Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 573

Thread: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

  1. #71
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL.

    Thank you for the complement. A real thinker wouldn't draw that conclusion, but then again...

    So as we move towards a central data base of medical records, it won't be important to a doctor to know exactly who the patient is they are treating? Just walk in and promise you're the person you say you are, so please refill my oxycontin prescription.
    One of three things is true for every one of these, "They need ID to do ______" talking points.

    1) The statement is false.
    2) Yes, they need an "ID", but the list of IDs accepted for that activity is FAR broader than the types of ID required under the restrictive voting rules, or
    3) Hundreds of thousands of Texans, in this case, do not do that particular activity.

    So you can save yourself the trouble. The "they need ID to....." is always either false or irrelevant. There is simply no dispute by ANYONE informed with simple facts that the new rules in Texas will require several hundred thousand registered voters to acquire an ID that they do not currently use or need in their daily lives.

    One has to be remarkably nave to wave off such a critically important thing as precise identification of a patient.
    And one has to be intentionally ignorant to not realize that "precise ID of a patient" is possible with IDs that are not allowed at the polls.

    In Europe, they have a European Health Insurance Card that is issued free of charge, so people can be properly identified for medical treatment. I assume you think people shouldn't receive proper medical treatment.
    A conservative touting the virtues of European socialized medicine..... That's beautiful!

  2. #72
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    One of three things is true for every one of these, "They need ID to do ______" talking points.

    1) The statement is false.
    2) Yes, they need an "ID", but the list of IDs accepted for that activity is FAR broader than the types of ID required under the restrictive voting rules, or
    3) Hundreds of thousands of Texans, in this case, do not do that particular activity.

    So you can save yourself the trouble. The "they need ID to....." is always either false or irrelevant. There is simply no dispute by ANYONE informed with simple facts that the new rules in Texas will require several hundred thousand registered voters to acquire an ID that they do not currently use or need in their daily lives.



    And one has to be intentionally ignorant to not realize that "precise ID of a patient" is possible with IDs that are not allowed at the polls.



    A conservative touting the virtues of European socialized medicine..... That's beautiful!

    LOL.

    One has to be intentionally ignorant if they think everyone is going to buy this liberal progressive meme about voting restriction. The court let stand the Texas law. For those who think it's a scheme, it must suck to be them.

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,243

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Supreme Court allows Texas to enforce new voter ID law for November election | Fox News

    Again, TX gets it right. Liberals aren't going to steal an election in TX by having the dead vote

    ewwwww ... that's gotta sting.

  4. #74
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,243

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why do you think it's about "not knowing how" to get an ID? Why the assumption of ignorance? Why not assume difficulty or lack of opportunity?
    replicate ... 49 times.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,243

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    One of three things is true for every one of these, "They need ID to do ______" talking points.

    1) The statement is false.
    2) Yes, they need an "ID", but the list of IDs accepted for that activity is FAR broader than the types of ID required under the restrictive voting rules, or
    3) Hundreds of thousands of Texans, in this case, do not do that particular activity.

    So you can save yourself the trouble. The "they need ID to....." is always either false or irrelevant. There is simply no dispute by ANYONE informed with simple facts that the new rules in Texas will require several hundred thousand registered voters to acquire an ID that they do not currently use or need in their daily lives.

    And one has to be intentionally ignorant to not realize that "precise ID of a patient" is possible with IDs that are not allowed at the polls.


    A conservative touting the virtues of European socialized medicine..... That's beautiful!

    Where'd you hear all that?
    Always be suspicious of your source.

  6. #76
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Uhh, you guys are the ones who always say gun control laws don't stop anyone from getting guns.
    Nice try, but it doesn't change the face that you and other liberals approve of ID requirements to get a gun, but not to vote.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    LOL.

    One has to be intentionally ignorant if they think everyone is going to buy this liberal progressive meme about voting restriction. The court let stand the Texas law. For those who think it's a scheme, it must suck to be them.
    It must suck to accept reality? No, I think it makes life easier living without the cognitive dissonance of defending stuff that can't be defended without inventing straw men, inventing facts, etc.

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,719

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    Where'd you hear all that?
    Always be suspicious of your source.
    Where did I hear what?

    If you think any of it isn't true, please tell me why you think that?

    Fact is hundreds of thousands of Texans will need an ID they don't need in their daily lives to vote. No one disputes that. So when someone says, "THEY need ID to do _____" it's always a BS point, false or irrelevant.

  9. #79
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    It must suck to accept reality? No, I think it makes life easier living without the cognitive dissonance of defending stuff that can't be defended without inventing straw men, inventing facts, etc.
    I agree. You should practice what you preach. The cognitive dissonance of the left on this subject is astounding and can't be defended by facts.

    I recognize it's just part of the political game, but the disenfranchisement meme is laughable.

  10. #80
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,305

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Where did I hear what?

    If you think any of it isn't true, please tell me why you think that?

    Fact is hundreds of thousands of Texans will need an ID they don't need in their daily lives to vote. No one disputes that. So when someone says, "THEY need ID to do _____" it's always a BS point, false or irrelevant.
    Here is the data presented at trail about this matter,
    https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...fact_sheet.pdf
    This is not just numbers spoken for the media but presented as evidence in court.

Page 8 of 58 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •