Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 257

Thread: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

  1. #231
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,637

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I read an article a while ago, that there were plans being drawn up for protests across the nation when/if no indictment comes down... So... I doubt peaceful is likely to occur.
    Yep, I think most are aware of that now. What I hope occurs is that the violent crowd is about the size of the prior violent crowd among the peaceful protesters, rather than much larger. Regardless, law and order must prevail.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #232
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,619

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That really is not only a childish way to open your point, but a lie as well. That is absolutely true...And a major reason why "eyewitness testimony" in court is the most unreliable there is... No, it doesn't make them liars, what does that is when the forensics proves that their story is not true, and they continue with it anyway...THEN they become liars. Not always...There are many reasons that a story can be different than the facts... *Sigh* Considering the struggle that had just happened inside the Officer's SUV, including the struggle for the gun, the officer has a duty to arrest Brown. He gets out and orders Brown to stop, and Brown stops, turns, and starts to taunt Wilson, saying "What!, You gonna shoot me....?!" and starts approaching Wilson again. Wilson facing a man twice his size, whom had just assaulted him in the SUV, knows he would absolutely lose another altercation, and orders Brown to "STOP"! Brown takes another step and get's shot.... Lesson here, don't assault the police and try to take their gun, then menace them further and think that you'll not have anything bad happen. I wan't you to now back this bull **** up...Give us any training manual that states that an officer must put themselves at risk of bodily harm, or death, because a suspect stops kicking their ass, and then resumes menacing behavior.... And I'd say that a TV show is where you must have come up with your blather of Wilson should have let Brown approach him again without firing until the suspect is subdued...Because only on the TV will you see a cop try and reason with a suspect that just tried to take their gun and kill them.
    What you are saying is pure opinion, the 'forensics' don't claim the suspect was coming back at the police officer, you make that leap.

    The childish point was all yours, you attempt to turn a surrender into a threat. Might as well claim once a citizen gets into a struggle with LE, the attacker is a threat as long as he breathes.

    Actually I helped train Reserve Officers where the presentation of their firearm to use deadly force taught you keep focused on the suspect and not the front sight (be surprised how many look at the front sight and watch it onto COM) If the suspect surrenders while you are raising your pistol, you don't get a free pass to shoot him anyway.

    No you use your typical CON game... NO WHERE did I say a cop MUST risk his life when confronting a dangerous suspect, am saying a cop can't dump a mag at someone out of fear/anger. Bit of a difference.

    There is a rule we call the 21 foot rule. It is simple, if a perp is rushing you and is within 21 feet of you. contact will be made, even if you have your weapon out. What struck me as not jibing with the rather trite, "he came at me (after I had already shot him and he had retreated) and I feared for my life" is how many rounds the cop managed to put into Brown while Brown was coming at him.

    As far as your attempt to bring TV into this... IF I ever watch cop shows it is to laugh at the rather silly leaps of 'science' the shows make in presenting evidence.

    Nice try but it just don't fly...

  3. #233
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    What you are saying is pure opinion, the 'forensics' don't claim the suspect was coming back at the police officer, you make that leap.

    The childish point was all yours, you attempt to turn a surrender into a threat. Might as well claim once a citizen gets into a struggle with LE, the attacker is a threat as long as he breathes.

    Actually I helped train Reserve Officers where the presentation of their firearm to use deadly force taught you keep focused on the suspect and not the front sight (be surprised how many look at the front sight and watch it onto COM) If the suspect surrenders while you are raising your pistol, you don't get a free pass to shoot him anyway.

    No you use your typical CON game... NO WHERE did I say a cop MUST risk his life when confronting a dangerous suspect, am saying a cop can't dump a mag at someone out of fear/anger. Bit of a difference.

    There is a rule we call the 21 foot rule. It is simple, if a perp is rushing you and is within 21 feet of you. contact will be made, even if you have your weapon out. What struck me as not jibing with the rather trite, "he came at me (after I had already shot him and he had retreated) and I feared for my life" is how many rounds the cop managed to put into Brown while Brown was coming at him.

    As far as your attempt to bring TV into this... IF I ever watch cop shows it is to laugh at the rather silly leaps of 'science' the shows make in presenting evidence.

    Nice try but it just don't fly...
    Then you obviously thought, or think that Officer Wilson should be the one laying in the street dead, instead of the Strong armed robbery, Assault on a police officer, Attempted murder of a police officer suspect.

    I wonder if the Reserve Officers that you claim to train know that about you....?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #234
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,566

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    This thing is taking a familiar course. Liberals reflexively defend the black person ( hey gotta lock in that 90% vote!) and discard any facts that don't fit the narrative of the jack booted cops terrorizing black youths, (As if that is within 10 miles of reality)

    That said, I think the cop is going to have a hard time justifying six shots.

  5. #235
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,551

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    This thing is taking a familiar course. Liberals reflexively defend the black person ( hey gotta lock in that 90% vote!) and discard any facts that don't fit the narrative of the jack booted cops terrorizing black youths, (As if that is within 10 miles of reality)

    That said, I think the cop is going to have a hard time justifying six shots.
    Which, of those six shots, was not justified?
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #236
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,005

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Holder resigned just in time. Coincidence?
    Gives him more time to join the protestors in the event Wilson doesn't get charged with anything.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  7. #237
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:19 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,566

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Which, of those six shots, was not justified?
    If you shot a guy a couple times, I would think you would stop .

  8. #238
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by KLATTU View Post
    If you shot a guy a couple times, I would think you would stop .
    Adrenaline
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #239
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    What you are saying is pure opinion, the 'forensics' don't claim the suspect was coming back at the police officer, you make that leap.
    Thats not entirely accurate according the Washington Post's source.

    In interviews with The Post, sources said blood spatter evidence shows that Brown was heading toward the officer during their faceoff, but analysis of the evidence did not reveal how fast Brown was moving.

    Evidence supports officer

  10. #240
    Sage
    gdgyva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Twinsburg Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    5,940

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    What you are saying is pure opinion, the 'forensics' don't claim the suspect was coming back at the police officer, you make that leap.

    The childish point was all yours, you attempt to turn a surrender into a threat. Might as well claim once a citizen gets into a struggle with LE, the attacker is a threat as long as he breathes.

    Actually I helped train Reserve Officers where the presentation of their firearm to use deadly force taught you keep focused on the suspect and not the front sight (be surprised how many look at the front sight and watch it onto COM) If the suspect surrenders while you are raising your pistol, you don't get a free pass to shoot him anyway.

    No you use your typical CON game... NO WHERE did I say a cop MUST risk his life when confronting a dangerous suspect, am saying a cop can't dump a mag at someone out of fear/anger. Bit of a difference.

    There is a rule we call the 21 foot rule. It is simple, if a perp is rushing you and is within 21 feet of you. contact will be made, even if you have your weapon out. What struck me as not jibing with the rather trite, "he came at me (after I had already shot him and he had retreated) and I feared for my life" is how many rounds the cop managed to put into Brown while Brown was coming at him.

    As far as your attempt to bring TV into this... IF I ever watch cop shows it is to laugh at the rather silly leaps of 'science' the shows make in presenting evidence.

    Nice try but it just don't fly...

    when a suspect surrenders, the FIRST thing the officer always does is get them to ground....yes?

    put them on their belly with arms out to the side.....yes?

    someone still coming forward is not in a "surrendering mode"

    i dont know what was going through Browns mind, nor can anyone else

    i also dont know what was going through Wilsons mind, but him thinking Brown was surrendering probably wasnt one of them

    Large men who have already confronted an officer, and continuing toward same said officer, instead of going to ground, = big mistake on that persons part

    that is how i see this right now.....i think it is that simple......
    “Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one's own sunshine.”

    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •