Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 257

Thread: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

  1. #191
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Thank you. I am wondering about the presence of PCP.
    You can bet your life that you would have already heard about it...Brown that is.

  2. #192
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    You haven't pointed out any flaws in my interpretation.


    Funny that you think you have.
    I just caught your underline of the word "my." Please enlighten me to what respectable mainstream news outlet referred to Dorian Johnson as Brown's "criminal cohort." Can you please provide a link to your source?

  3. #193
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    You can bet your life that you would have already heard about it...Brown that is.
    You do not know that.

    Btw, still waiting on you to point out these flaws in interpretation that you absurdly claim.


    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    I just caught your underline of the word "my." Please enlighten me to what respectable mainstream news outlet referred to Dorian Johnson as Brown's "criminal cohort." Can you please provide a link to your source?
    I see you didn't follow the provided link. D'oh!
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #194
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You do not know that.

    Btw, still waiting on you to point out these flaws in interpretation that you absurdly claim.



    I see you didn't follow the provided link. D'oh!
    No I didn't, my bad.

  5. #195
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You do not know that.

    Btw, still waiting on you to point out these flaws in interpretation that you absurdly claim.



    I see you didn't follow the provided link. D'oh!
    The flaw in the interpretation is the implication that the witness claimed that Brown resumed voluntary motion towards Wilson after he was shot (and started stumbling while putting his hands in the air).

  6. #196
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    The flaw in the interpretation is the implication that the witness claimed that Brown resumed voluntary motion towards Wilson after he was shot (and started stumbling while putting his hands in the air).

    That is a witnesses account. Not an assumption.

    Brown was moving forward and continued to do so.
    The witness was in disbelief and thought that the Officer was missing him because Brown kept moving forward.
    Or did you forget about the taped witness in the parking lot?

    In regardfs to this witness.

    As reported.
    A black witness who claims to have seen the killing of Mike Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson “from start to finish” and who also purports to have just completed testifying in front of the Grand Jury, has subsequently been interviewed by the local St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper (on condition of anonymity).

    Key facets of his testimony to the grand jury, as he recounts it, include:

    • Officer Wilson did not fire while Brown was moving away form him, but only when Brown turned back towards him.
    • Brown motioned with his arms out to his sides, but never raised them high.
    • Brown continued to advance on Wilson despite repeated orders to stop.
    • When Wilson fired his last rounds Brown was only ~20 feet away (those of you familiar with the Tueller drill understand the tactical implications of that distance, although this witness almost certainly did not).
    • Brown’s friend and criminal cohort Dorian Johnson took off running when the first round was fired inside Wilson’s police vehicle (thus casting further doubt on his testimony of later events, as if further doubt was needed).
    • He saw a struggle inside the patrol car, and saw Wilson’s hat fly off.
    • A shot was heard, at which point Brown ran, followed by Wilson (thus measurements of Brown’s body from Wilson’s vehicle are not likely representative of the distance between the men when Wilson fired).
    • Wilson, gun drawn, shouted repeatedly at Brown to stop his flight.
    • Brown stopped, mumbled something inaudible, and began advancing on Wilson, despite Wilson having his gun in hand.
    • Wilson again ordered Brown to stop, and fired three shots.
    • Brown staggered, apparently from being struck by one or more rounds, then continued to advance on Wilson.
    • Wilson fired four more rounds, the last of which discharged as Brown was falling.


    Remarkably, after having provided this testimony, the witness is quoted in the interview as saying “He was already on his way down when he fired those last shots. What transpired to us, in my eyesight, was murder. Down outright murder.”


    Ferguson | Mike Brown |Grand Jury Testimony


    The comment about staggering is an assumption, continuing to move forward is not, nor is it a resumption as you claim/assume.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-21-14 at 08:03 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #197
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    That is a witnesses account. Not an assumption.

    Brown was moving forward and continued to do so.
    The witness was in disbelief and thought that the Officer was missing him because Brown kept moving forward.
    Or did you forget about the taped witness in the parking lot?

    In regardfs to this witness.

    As reported.
    A black witness who claims to have seen the killing of Mike Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson “from start to finish” and who also purports to have just completed testifying in front of the Grand Jury, has subsequently been interviewed by the local St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper (on condition of anonymity).

    Key facets of his testimony to the grand jury, as he recounts it, include:

    • Officer Wilson did not fire while Brown was moving away form him, but only when Brown turned back towards him.
    • Brown motioned with his arms out to his sides, but never raised them high.
    • Brown continued to advance on Wilson despite repeated orders to stop.
    • When Wilson fired his last rounds Brown was only ~20 feet away (those of you familiar with the Tueller drill understand the tactical implications of that distance, although this witness almost certainly did not).
    • Brown’s friend and criminal cohort Dorian Johnson took off running when the first round was fired inside Wilson’s police vehicle (thus casting further doubt on his testimony of later events, as if further doubt was needed).
    • He saw a struggle inside the patrol car, and saw Wilson’s hat fly off.
    • A shot was heard, at which point Brown ran, followed by Wilson (thus measurements of Brown’s body from Wilson’s vehicle are not likely representative of the distance between the men when Wilson fired).
    • Wilson, gun drawn, shouted repeatedly at Brown to stop his flight.
    • Brown stopped, mumbled something inaudible, and began advancing on Wilson, despite Wilson having his gun in hand.
    • Wilson again ordered Brown to stop, and fired three shots.
    • Brown staggered, apparently from being struck by one or more rounds, then continued to advance on Wilson.
    • Wilson fired four more rounds, the last of which discharged as Brown was falling.


    Remarkably, after having provided this testimony, the witness is quoted in the interview as saying “He was already on his way down when he fired those last shots. What transpired to us, in my eyesight, was murder. Down outright murder.”


    Ferguson | Mike Brown |Grand Jury Testimony


    The comment about staggering is an assumption, continuing to move forward is not, nor is it a resumption as you claim/assume.
    That is not as reported. As reported was as reported by Christine Byers of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch who actually interviewed the witness. I already posted a link to the source article. Your link is just some hack re-report with added spin.

    And the problem with your "video witness" (besides the fact that we can't ask him any clarifying questions, and the minor detail that we couldn't even clearly hear everything he said)? He could be the same person as this latest witness, or Michael Brady, or Philip Walker, or James McKnight, or so on.

  8. #198
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    That is a witnesses account. Not an assumption.

    Brown was moving forward and continued to do so.
    The witness was in disbelief and thought that the Officer was missing him because Brown kept moving forward.
    Or did you forget about the taped witness in the parking lot?

    In regardfs to this witness.

    As reported.
    A black witness who claims to have seen the killing of Mike Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson “from start to finish” and who also purports to have just completed testifying in front of the Grand Jury, has subsequently been interviewed by the local St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper (on condition of anonymity).

    Key facets of his testimony to the grand jury, as he recounts it, include:

    • Officer Wilson did not fire while Brown was moving away form him, but only when Brown turned back towards him.
    • Brown motioned with his arms out to his sides, but never raised them high.
    • Brown continued to advance on Wilson despite repeated orders to stop.
    • When Wilson fired his last rounds Brown was only ~20 feet away (those of you familiar with the Tueller drill understand the tactical implications of that distance, although this witness almost certainly did not).
    • Brown’s friend and criminal cohort Dorian Johnson took off running when the first round was fired inside Wilson’s police vehicle (thus casting further doubt on his testimony of later events, as if further doubt was needed).
    • He saw a struggle inside the patrol car, and saw Wilson’s hat fly off.
    • A shot was heard, at which point Brown ran, followed by Wilson (thus measurements of Brown’s body from Wilson’s vehicle are not likely representative of the distance between the men when Wilson fired).
    • Wilson, gun drawn, shouted repeatedly at Brown to stop his flight.
    • Brown stopped, mumbled something inaudible, and began advancing on Wilson, despite Wilson having his gun in hand.
    • Wilson again ordered Brown to stop, and fired three shots.
    • Brown staggered, apparently from being struck by one or more rounds, then continued to advance on Wilson.
    • Wilson fired four more rounds, the last of which discharged as Brown was falling.


    Remarkably, after having provided this testimony, the witness is quoted in the interview as saying “He was already on his way down when he fired those last shots. What transpired to us, in my eyesight, was murder. Down outright murder.”


    Ferguson | Mike Brown |Grand Jury Testimony


    The comment about staggering is an assumption, continuing to move forward is not, nor is it a resumption as you claim/assume.
    Where's the part where Brown's blood was found on the gun and in the car? That's a pretty big piece of evidence to not list, no? As far as I know, the there was no blood from the officer found in the car. Interesting.
    “No men are anywhere, and I’m allowed to go in, because I’m the owner of the pageant and therefore I’m inspecting it,” Trump said... “‘Is everyone OK’? You know, they’re standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody OK?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.”

  9. #199
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    That is not as reported.
    Oy vey. Yes that is as reported.
    Maybe you just do not understand the term.


    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    As reported was as reported by Christine Byers of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch who actually interviewed the witness. I already posted a link to the source article.
    And a link to it, and credit given, was in the report I provided. As reported.
    Long before you provided anything. My providing it again, before you provided yours, was just a repeat. So the information was already known.


    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Your link is just some hack re-report with added spin.

    Legal Insurrection and the author Andrew Brancaare are neither hacks.
    Added spin? There was no spin in what was provided.


    None of the bullet points reported in what I provided were different from the information provided at the source. Duh!

    So back to you being wrong.
    Which you didn't address.

    In regards to this witness.

    As reported.
    A black witness who claims to have seen the killing of Mike Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson “from start to finish” and who also purports to have just completed testifying in front of the Grand Jury, has subsequently been interviewed by the local St. Louis Post-Dispatch newspaper (on condition of anonymity).

    Key facets of his testimony to the grand jury, as he recounts it, include:

    • Officer Wilson did not fire while Brown was moving away form him, but only when Brown turned back towards him.
    • Brown motioned with his arms out to his sides, but never raised them high.
    • Brown continued to advance on Wilson despite repeated orders to stop.
    • When Wilson fired his last rounds Brown was only ~20 feet away (those of you familiar with the Tueller drill understand the tactical implications of that distance, although this witness almost certainly did not).
    • Brown’s friend and criminal cohort Dorian Johnson took off running when the first round was fired inside Wilson’s police vehicle (thus casting further doubt on his testimony of later events, as if further doubt was needed).
    • He saw a struggle inside the patrol car, and saw Wilson’s hat fly off.
    • A shot was heard, at which point Brown ran, followed by Wilson (thus measurements of Brown’s body from Wilson’s vehicle are not likely representative of the distance between the men when Wilson fired).
    • Wilson, gun drawn, shouted repeatedly at Brown to stop his flight.
    • Brown stopped, mumbled something inaudible, and began advancing on Wilson, despite Wilson having his gun in hand.
    • Wilson again ordered Brown to stop, and fired three shots.
    • Brown staggered, apparently from being struck by one or more rounds, then continued to advance on Wilson.
    • Wilson fired four more rounds, the last of which discharged as Brown was falling.


    Remarkably, after having provided this testimony, the witness is quoted in the interview as saying “He was already on his way down when he fired those last shots. What transpired to us, in my eyesight, was murder. Down outright murder.”


    Ferguson | Mike Brown |Grand Jury Testimony


    The comment about staggering is an assumption, continuing to move forward is not, nor is it a resumption as you claim/assume.

    Continuing is a continuous movement. Resumption implies a stop and then a resumption of moving forward, which is an assumption on your part.


    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    And the problem with your "video witness" (besides the fact that we can't ask him any clarifying questions, and the minor detail that we couldn't even clearly hear everything he said)? He could be the same person as this latest witness, or Michael Brady, or Philip Walker, or James McKnight, or so on.
    There is no problem with tast witness.
    What may be unclear to you has no impact on his account of Brown continuing to moving forward while be shot at, or his claimed astonishment by it.
    Nor does the possibility of him being any of those you proffer have any effect on what he has already said.
    The fact that this person is anonymous to us matter not one bit to what he said.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #200
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Where's the part where Brown's blood was found on the gun and in the car? That's a pretty big piece of evidence to not list, no? As far as I know, the there was no blood from the officer found in the car. Interesting.

    What you quoted from me, is the account from one witness. Which has nothing to do with what you ask.

    What you ask though, was provided in the first post of this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT, MATT APUZZO and JULIE BOSMANOCT. 17, 2014

    WASHINGTON — The police officer who fatally shot Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo., two months ago has told investigators that he was pinned in his vehicle and in fear for his life as he struggled over his gun with Mr. Brown, according to government officials briefed on the federal civil rights investigation into the matter.

    The officer, Darren Wilson, has told the authorities that during the scuffle, Mr. Brown reached for the gun. It was fired twice in the car, according to forensics tests performed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The first bullet struck Mr. Brown in the arm; the second bullet missed.

    The forensics tests showed Mr. Brown’s blood on the gun, as well as on the interior door panel and on Officer Wilson’s uniform. Officer Wilson told the authorities that Mr. Brown had punched and scratched him repeatedly, leaving swelling on his face and cuts on his neck.

    This is the first public account of Officer Wilson’s testimony to investigators, but it does not explain why, after he emerged from his vehicle, he fired at Mr. Brown multiple times. It contradicts some witness accounts, and it will not calm those who have been demanding to know why an unarmed man was shot a total of six times. Mr. Brown’s death continues to fuel anger and sometimes-violent protests.


    [...]

    Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle


    The false narrative continues to fall apart while the lying witnesses become exposed for what they truly are
    .
    Last edited by Excon; 10-21-14 at 08:49 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •