Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 165

Thread: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

  1. #91
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,165

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How so?
    there is no record that he litigated his employment termination, which discharge was for racial bigotry

    would seem he chose not to exercise his right to due process; at least within the legal system
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #92
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    from all the westerns i watched as a kid, the guys who were shot with their hands up then moved their hands to the place on the body where the bullet entered
    would this young man not be expected to do the same
    Are you really going to use B-westerns as evidence?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #93
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,165

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are you really going to use B-westerns as evidence?
    i will refer to them to illustrate what a gun shot victim was likely to do with his hands once shot
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #94
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,039

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    See post #70.
    "Did you happen to catch that Wilson (allegedly, as reported through sources by the two respective newspapers) changed his story from what he told investigators to what he told the Grand Jury, with respect to whether he said anything to Brown or not before Brown stopped and turned around? STL Post-Dispatch reported that Wilson told investigators he didn't recall saying to Brown but that Brown just stopped and turned around, and the WaPo reported that Wilson told the GJ that he told Brown to stop and get on the ground before Brown turned around. "

    Care to share links to the two respeced newspaper articles.

    (if your post 70 is supporting documention, your definition and mine of documention are worlds apart.)

    imo, your post 70 does not support anything without the links to the source.

  5. #95
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    "Did you happen to catch that Wilson (allegedly, as reported through sources by the two respective newspapers) changed his story from what he told investigators to what he told the Grand Jury, with respect to whether he said anything to Brown or not before Brown stopped and turned around? STL Post-Dispatch reported that Wilson told investigators he didn't recall saying to Brown but that Brown just stopped and turned around, and the WaPo reported that Wilson told the GJ that he told Brown to stop and get on the ground before Brown turned around. "

    Care to share links to the two respeced newspaper articles.

    (if your post 70 is supporting documention, your definition and mine of documention are worlds apart.)

    imo, your post 70 does not support anything without the links to the source.
    See post 90.

    See post 54.

    See post 1.
    Last edited by JC_CT; 10-22-14 at 11:31 PM.

  6. #96
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,139
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    This last week from the Washington Post:

    Because Wilson is white and Brown was black, the case has ignited intense debate over how police interact with African American men. But more than a half-dozen unnamed black witnesses have provided testimony to a St. Louis County grand jury that largely supports Wilson’s account of events of Aug. 9, according to several people familiar with the investigation who spoke with The Washington Post.
    And this paragraph I also found rather telling:

    Benjamin L. Crump, a lawyer for the Brown family, said Brown’s family and supporters will not be persuaded by the autopsy report or eyewitness statements that back Wilson’s account of the incident.
    Looks like they are saying that either the cop is lynched, or they will destroy businesses and loot to their hearts content. Definitely get the popcorn, because the show is going to be one to watch.


  7. #97
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    This last week from the Washington Post:



    And this paragraph I also found rather telling:



    Looks like they are saying that either the cop is lynched, or they will destroy businesses and loot to their hearts content. Definitely get the popcorn, because the show is going to be one to watch.

    Aren't you supposed to be providing links for your direct quotes?

    That's OK, I'll help you out. See post 54.

  8. #98
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    And let's just throw the word lynch around like it has no historical context. That's cool.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Sadly we don't have Micheal's side of the incident. They say there are two sides to every story. Awesome the shooter has his.
    As you were told.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike2810 View Post
    True there are two sides to a story.

    The question should be is the forensic evidence supporting the "shooter" or not.

    If the answer is yes, then does it really matter if the other sides story is available?

    Even witness statements should be supported by other evidence.

    Sadly? Nah!
    It is what happens when thugs bite off more than they can chew.





    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    there is no record that he litigated his employment termination, which discharge was for racial bigotry

    would seem he chose not to exercise his right to due process; at least within the legal system

    You are speaking utter nonsense.

    No, his discharge was not for racial bigotry. That is your bigotry speaking.
    His discharge was because his job no longer existed because the Department was disbanded.
    Why it was disbanded was not attributable to him. And he had a clean record at that department.





    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    What about the fact that he lied to the grand jury?
    That is a ridiculously absurd claim.

    You do understand that the interviews came before this testimony, right?
    You do understand that it is reported that he said during interviews that he did not remember, right?
    You do understand that other witnesses have him telling Brown to stop before turning, right?
    You do understand that the GJ testimony came after his interviews, right?
    Interviews ~ didn't remember
    After interviews ~ remembered
    During GJ testimony ~ relayed what he remembered

    So how is it that you do not understand that him remembering what happened (especially as it was witnessed by others) prior to testifying to the GJ allowed him to testify to such?

    That is how things work with memory, or did you also not know that?
    And yet you want to call it a lie. That is just stupid.

    And what is funny about this is your focus on something that is completely irrelevant.
    Whether or not he remembered makes absolutely no difference to what happened prior to Brown turning, or after he turned and began approaching him.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #100
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Source: Darren Wilson says Michael Brown kept charging at him

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Except that he didn't have his hands up when the fatal shots were fired, and nobody is arguing that he did. Perfect example of a straw man argument.
    What fatal shots are you talking about?

    When was he supposed to have his hands up then?

    isn't the narrative that he had his hands up and the officer shot him anyway?

    if that were true, the bullets would have entered his arms at a different angle.

    No straw man here, just you trying to ignore evidence.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •