Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 257

Thread: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

  1. #151
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 08:10 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,386

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    The source was the police.
    It was the Assistant (Police) Chief who took him to the hospital.
    Nah. The news reports whatever they want. Come on. You know this. They don't even try to confirm the stories.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #152
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Nah. The news reports whatever they want. Come on. You know this. They don't even try to confirm the stories.

    We know things are gotten wrong all the time. Which is usually confirmed at a later point in time. Not so here.
    In this case, it was what the police stated.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #153
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    It really adds a certain something to the discussion when you play criminologist, psychiatrist, attorney, otolaryngologist, and conspiracy theorist all in the same post.
    Said the one who believes incredible accounts.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #154
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,546

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No Black Dog, we (as in, you and I) are not. We are talking about a false assertion made by you because you did not know the evidence.


    And this latest comment by you just confirms your dishonestly in deflecting from being wrong in what you said and to what was actually being discussed.
    First of all the basis of what was being discussed is irrelevant to your false statement.
    Secondly, you don't even have that right.
    In regards to your false assertion, what you now say is betrayed by your own word usage and what you provided in support of your assertion.
    It shows that you were not speaking to the "initial" engagement by Officer Wilson. It also shows that you didn't even know there were two separate engagements. So stop trying to obfuscate the fact that you were wrong.

    What you said was;
    That story (about the robbery) never got around because it had absolutely nothing at all to do with his arrest or shooting, at all.
    That is a false statement because the contact you spoke about was the second engagement of "arrest" (which specifically was what you were speaking about) and it had every thing to do with the robbery and his eventually being shot.
    And even though you were corrected, you still clung to your false assertion by providing an incorrect report/headline.


    The Chief never said any such thing. He said the initial contact had nothing to do with the robbery or the shooting.
    It was the subsequent contact which did. You know, after he disengaged and drove off, he became aware of them fitting the description of those who robbed the store, so he reversed his vehicle and reengaged Brown and Johnson.
    This contact had everything to do with the robbery and lead to the shooting.

    And even though it was pointed out to you what the Chief actually said, and that he never said what the report you provided indicated, you again falsely state that is what the Chief said. D'oh!

    No, we are not talking about why it was not reported right off, especially as it was. It is why folks like you have glommed on to the false report of what the Chief really didn't say. Because the Robbery was known and reported on.

    So to what was originally being spoken about. Which you also got wrong, and were wrong in what you said.

    Said the partisan hack.

    As this is what was originally being spoken about in that exchange, you are wrong again. There is, and was no equivalency between the two.
    "Thug" did not come into play until Brown's actions as a thug were known.
    And his involvement in the robbery was known before the store video was released by the Police and before the riots/protests.
    So you are just speaking nonsense, as usual.
    Yeah, the knee jerking belongs to you as well as the rioters.
    Hey guess what...

    I did not read this block of text and neither will most here. It is just the same old.

    This is how little most of us care about your arguments, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #155
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Hey guess what...

    I did not read this block of text and neither will most here. It is just the same old.

    This is how little most of us care about your arguments, lol.

    Just more deflection from the person already shown, to lack knowledge of the evidence, as well as to be untruthful.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-21-14 at 11:22 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #156
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Posts
    230

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Just more deflection from the person already shown, to lack knowledge of the evidence, as well as to be untruthful.
    Your use of commas in lieu of information, reliable sources and common sense is almost as impressive as your comparable use of emoticons.

    No Excon, you are wrong and the facts, say so.

    I remember now why I said I wouldn't engage you, shame on me. You bring nothing to the discussion but your own confirmation bias.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by JC_CT View Post
    Your use of commas in lieu of information, reliable sources and common sense is almost as impressive as your comparable use of emoticons.

    No Excon, you are wrong and the facts, say so.

    I remember now why I said I wouldn't engage you, shame on me. You bring nothing to the discussion but your own confirmation bias.

    Said the one who believes in incredible accounts.
    No, the evidence doesn't show I am wrong.
    It shows what you believed is nonsense, and yorr own bias wont allow you to see that.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #158
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,546

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Just more deflection from the person already shown, to lack knowledge of the evidence, as well as to be untruthful.
    Coming from you I will take that as a compliment because pretty much everything you post is the opposite of right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #159
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    Coming from you I will take that as a compliment because pretty much everything you post is the opposite of right.

    I see you are speaking of yourself again. Figures.
    Just more deflection from the person already shown, to lack knowledge of the evidence, as well as to be untruthful.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #160
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Police Officer in Ferguson Is Said to Recount a Struggle

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    If it can be proven that the officer's gun was fired within the confines of his squad car? Game.Over.
    Not necessarily

    Mr. Johnson has said that Officer Wilson was the aggressor, backing up his vehicle and opening the door, which hit Mr. Johnson and Mr. Brown and then bounced back.

    “He just reached his arm out the window and grabbed my friend around his neck, and he was trying to choke my friend,” Mr. Johnson told reporters after the shooting. “He was trying to get away, and the officer then reached out and grabbed his arm to pull him inside the car.”

    “In the same moment, the first shot went off,” he said. “We looked at him. He was shot. There was blood coming from him. And we took off running.””

    The one thing that is the common denominator here. Both stories agreed that there was shots fired by the door. Blood on the gun can correlate to both stories. Like I said for the 15,00 times, people need to chill on both sides and wait for everything to come out. I personally believe that this guy will get off even before the forensic reports. Cops are never found guilty. Epecially when it involves blacks.

    That is not my opinion, that is fact.
    Last edited by rcart76; 10-21-14 at 02:00 PM.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If you don't want your tax dollars to help the poor, then stop saying you want a country based on Christian values, because you don't." Jimmy Carter

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •