Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 257

Thread: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

  1. #241
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,571

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Adrenaline
    I don't like to comment on these cases until I hear the evidence presented in court, subject to cross examination.
    I'm guessing though, it will come down to this. Was the officer acting in a way that is consistent with the use of deadly force as taught by the Ferguson police force.

  2. #242
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    As predicted, more leaks:
    Even more leaks:

    Many AA witnesses support Wilson's version of events in front of the grand jury but are afraid to come forward.

    Because Wilson is white and Brown was black, the case has ignited intense debate over how police interact with African American men. But more than a half-dozen unnamed black witnesses have provided testimony to a St. Louis County grand jury that largely supports Wilson’s account of events of Aug. 9, according to several people familiar with the investigation who spoke with The Washington Post.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...a29_story.html

  3. #243
    Professor
    JoeTrumps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Memphis
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    liberals discussing climate change: "I listen to the experts ONLY."
    liberals discussing Ferguson: "Screw the experts, they don't know anything."

    way to stay consistent only when it suits your argument

  4. #244
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Or Holder and the Justice Department come out against the leaks that may bolster support for Wilson and are worried it may enflame protestors.. but no such conerns about Sharpton et al actually enflaming the protestors.

  5. #245
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then you obviously thought, or think that Officer Wilson should be the one laying in the street dead, instead of the Strong armed robbery, Assault on a police officer, Attempted murder of a police officer suspect. I wonder if the Reserve Officers that you claim to train know that about you....?
    Oh so much CON BS and drama....

    Those Reserve Officers had a hard lesson to learn... once the threat stops you can't empty your mag into someone. What many folks lack is experience in a real fight, one where you take the hit and not lose your mind.

    I absolutely don't think a cop should die, far from it, but your 'logic' isn't supported by facts/logic/forensics- just bias. Who says the Cop would have died, he already shot Brown, already fought him off and your 'logic' has the cop putting three rounds into a charging man's head?????

    Try and put words in my posts all you want, I never said what you are trying to claim. Try and keep the debate to what is said and not what you wish was said...

  6. #246
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    once the threat stops you can't empty your mag into someone.
    Good thing for Wilson that isn't what happened in this case.
    The threat, Brown, continued to be a threat when he turned to reengage him.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #247
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Then you obviously thought, or think that Officer Wilson should be the one laying in the street dead, instead of the Strong armed robbery, Assault on a police officer, Attempted murder of a police officer suspect.

    I wonder if the Reserve Officers that you claim to train know that about you....?
    He said the opposite of that and his referral to the Tueller Drill ("21 foot rule") is one reason I've been waiting to see distances on where the shots outside the vehicle took place.

    You have made some good points but I found his post pretty evenhanded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #248
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    This thing is taking a familiar course. Liberals reflexively defend the black person ( hey gotta lock in that 90% vote!) and discard any facts that don't fit the narrative of the jack booted cops terrorizing black youths, (As if that is within 10 miles of reality)

    That said, I think the cop is going to have a hard time justifying six shots.
    I'm a liberal...now don't you just look silly and ignorant with your reflexive generalization?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #249
    User GRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Seen
    10-25-14 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    111

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I'm a liberal...now don't you just look silly and ignorant?
    He looks silly and ignorant because you're a liberal?

  10. #250
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,890

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Adrenaline
    And momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •