Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 302

Thread: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of Ebo

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    And your 'ideologies history' is lynching black people and herding Jews into gas chambers. Grow up.
    Au Contraire, My Friend.

    It was the National Socialists who created the Holocaust and it is still the Left today who is most critical of Jews, Israel, Americans and Christians. The Left's response to 9/11 was telling as well, if you care to read what they had to say, and it is Leftists who are always on the forefront of those who Blame America First.

    And of course it was the Democrats who were doing the lynching.

  2. #262
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    And your 'ideologies history' is lynching black people and herding Jews into gas chambers. Grow up.
    I don't think US Conservative is a Democrat. You must be thinking of someone else.

  3. #263
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Au Contraire, My Friend.

    It was the National Socialists who created the Holocaust and it is still the Left today who is most critical of Jews, Israel, Americans and Christians. The Left's response to 9/11 was telling as well, if you care to read what they had to say, and it is Leftists who are always on the forefront of those who Blame America First.

    And of course it was the Democrats who were doing the lynching.
    Where to begin, oh where to begin...First of all, Hitler was a right wing phenomena - not a leftist. the first people Hitler threw in concentration camps were the Socialists (the real ones) and the labor union leaders. He was in bed with the wealthy far right German industrialists from day one. I know you folks on the Right like to paint him as a lefty, but he actually killed more left wing people than anybody else in history.

    And you know, of course, that Southern Democrats were conservatives and northern Republicans were liberal. That was before you guys adopted your Southern strategy to capture the 'negrophobe vote' (Lee Atwater's words, not mine).

    And hell, I didn't even mention the Spanish Inquisition and all of the Religious wars you folks on the Right have found so wonderful. It's still going on in the Middle east, where your right wing Islamists are beheading folks who don't agree with them.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #264
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I don't think US Conservative is a Democrat. You must be thinking of someone else.
    This may come as a big shock to you, but the folks doing the lynching were not liberals. They were right wing racists. You can find their ideological successors today in the Far Right of the Republican Party. You see, right after Harry Truman desegregated the armed forces, the Dixiecrats were formed and they actually ran a candidate for President - the beloved Strom Thurmond. They they decided, after Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, to become Republicans. Oh hell, what's the point - read a frickin' history book.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  5. #265
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    This may come as a big shock to you, but the folks doing the lynching were not liberals. They were right wing racists. You can find their ideological successors today in the Far Right of the Republican Party. You see, right after Harry Truman desegregated the armed forces, the Dixiecrats were formed and they actually ran a candidate for President - the beloved Strom Thurmond. They they decided, after Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act, to become Republicans. Oh hell, what's the point - read a frickin' history book.
    I didn't say they were liberals, I said they were Democrats, an irrefutable fact.

  6. #266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Where to begin, oh where to begin...First of all, Hitler was a right wing phenomena - not a leftist. the first people Hitler threw in concentration camps were the Socialists (the real ones) and the labor union leaders. He was in bed with the wealthy far right German industrialists from day one. I know you folks on the Right like to paint him as a lefty, but he actually killed more left wing people than anybody else in history.
    Hitler killed all types of people. Whether or not he was sincere socialist or not is anther matter, but that's the party he belonged to and apparently identified with. There is nothing to indicate he was 'right wing' apart from the idea that anything evil in the world must be done by those who are 'right wing'. Would you say that Stalin and the Communist Party were 'right wing' also? Or the Italian Fascists?
    And you know, of course, that Southern Democrats were conservatives and northern Republicans were liberal. That was before you guys adopted your Southern strategy to capture the 'negrophobe vote' (Lee Atwater's words, not mine).
    Rather than an unelected Lee Atwater why not try Lyndon Johnson instead? Democrat President Lyndon Johnson Explains How His Phony ‘War On Poverty’ Is Really A Slavemaster’s Con: ‘I’ll Have Those Niggers Voting Democratic For The Next 200 Years’ « Pat Dollard

    I really don't think you understand what 'Conservative" means or who actually fought for the freedom of slaves, and who continues to fight for justice in the world. It is not "liberals" or "the left", but instead those Conservatives who believe that all men are created equal and, unlike "Progressives" want to conserve the ideas and rights that mankind has fought so hard to win over the centuries.

    And hell, I didn't even mention the Spanish Inquisition and all of the Religious wars you folks on the Right have found so wonderful. It's still going on in the Middle east, where your right wing Islamists are beheading folks who don't agree with them.
    Go ahead and mention atrocities which occurred centuries ago if you want to make Christians look bad. Others certainly don't have to go that far back to expose Leftists. And it is the Leftists, by the way, who are first too cry "Islamophobia" whenever criticism of Muslims are raised and who also tend to be silent on the issues of women's rights in Islam.

  7. #267
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,794

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Hitler killed all types of people. Whether or not he was sincere socialist or not is anther matter, but that's the party he belonged to and apparently identified with. There is nothing to indicate he was 'right wing' apart from the idea that anything evil in the world must be done by those who are 'right wing'. Would you say that Stalin and the Communist Party were 'right wing' also? Or the Italian Fascists?
    Whatever Hitler was, it sure as hell is nothing like a modern day liberal, or a modern day conservative. It's why Godwin's Law is a good rule of thumb - whoever brings up Hitler or Nazi Germany loses the debate.

    Rather than an unelected Lee Atwater why not try Lyndon Johnson instead? Democrat President Lyndon Johnson Explains How His Phony ‘War On Poverty’ Is Really A Slavemaster’s Con: ‘I’ll Have Those Niggers Voting Democratic For The Next 200 Years’ « Pat Dollard

    I really don't think you understand what 'Conservative" means or who actually fought for the freedom of slaves, and who continues to fight for justice in the world. It is not "liberals" or "the left", but instead those Conservatives who believe that all men are created equal and, unlike "Progressives" want to conserve the ideas and rights that mankind has fought so hard to win over the centuries.
    I'm not going to defend LBJ - his record is obviously mixed, but he pushed and signed the CRA and VRA, and that's to his credit where the rubber meets the road.

    And the fact is both parties at that time supported equal rights for blacks - the exception was white racist Southerners in the former CSA, and no one would confuse those guys with liberals. But what you can't do is pretend that the liberal enclaves in America then or now weren't large supporters of the Civil Rights movement. Outside the South, nearly every legislator, liberal or conservative, voted for the civil rights legislation and supported it. It really was a regional thing, and a sad and enduring stain on my part of the country.

  8. #268
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    I didn't say they were liberals, I said they were Democrats, an irrefutable fact.
    And those arguing for an all powerful Federal Government were Republicans. So what? The issue is Liberal versus Conservative, and you folks on the Right persist in blaming Liberals for racist southern Democrats because it's all you have.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #269
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Whatever Hitler was, it sure as hell is nothing like a modern day liberal, or a modern day conservative. It's why Godwin's Law is a good rule of thumb - whoever brings up Hitler or Nazi Germany loses the debate.



    I'm not going to defend LBJ - his record is obviously mixed, but he pushed and signed the CRA and VRA, and that's to his credit where the rubber meets the road.

    And the fact is both parties at that time supported equal rights for blacks - the exception was white racist Southerners in the former CSA, and no one would confuse those guys with liberals. But what you can't do is pretend that the liberal enclaves in America then or now weren't large supporters of the Civil Rights movement. Outside the South, nearly every legislator, liberal or conservative, voted for the civil rights legislation and supported it. It really was a regional thing, and a sad and enduring stain on my part of the country.
    In point of fact, the Civil Rights movement came into being because of Liberals. The Freedom Riders were Liberals. The Civil rights workers murdered in Philadelphia, Mississippi in 1964 were Liberals, the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act were both passed by Liberals of both Parties, over the objections of Conservatives like Southern Democrats and people like Ronald Reagan.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  10. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    No leftists identify with the leftists before them, just as it's the Republicans who are the historical racists. They genuinely believe that their ideas are new and untried and "Progressive". You can usually recognize these people by their one-line thinking, much like the bumper stickers on their cars or any of their simple-minded posters and slogans.

    Leftists once had 're-education camps' where they would try to brainwash others to see the errors in their thinking. Now we just call it a campus.
    Indeed, hollywood, the media, and academia do all the programming these days.

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •