Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 165

Thread: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

  1. #41
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Thats the first time I heard any of them admit that Brown went for Wilson's gun.
    Where in the word did you get that from? The "unidentified female"??? That's Josie, purportedly telling Darren Wilson's version.

  2. #42
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why are you downplaying assault on a uniformed officer, and the grapple for his weapon as a "tussle"?
    The woman called it a tussle.

    Why not just admit that you're wrong about the witnesses saying very clearly they saw the struggle when you said they didn't say there was a struggle?

    In any case, the blood does not negate what the witnesses said, it in fact supports their statements... as well as Officer Wilson's account. The blood does not negate the one or the other. Why are you claiming it does?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  3. #43
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, "tussle" is being used to downplay what actually happened, which is assault on a police officer, attempted murder of a police officer, failure to obey lawful commands of a police officer, not to mention suspicion of strong arm robbery, and possession of stolen goods...

    So can we just dispense with the dishonesty of trying to make it out like Brown just got in a little slap fight with Wilson please...It's just stupid.
    First, there's no proof that Wilson was assaulted... unless there's some medical evidence that hasn't come out yet.
    Second, we also don't have proof that Brown was going for the gun.
    Third, it's interesting that the statement you're supporting is one made by the defendant, months after the incident and evidence was made available. Not the statements of the 8 unbiased witnesses that all have a very similar recollection of the events that made statements very soon after the shooting. Don't you, for a minute, find that just a little suspicious?
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  4. #44
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    No, of course not. But the physical evidence that has been leaked also doesn't conclude who started the physical altercation, or exactly what happened during the entire fight. It does indicate that Brown likely did have his hand on Wilson's gun. Whether that was because he was trying to take the gun from Wilson and shoot him with it, or if it was because he thought Wilson was determined to kill him and was trying to stop him, is a question only Michael Brown could have answered, but it would appear to give Wilson a legitimate reason to pull the trigger while he was in the car.
    That is absurd...We have a dead suspect that assaulted a police officer, whom was moments earlier involved in a strong arm robbery, against a cop that has NO record, or even ONE complaint of any racial incident throughout his career. Now all of the sudden he was some Klansman with a badge? Nah, not buyin' it....

    It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that Brown initiated an attack on a police officer but didn't bother to first drop the cigarillos he was holding. Additionally, the fact that he handed the cigarillos to Johnson mid-altercation makes me think that he was taken by surprise when Wilson escalated the situation to the level where he drew his gun. But I'll concede that just because it doesn't make sense, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Look, this isn't just some guy on the street we are talking about here. This is a uniformed police officer, on duty, in a marked police vehicle. Brown supporters seem to think that the police who may have had suspicion at the time to go back and question Brown again after telling him and his friend to leave the roadway, and believing that he may have had something to do with the robbery that came in over the radio. In either case that is his job.

    Do you want police out there that don't approach suspects? It's his job.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #45
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is absurd...We have a dead suspect that assaulted a police officer, whom was moments earlier involved in a strong arm robbery, against a cop that has NO record, or even ONE complaint of any racial incident throughout his career. Now all of the sudden he was some Klansman with a badge? Nah, not buyin' it....



    Look, this isn't just some guy on the street we are talking about here. This is a uniformed police officer, on duty, in a marked police vehicle. Brown supporters seem to think that the police who may have had suspicion at the time to go back and question Brown again after telling him and his friend to leave the roadway, and believing that he may have had something to do with the robbery that came in over the radio. In either case that is his job.

    Do you want police out there that don't approach suspects? It's his job.

    Please don't put words in my mouth, I never said he was a "Klansman with a badge" nor did I even imply that it was in any way a racially motivated incident.

  6. #46
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    The woman called it a tussle.
    Tsk, of course she did...I saw that in your article. It still doesn't mean that she wasn't trying to downplay what happened.

    Why not just admit that you're wrong about the witnesses saying very clearly they saw the struggle when you said they didn't say there was a struggle?
    I never said that they didn't see a struggle, I was focusing on the use of the word "tussle" to downplay assault on a police officer, and attempted murder of a police officer...Please don't make things up.

    In any case, the blood does not negate what the witnesses said, it in fact supports their statements... as well as Officer Wilson's account. The blood does not negate the one or the other. Why are you claiming it does?
    Oh, you mean her account where she tried to say that Brown was pulling away, and Wilson was pulling in? Give me a break...

    First, there's no proof that Wilson was assaulted... unless there's some medical evidence that hasn't come out yet.
    are you joking here? Wilson was taken to the hospital, and treated and released...The medical evidence will come out either at trial, or after the GJ is done with it...

    Second, we also don't have proof that Brown was going for the gun.
    Circumstances certainly point to that being the likely course of events, such as GPR on Brown's hand, and the gunshot wound in the hand from close range, like inside the SUV. So, yeah, I think he was absolutely going for the gun and was shot in the hand....

    Third, it's interesting that the statement you're supporting is one made by the defendant, months after the incident and evidence was made available. Not the statements of the 8 unbiased witnesses that all have a very similar recollection of the events that made statements very soon after the shooting. Don't you, for a minute, find that just a little suspicious?
    So far, these so called "unbiased" witnesses have had differing parts of their stories prove false by the evidence, so to me it seems like the ol' campfire syndrome, where everyone told a story has the general gist, but it is different enough to know that they are full of it in the end...

    But, we shall have to continue to wait and see won't we...?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #47
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Please don't put words in my mouth, I never said he was a "Klansman with a badge" nor did I even imply that it was in any way a racially motivated incident.
    You said:

    "...Whether that was because he was trying to take the gun from Wilson and shoot him with it, or if it was because he thought Wilson was determined to kill him and was trying to stop him..."


    So then, now tell me why would Brown think that an officer getting out of his car, while on duty was in your words "determined to kill him"?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #48
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You said:

    "...Whether that was because he was trying to take the gun from Wilson and shoot him with it, or if it was because he thought Wilson was determined to kill him and was trying to stop him..."


    So then, now tell me why would Brown think that an officer getting out of his car, while on duty was in your words "determined to kill him"?
    Because Brown may have thought that Wilson was some "Klansman with a badge." Taking something that I said Brown may have been thinking and outright accusing me of thinking it is completely inappropriate.

  9. #49
    Professor
    Tettsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,321

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Tsk, of course she did...I saw that in your article. It still doesn't mean that she wasn't trying to downplay what happened.

    I never said that they didn't see a struggle, I was focusing on the use of the word "tussle" to downplay assault on a police officer, and attempted murder of a police officer...Please don't make things up.

    Oh, you mean her account where she tried to say that Brown was pulling away, and Wilson was pulling in? Give me a break...

    are you joking here? Wilson was taken to the hospital, and treated and released...The medical evidence will come out either at trial, or after the GJ is done with it...

    Circumstances certainly point to that being the likely course of events, such as GPR on Brown's hand, and the gunshot wound in the hand from close range, like inside the SUV. So, yeah, I think he was absolutely going for the gun and was shot in the hand....

    So far, these so called "unbiased" witnesses have had differing parts of their stories prove false by the evidence, so to me it seems like the ol' campfire syndrome, where everyone told a story has the general gist, but it is different enough to know that they are full of it in the end...

    But, we shall have to continue to wait and see won't we...?
    It's strange that everyone but Darren Wilson has some bias or is totally unreliable, isn't it?

    Look, we can't have an honest discussion if you can't be objective. Officer Wilson was standing outside for some time before the body of Mr. Brown was removed. No one saw these injuries. Let's say he was struck, the only time Wilson had the right to use deadly force was when Wilson was at the vehicle's window. Once they disengaged, Wilson does not have to right to shoot him unless he actually did charge, as Wilson claimed.

    But, there are 8 people that say otherwise.

    You can believe the defendant, fighting for his freedom, but not 8 unaffiliated sources... right.
    A man without fear is a fool, a man that succumbs to his fear is a coward and a brave man acknowledges fear yet presses on.
    http://soulinblackandwhite.blogspot.com/

  10. #50
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by Tettsuo View Post
    It's strange that everyone but Darren Wilson has some bias or is totally unreliable, isn't it?

    Look, we can't have an honest discussion if you can't be objective. Officer Wilson was standing outside for some time before the body of Mr. Brown was removed. No one saw these injuries. Let's say he was struck, the only time Wilson had the right to use deadly force was when Wilson was at the vehicle's window. Once they disengaged, Wilson does not have to right to shoot him unless he actually did charge, as Wilson claimed.

    But, there are 8 people that say otherwise.

    You can believe the defendant, fighting for his freedom, but not 8 unaffiliated sources... right.
    the expert investigators are saying the evidence is pointing toward the Officer's story being the correct one. I'll take their word over your "unaffiliated sources" every day of the week.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •