Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 257

Thread: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

  1. #221
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Yesterday.
    And? Did you hear about the interview before he posted it?

    Within the rules of the forum he could start it's own topic in the Breaking news section.
    Because yesterday still qualifies as breaking.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #222
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And? Did you hear about the interview before he posted it?
    He didn't post it, he gave a second hand summary of it. It wasn't a breaking news story on the usual local media sites when he posted. That's why I asked for a link.

    Are we all done now?

  3. #223
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    He didn't post it, he gave a second hand summary of it. It wasn't a breaking news story on the usual local media sites when he posted. That's why I asked for a link.

    Are we all done now?
    Holy ****. You are deflecting again.
    Yeah he did post it.
    And you hadn't heard of it prior to that.
    And the information provided is considered breaking.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-21-14 at 11:19 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #224
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Yesterday.
    Which is still very recently.. Or "just". Shrug.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mecca
    Last Seen
    01-14-15 @ 07:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,426

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Doesn't the fact that Brown's hands were up indicate that it was manslaughter, as opposed to justifiable?
    Hell no. If still has his hands up, he's still a threat.

    The angle of the bullet wounds indicate that he was charging.
    Last edited by Muhammed; 10-22-14 at 12:36 AM.

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,620

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Muhammed View Post
    Hell no. If still has his hands up, he's still a threat. The angle of the bullet wounds indicate that he was charging.
    To use your 'logic' as long as a suspect draws breath he/she is a 'threat'...

    Problem with eyewitnesses is they think they saw it all when most times they didn't. Doesn't make 'em liars as some others attempt to crackle. it merely means they missed the beginning. What caused me pause is the officer shot the suspect multiple times once the suspect was off of him. I doubt the officer is charged, but once a suspect who doesn't have a deadly weapon stops MOST LE training says the use of deadly force is over.

    I'd say only on a TV show could someone say the angle means much more than standing, kneeling or laying down. It would be an opinion at best.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,062

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Holder resigned just in time. Coincidence?

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    As predicted, more leaks:

    Missouri police officer's full account of why he shot dead unarmed teen Michael Brown has been revealed for the first time -
    Ferguson cop Darren Wilson's FULL version of why he shot Michael Brown | Daily Mail Online

    A separate leaked autopsy report also appears to show Brown had marijuana in his system when he was shot. The police also say Brown had marijuana on him at the time.
    The statement said Wilson then noticed that they were carrying cigarillos, and that Johnson looked like a man described in recent radio alerts as a suspect in a convenience store theft in which 'blunts' were taken.
    The police officer then said he parked his Chevrolet SUV, and called for assistance. But, he claims, as he tried to get out he was met with a punch in the face from Brown, who allegedly struck through the car's open window.
    Etc

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    The truth will come out but more and more this is looking like a trayvon martin case-they paint the perpetrator as a saint when they aren't. Im leaning towards the police officers story from what Ive read from numerous sources since this case was publicized.

  10. #230
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    To use your 'logic' as long as a suspect draws breath he/she is a 'threat'...

    That really is not only a childish way to open your point, but a lie as well.

    Problem with eyewitnesses is they think they saw it all when most times they didn't.
    That is absolutely true...And a major reason why "eyewitness testimony" in court is the most unreliable there is...

    Doesn't make 'em liars as some others attempt to crackle.
    No, it doesn't make them liars, what does that is when the forensics proves that their story is not true, and they continue with it anyway...THEN they become liars.

    it merely means they missed the beginning.
    Not always...There are many reasons that a story can be different than the facts...

    What caused me pause is the officer shot the suspect multiple times once the suspect was off of him.
    *Sigh* Considering the struggle that had just happened inside the Officer's SUV, including the struggle for the gun, the officer has a duty to arrest Brown. He gets out and orders Brown to stop, and Brown stops, turns, and starts to taunt Wilson, saying "What!, You gonna shoot me....?!" and starts approaching Wilson again. Wilson facing a man twice his size, whom had just assaulted him in the SUV, knows he would absolutely lose another altercation, and orders Brown to "STOP"! Brown takes another step and get's shot....

    Lesson here, don't assault the police and try to take their gun, then menace them further and think that you'll not have anything bad happen.

    I doubt the officer is charged, but once a suspect who doesn't have a deadly weapon stops MOST LE training says the use of deadly force is over.
    I wan't you to now back this bull **** up...Give us any training manual that states that an officer must put themselves at risk of bodily harm, or death, because a suspect stops kicking their ass, and then resumes menacing behavior....

    I'd say only on a TV show could someone say the angle means much more than standing, kneeling or laying down. It would be an opinion at best.
    And I'd say that a TV show is where you must have come up with your blather of Wilson should have let Brown approach him again without firing until the suspect is subdued...Because only on the TV will you see a cop try and reason with a suspect that just tried to take their gun and kill them.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •