Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

  1. #21
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Its the weekly standard. Why would anyone want to?
    Don't read this one either, you might have to accept reality.

    Spanish Flu Pandemic That Killed Millions in 1918
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  2. #22
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'




    The time for us to take this seriously is running out.
    War Against Disease!

    The time to grow up and act rationally is running out. If we Chicken Little this, we'll just end up in a worse spot...like every other time we act like a gaggle of spineless Chicken Littles.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #23
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    War Against Disease!

    The time to grow up and act rationally is running out. If we Chicken Little this, we'll just end up in a worse spot...like every other time we act like a gaggle of spineless Chicken Littles.
    It's probably already too late. Give it two 21 day cycles and let's see how many known sick people there are. If it's a few or none, then GREAT! If it's in the ten's or more, I bet I won't hear from you?
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  4. #24
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    It's probably already too late. Give it two 21 day cycles and let's see how many known sick people there are. If it's a few or none, then GREAT! If it's in the ten's or more, I bet I won't hear from you?
    If it's 10's or more, I will still not be freaking out. I'm freaking out more about the fact that the UK got a limited edition Halo Master Chief Collection option while America did not. I need that metal tin, god damned it!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #25
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    If it's 10's or more, I will still not be freaking out. I'm freaking out more about the fact that the UK got a limited edition Halo Master Chief Collection option while America did not. I need that metal tin, god damned it!
    If it gets into the ten's with the effort they're now applying, you'll be crapping your pants when it hits thousands a few months later.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Well back in the day when you had a child catch chickenpox and mumps and the like, other parents brought their kid to your house to sit with your kid. The ideology was that they wanted it over with because they knew you could only really catch it once. Kind of a sidebar I know but and interesting fact nonetheless.
    BS, never did anyone come over when others had chicken pox.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    If it gets into the ten's with the effort they're now applying, you'll be crapping your pants when it hits thousands a few months later.
    Sure won't. Even at thousands, it doesn't significantly raise my probability of death; less it were extremely geographically isolated. I guarantee you, it hits 1000's, I'm still playing Halo.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #28
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Sure won't. Even at thousands, it doesn't significantly raise my probability of death; less it were extremely geographically isolated. I guarantee you, it hits 1000's, I'm still playing Halo.
    You're not getting it, at even just thousands it will overrun the health system and freak people out. Do you know what it takes to keep only a few people, per hospital, properly quarantined and cared for? The Markets will panic and the financial system compromised. Look at what's happening with hardly nothing happening.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

  9. #29
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by grip View Post
    You're not getting it, at even just thousands it will overrun the health system and freak people out. Do you know what it takes to keep just a few people, per hospital, properly quarantined and cared for? The Markets will panic and the financial system compromised. Look at what's happening with hardly nothing happening.
    Oh, I'm sure people will freak out, but they'll be freaking out about nothing. So long as we stir the hysteria pot, we put ourselves in needless risk.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #30
    Light△Bender

    grip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ☚ ☛
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 04:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,186
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Red Cross president: 'The Ebola crisis will grow'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Oh, I'm sure people will freak out, but they'll be freaking out about nothing. So long as we stir the hysteria pot, we put ourselves in needless risk.
    If we do everything possible now, we'll be lucky to not die in the thousands or more. And if I panic now before it's too late, maybe it'll either have some good impact or desensitize people to it later.
    Einstein, "science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •