Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 573

Thread: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

  1. #511
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    And Reagan's own budgets never called for those spending cuts....
    the democrats were the ones to fulfill the promise of what they wanted to cut....they had controlled the house for 28 years.

  2. #512
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What you don't seem to understand is economic activity and when you do have less money to spend you do create less economic activity. You don't get it and probably never will until you actually learn to think for yourself.
    I respect evidence. You keep ignoring the Clinton years, as you must, because that record directly contradicts you. Sure, taxes have a minor effect. If a broad based tax cut is nominal $1, it might only cost 90 cents after the added growth. I've said it 10 times, you've ignored the point 10 times. Clinton raised taxes, and the economy created more jobs than during the Reagan era - 5 million more.

    Sorry but your math is screwed up as usual. Better try again, BEA.gov, will give you the GDP numbers and they doubled. Inflation adjusted is the liberal way of convincing people that they need to pay more in taxes. Not going to happen, have a good one
    Adjusting for inflation is how one compares amounts denominated in dollars from one period to the next. As I said, you must believe that 3% growth in an era of 100%/year inflation is no better or worse than 3% growth when inflation is 1% per year. Of course the former is a picture of an economy in collapse, the latter of a reasonably healthy economy. In non-liberal land these eras would be treated as the same.

    LOL, liberals just don't get it, but liberals also never send in more than they have to thus making most liberals hypocrites
    Nice dodge!

  3. #513
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    the democrats were the ones to fulfill the promise of what they wanted to cut....they had controlled the house for 28 years.
    OK, fine, but Presidents submit a budget that, presumably, reflects their own spending priorities. Reagan's never outlined those cuts. I'm sorry, but it's just BS to give Reagan all the credit, none of the blame, then give democrats who passed his tax cuts none of the credit, but all the blame. Let's be adults and agree the WH and Congress worked together for compromises that benefited both. That's what happened. There are no white hats and black hats in D.C.

  4. #514
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,765

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The guy/gal just doesn't get it. He/she has no understanding of what actually happened and that every American who earned income got a tax and not all Americans got a tax increase most of which were use taxes. Told him/her that many times but it just doesn't sink in. Reagan's tax cuts were indeed three years in a row and led to the greatest economic boom in U.S. history and that simply drives liberals nuts.
    Tax cuts help, as does goosing the economy with deficit spending, and the Fed bringing down interest rates, oil prices stabilizing, inflation coming down, and much more. Conservatives want to reduce something as complex as the U.S. economy with 200 million or so (at that time) moving parts to ONE variable - the top marginal rate on the wealthy. It's not that simple.

    Worse, this only works in one direction. So when a GOPer brings rates down, all that happens that's good is because of tax rate reductions. But when Clinton raised rates and the economy boomed, THEN they look around to find some reason to explain why it's not top marginal rates that matter, but something else....

  5. #515
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    OK, fine, but Presidents submit a budget that, presumably, reflects their own spending priorities. Reagan's never outlined those cuts. I'm sorry, but it's just BS to give Reagan all the credit, none of the blame, then give democrats who passed his tax cuts none of the credit, but all the blame. Let's be adults and agree the WH and Congress worked together for compromises that benefited both. That's what happened. There are no white hats and black hats in D.C.
    Reagan spent money we know this, however Reagan was not alone in the tax cuts and tax increases, congress was involved also.

    Reagan cuts taxes, the first two years of those cuts, saw a decrease in revenue, however revenue rebounded and nearly doubled by the time Reagans presidency was over.

    but its does not matter who is president or who is in congress it is the natural order of government to spend and increases its powers, because even though we saw an increase in revenue the government spent and spent as its always going to.

    so anyone trying to lay blame on 1 party is ridiculous

  6. #516
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,098

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you explain the FIT revenue increases after the Reagan and Bush tax cuts? Also please let me knew when either Reagan or Bush had trillion dollar deficits?? And please don't point to 2009 unless you can post a Bush approved and signed budget?
    We have been through this a thousand times before... FIT revenue dropped for 4 straight years after the Bush tax cuts (they actually fell 20%, and then took three more years to get back, in aggregate, but not real dollars, to the levels pre-tax cuts). They never again returned to the level of GDP rate that existed before the cuts. Bush tax cuts cost the federal coffers $1.3T over 10 years. Interesting that the Heritage Foundation (most known as the author of what is now Obamacare), forecast that the Bush tax cuts would lead to a complete pay-off of the national debt and a $3T surplus, but instead lead to a $10T debt, making it the biggest financial miscalculation in the history of man. At least they got Obamacare right.

    Reagan also had an immediate free fall in tax collection revenues. Fortunately, for Reagan, tax collections started to improve because the economy started to improve.... we can thank Carter's appointment of Paul Volcker (and Reagan's affirmation of Volcker), who's fiscal policy finally broke the back of 15 years of stagflation.... and we can thank the Computer industry for its introduction first of the mini-computer, followed by the micro computer, which fueled the technology revolution that made all of American business far more efficient (as in, could do things at much lower cost) that worked to propel the US out of a turn of the decade recession. Reagan should thank those people and events as well, as it positioned him to be in the right place at the right time.

    In terms of deficits, that last Bush deficit was $1T+, and he left his successor with the bar bill of multiple $1T recession because of his wars that were financed by tax cuts. The Reagan deficits, also caused by irresponsible combination of tax cuts and spending increases, on a constant dollar basis, were of the same magnitude.

    Oh yes, I am happy to post, for the umteenth time, my cites for every rep above, as I have done so many times in the past... but, similar to so many times in the past, you really don't want facts the challenge your reality, so why bother?
    Last edited by upsideguy; 10-29-14 at 01:55 AM.

  7. #517
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,500

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I won't hold my breath. Look forward to seeing the leftwing spin that ignores the Treasury data for after all what does the bank of the United States know about revenue coming in from Taxes and what does the Bureau of economic analysis know about GDP?? We all know the left has better answers and fools a lot of people. Could never understand how me keeping more of what I earn was an expense to the Federal Govt. Wonder what leftwing accountant came up with that description of tax cuts??
    Oh, Rome wasn't built in a day. Patience. I want to do me a tiny favor. You posted 3 sets of numbers from your link, which was simply leading to home page. Post the link directly to the page from which you got your 3 sets of numbers.

  8. #518
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I respect evidence. You keep ignoring the Clinton years, as you must, because that record directly contradicts you. Sure, taxes have a minor effect. If a broad based tax cut is nominal $1, it might only cost 90 cents after the added growth. I've said it 10 times, you've ignored the point 10 times. Clinton raised taxes, and the economy created more jobs than during the Reagan era - 5 million more.



    Adjusting for inflation is how one compares amounts denominated in dollars from one period to the next. As I said, you must believe that 3% growth in an era of 100%/year inflation is no better or worse than 3% growth when inflation is 1% per year. Of course the former is a picture of an economy in collapse, the latter of a reasonably healthy economy. In non-liberal land these eras would be treated as the same.



    Nice dodge!
    We are not comparing one period to the next but rather what happened during the Reagan term just like we are comparing what is happening now. Obviously you don't know the components of GDP and what drives our economy. Tax cuts are what drove consumer spending and led to 17 million jobs created. Reagan inherited a double dip recession, Clinton didn't. Clinton's economic policy gave us a GOP Congress that cut everyone of Clinton's budget requests and yet Clinton still added 1.4 trillion to the debt which is 300 billion less than Reagan's yet still no concern on your part. One of these days you are going to wake up and realize how liberalism has made a fool out of you. When that happens however it will be too late.

  9. #519
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    upsideguy;1063920605]We have been through this a thousand times before... FIT revenue dropped for 4 straight years after the Bush tax cuts (they actually fell 20%, and then took three more years to get back, in aggregate, but not real dollars, to the levels pre-tax cuts). They never again returned to the level of GDP rate that existed before the cuts. Bush tax cuts cost the federal coffers $1.3T over 10 years. Interesting that the Heritage Foundation (most known as the author of what is now Obamacare), forecast that the Bush tax cuts would lead to a complete pay-off of the national debt and a $3T surplus, but instead lead to a $10T debt, making it the biggest financial miscalculation in the history of man. At least they got Obamacare right.
    That is a lie, The Bush tax cuts weren't fully implemented until July 2003 and the Treasury shows you are absolutely wrong. You also ignore the Clinton recession as well as 911. The cry after 9/11 was that 'we will never forget" You have forgotten. The Bush tax cuts didn't cost the Treasury a dime and led to job creation and more govt. revenue. Like all liberals you assume economic activity would have been the same without those cuts. That is what liberals always do, ignore activity and human behavior.

    Reagan also had an immediate free fall in tax collection revenues. Fortunately, for Reagan, tax collections started to improve because the economy started to improve.... we can thank Carter's appointment of Paul Volcker (and Reagan's affirmation of Volcker), who's fiscal policy finally broke the back of 15 years of stagflation.... and we can thank the Computer industry for its introduction first of the mini-computer, followed by the micro computer, which fueled the technology revolution that made all of American business far more efficient (as in, could do things at much lower cost) that worked to propel the US out of a turn of the decade recession. Reagan should thank those people and events as well, as it positioned him to be in the right place at the right time.
    I posted Reagan income tax revenue by year. He inherited a Recession and solved the problem. Do you even know when Reagan's tax cuts took effect? What you and others have no concept of is leadership, economic activity, and human behavior

    In terms of deficits, that last Bush deficit was $1T+, and he left his successor with the bar bill of multiple $1T recession because of his wars that were financed by tax cuts. The Reagan deficits, also caused by irresponsible combination of tax cuts and spending increases, on a constant dollar basis, were of the same magnitude.
    Another lie, please show me the Bush SIGNED Budget for fiscal year 2009? How many times do I have to prove you wrong? I really am tired of trying to convince people like you that tax cuts or you keeping more of what you earn isn't the problem

    Oh yes, I am happy to post, for the umteenth time, my cites for every rep above, as I have done so many times in the past... but, similar to so many times in the past, you really don't want facts the challenge your reality, so why bother?
    You seem happy posting the lies for the umteenth time and simply refuse to admit you are wrong on any subject. What is it about liberalism that creates this kind of loyalty?

  10. #520
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: SC allows Texas to use New Voter ID Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Oh, Rome wasn't built in a day. Patience. I want to do me a tiny favor. You posted 3 sets of numbers from your link, which was simply leading to home page. Post the link directly to the page from which you got your 3 sets of numbers.
    You cannot do that on the BEA website, you need to learn how to use it. It is very simple to navigate and the numbers I posted can be downloaded into an Excel file. Get any student at Texas to help you

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •