Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 165

Thread: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

  1. #111
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The entire police force was disbanded - both those that did wrong and those that did no wrong were without a job. There is no indication that he was of the group that did wrong. in fact.. there have been indiciations that he was one of those that did no wrong.
    where are the indications that he was innocent but fired for racial bigotry anyway
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #112
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Like every other hypersensitive, racially-percieved crime, there will be a portion of the population who stop percieving evidence rationally. No amount of conflicting information will deter them from their belief. Confirmation bias will run rampant and no response, regardless of how well reasoned or worded one is, will break that bias.

  3. #113
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    I agree that one should wait till investigation is completed and released before drawing any conclusions.

    Why the emphasis on black and white witness. I don't care what color/race a witness is. All witness statements need to be collaborated by other evidence.
    Is there not witnesses that support Wilson's description on the event. No I don't find it suspicious that Wilson may not have mentioned at the time about Browns hand position.
    One could say by not doing so makes the witness statements suspect.


    I can't/won't speak for other posters. One reason I don't like all inclusive statements.
    I agree with little facts that have been given it is most likely a clean shoot.

    As far as your last statement. Yep, many have made up their minds. Just like the protesters in the other St. Luis ? event where a black teenager shot at the police. The police returned fire and the kid died. People are angry because the police shot another black kid. Never mind the kid fired first. So goes the world.

    Because many don't find black witnesses credible..

    Look I agree with you also that protestor had their opinion drawn just hearing the headline. I took a lot of heat on facebook defending the cops actions. I also made this open statement on facebook that genrated a lot of heat.

    cops.jpg


    I have a friend who is a cop and our kids play together all the time. However, I'm not naive to think that all cops are honest with good intention. They are just like us but with badges. The arguments I have with many is that I am not taking the word of Wilson just because Brown did a criminal act. A lot of things don't smell right and I would like to hear more instead of just speculations. I read a article that Brown had Marijuana in his system. People made posts about it. I said to myself "so what". There are white collar executives and Ivy League students that smoke weed. Why is Brown treated differently?

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

  4. #114
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Right.. Because it's at all beleiveable that someone is going to be sitting in a car and attempt to pull a 300 lb 6 foot man through a car window.
    based on your comment below, recognizing that the cop's door was closed, then there appears to be agreement that the 'tussle' between the two men happened thru the SUV driver side window
    now to ponder whether the 300 pounder chose to enter the window of his own accord or whether the driver pulled the 300 pounder thru the window


    You would also, apparently, believe that no one slammed the door shut when Wilson attempted to exit his vehicle.. it just bounced off someone and closed on the officer

    we know the cop approached the two black men and told them thru the driver's side window to 'get the **** on the sidewalk'. he the continued past them. stopped and put the SUV in reverse coming alongside the two men
    now i am of the belief he drove in that manner to get close to the two men. otherwise, he could have stopped the car instead of reversing it, and still confronted both men. only not in such a close manner
    so, that then causes me to believe there is a possibility that the reversed car, approaching the men to get close to them, got so close that there was no room to open the door, confirming the witnesses' accounts
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    where are the indications that he was innocent but fired for racial bigotry anyway
    The former captain (or someone high up) indicated he was not one of hte problem individuals. Realize, there is a big difference between being fired for cause, which seems to be what you are looking at, and a job or company being disbanded or closed.

  6. #116
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,147

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    The former captain (or someone high up) indicated he was not one of hte problem individuals. Realize, there is a big difference between being fired for cause, which seems to be what you are looking at, and a job or company being disbanded or closed.
    there is a difference between elimination a position and eliminating the person who fills that position
    in this instance, the city eliminated the person and not the position
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    so, that then causes me to believe there is a possibility that the reversed car, approaching the men to get close to them, got so close that there was no room to open the door, confirming the witnesses' accounts
    Yes, it's all just another super clumsy white guy.. Much like it was with George Zimmerman running into trees, tripping and falling and whatever other incredulous concoctions Trayvon's supporters came up with to explain away the injuries.

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    there is a difference between elimination a position and eliminating the person who fills that position
    in this instance, the city eliminated the person and not the position
    Allow me to assist:

    Ferguson Officer Darren Wilson once a member of police force disbanded over racial tension: report* - NY Daily News

    The white cop who killed unarmed black teen Michael Brown on Aug. 9 was once part of a Missouri police force that was disbanded over racial tensions in the community it served.

    Officer Darren Wilson was a member of the 45-employee Jennings, Mo., Police Department that was fired by its city council in 2011 and replaced by St. Louis County Police, the Washington Post reported.

    Wilson, 28, didn’t rack up any disciplinary issues during his tenure in Jennings, but the nearly all-white police force came under fire for its poor relations with the predominantly black community.
    Wilson, who was raised in Texas, was among the officers given the chance to reapply for their jobs, but he left Jennings for the nearby Ferguson Police Department.
    Instead, he went to Ferguson, which was a step-up and recieved a raise.

  9. #119
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    where are the indications that he was innocent but fired for racial bigotry anyway
    So guilty until proven innocent, huh?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #120
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    No, of course not. But the physical evidence that has been leaked also doesn't conclude who started the physical altercation, or exactly what happened during the entire fight. It does indicate that Brown likely did have his hand on Wilson's gun. Whether that was because he was trying to take the gun from Wilson and shoot him with it, or if it was because he thought Wilson was determined to kill him and was trying to stop him, is a question only Michael Brown could have answered, but it would appear to give Wilson a legitimate reason to pull the trigger while he was in the car.

    It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that Brown initiated an attack on a police officer but didn't bother to first drop the cigarillos he was holding. Additionally, the fact that he handed the cigarillos to Johnson mid-altercation makes me think that he was taken by surprise when Wilson escalated the situation to the level where he drew his gun. But I'll concede that just because it doesn't make sense, that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    But it makes sense that the cop sitting in the car just pulled his gun on an unarmed teen while remaining seated and not even opening the door? (And it's definitely not procedure.) The latest account from the cop says Brown punched him thru the lowered window, assaulting him, and then he drew the gun to defend himself. To me, while not proven, at least makes some sense.

    He was a teen...a very reactionary stage with often poor judgment. I doubt he planned to punch the cop when he was called over to the car. Maybe something the cop said insulted him or pissed him off. Speculation on what caused the reaction, of course. The teen had just robbed a store and threatened another man...probably still amped up on adrenaline, reacting to a probable arrest on that. Again, yes speculation except for the robbery and threat part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •