, and told to get out of the roadway. Then Wilson pulls ahead of them and parks to make sure he observes them following his instruction. Now, these two don't know why he is parked the car, and is observing them, their paranoia tells them they are about to be arrested, during this time the call for the robbery comes over the radio, and these two fit the description, so as Wilson starts to get out to confront them again, Brown punches him back into the car, and struggles for the gun....Now, it is no longer petty theft for robbery, Now it is Assault of a police officer, Attempted murder of a police officer. So, as Brown and his friend start to walk away thinking that they beat up a cop, and can walk away, they hear Wilson order them to stop. Brown being already shot in the hand from the struggle, turns and taunts Wilson saying "What? You gonna shoot me" as he advances toward Wilson, and Wilson as he should shoots Brown until the threat is stopped. period.

    Nothing else in my mind is anything other than ridiculous bs.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #53
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,033

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post

    You and other like yourself are easily influence by your racial ignorance that you will always side on the cop side no matter what. You are not interested in finding out the truth, you are more interested in protecting this white officer.
    Are you interested in the truth? Seems the reported forensic evidence is supporting the LEO statements.

    Your statement of racial ignorance and always side on the cop side is an opinion not based in fact. Why do you believe those who support the LEO are influenced by racial ignorance? Seems you are the one blind to what the facts are telling about the incident.

  4. #54
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New York
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    11,691

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    FWIW from The Washington Post:

    Ferguson, Mo., police officer Darren Wilson shot and killed unarmed teenager Michael Brown after they fought for control of the officer’s gun and after Brown moved toward Wilson as they faced off in the street, according to interviews, news accounts and the full report of the St. Louis County autopsy of Brown’s body...

    Some of the physical evidence — including blood spatter analysis, shell casings and ballistics tests — also supports Wilson’s account of the shooting, The Post’s sources said, which cast Brown as an aggressor who threatened the officer’s life. The sources spoke on condition of anonymity because they are prohibited from publicly discussing the case.
    Evidence supports officer

    As noted in previous comments on this case, I thought that one should wait for the facts to become clear rather than rushing to judgment. I welcomed the Grand Jury examination of the evidence.

  5. #55
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is a cop out, excuse the pun...

    Look, the most likely scenerio, that was talked about early on, and is proving as the case goes on to be the correct one is this

    Brown, and his friend strong arm rob a store of cigarellos, and as they are walking down the street they are approached by Officer Wilson, in his patrol SUV, and told to get out of the roadway. Then Wilson pulls ahead of them and parks to make sure he observes them following his instruction. Now, these two don't know why he is parked the car, and is observing them, their paranoia tells them they are about to be arrested, during this time the call for the robbery comes over the radio, and these two fit the description, so as Wilson starts to get out to confront them again, Brown punches him back into the car, and struggles for the gun....Now, it is no longer petty theft for robbery, Now it is Assault of a police officer, Attempted murder of a police officer. So, as Brown and his friend start to walk away thinking that they beat up a cop, and can walk away, they hear Wilson order them to stop. Brown being already shot in the hand from the struggle, turns and taunts Wilson saying "What? You gonna shoot me" as he advances toward Wilson, and Wilson as he should shoots Brown until the threat is stopped. period.

    Nothing else in my mind is anything other than ridiculous bs.

    I found particularly interesting the part of your version of events where you unknowingly called Darren Wilson a liar.

  6. #56
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    I found particularly interesting the part of your version of events where you unknowingly called Darren Wilson a liar.
    Oh? And care to share, or is that just a phony charge?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #57
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh? And care to share, or is that just a phony charge?
    Sure, see the bolded below. If you need more information than that, I suggest you try the article in the OP that the thread was started for.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is a cop out, excuse the pun...

    Look, the most likely scenerio, that was talked about early on, and is proving as the case goes on to be the correct one is this

    Brown, and his friend strong arm rob a store of cigarellos, and as they are walking down the street they are approached by Officer Wilson, in his patrol SUV, and told to get out of the roadway. Then Wilson pulls ahead of them and parks to make sure he observes them following his instruction. Now, these two don't know why he is parked the car, and is observing them, their paranoia tells them they are about to be arrested, during this time the call for the robbery comes over the radio, and these two fit the description, so as Wilson starts to get out to confront them again, Brown punches him back into the car, and struggles for the gun....Now, it is no longer petty theft for robbery, Now it is Assault of a police officer, Attempted murder of a police officer. So, as Brown and his friend start to walk away thinking that they beat up a cop, and can walk away, they hear Wilson order them to stop. Brown being already shot in the hand from the struggle, turns and taunts Wilson saying "What? You gonna shoot me" as he advances toward Wilson, and Wilson as he should shoots Brown until the threat is stopped. period.

    Nothing else in my mind is anything other than ridiculous bs.

  8. #58
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Sure, see the bolded below. If you need more information than that, I suggest you try the article in the OP that the thread was started for.

    Ok, so my opinion was that Brown and his friend were walking away, and Wilson recounts that they turned and Brown ran toward him while he was ordering him to stop...That's worse....I don't see how you think that helps your attempt to blame the cop here?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #59
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,162

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, so my opinion was that Brown and his friend were walking away, and Wilson recounts that they turned and Brown ran toward him while he was ordering him to stop...That's worse....I don't see how you think that helps your attempt to blame the cop here?
    the cop, who is motivated to construct a story which exculpates him from liability, had the benefit of knowing what the other witnesses observed previous to issuing his version of events. those other witnesses provided their testimony soon after the incident
    and what appears to be significant is that while the victim is alleged by the shooter to have continued to threaten him, those other - more objective - witnesses saw a young man who was defenseless, wounded, and in a subordinating position. hardly the target identified as a threat to the shooter, at the time he was killed by said shooter
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  10. #60
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland1 View Post
    FWIW from The Washington Post:



    Evidence supports officer

    As noted in previous comments on this case, I thought that one should wait for the facts to become clear rather than rushing to judgment. I welcomed the Grand Jury examination of the evidence.
    Don, with all due respect, that WaPo article simply regurgitates things we already know. They give no details about accounts of the new anonymous eyewitnesses, the accounts of which they are getting via hearsay from "sources close to the investigation" also known as law enforcement, other that they "largely" support Wilson's account (which specific parts they support (and don't support) is a fairly relevant detail, no?). They use the new autopsy report to conclude that Brown didn't have his hands up when the bullets went through his eye and skull, like that was some kind of amazing revelation (Michael Brady said he even captured a picture Brown before the final shots were fired, who at that point had curled up and was starting to stumble to the ground). They went into the details about how the forensics support Brown reaching for his gun for whatever reason, which isn't really disputed now that the full autopsy report was leaked to the Post-Dispatch, and does not provide conclusive evidence of either Wilson's or Brown's state of mind (although it narrows the possibilities).

    They failed to specifically mention whether the anonymous eyewitnesses heard Wilson say "get on the ground" as he claims he did. They also failed to specifically mention whether the anonymous eyewitnesses said that Brown had his hands in the air after he turned around towards Wilson. They failed to specifically mention whether the anonymous eyewitnesses said that Brown charged at Wilson.

    And again, and most importantly, their source for all of this information is undoubtedly law enforcement. The same law enforcement that said that the entire scene from the car door to the shooting was 35 feet. The same law enforcement that said that there were too many specific requests for the store surveillance video to hold back, but then couldn't produce any.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •