Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 302

Thread: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of Ebo

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    In other words, you dont know, dont want to know, and will just make up the stuff you dont know in your head and go with it.

    Typical.
    In other words, you have none, and have rightly decided not to say as much.

  2. #162
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,644

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    You should save this post and give it a common-sense rightie who hasn't gone off the Abyss at the Grand Canyon.
    Though I'm glad you have it out there for me to read.

    I'm well aware that pharmacists are the most important rung on the medical food-chain.
    Especially compared to all of our foreign-born med-dispensing doctors getting kickbacks--and I have a real-life Mom who went through that.

    That's why I was successful in convincing my Chemistry students to double-Doctorate in Pharmacy and Medicine .
    Its a rung, like any other. Having specialized knowledge in the usage and delivery of medications is pretty useful in todays' medicine. But as a profession, pharmacists are woefully underutilized, and thats mostly because of the power of retail chains and the fear of litigation.

    And since we are now officially OT, I can tell you that my training was more extensive than most typical PharmDs, with a two year intensive residency with a special focus on emergency medicine, pharmacokinetics and toxicology (I was on call overnight in house Q 5 days, called by necessity on every overdose, drug level drawn... we did alot of theophylline toxicity in those days, and code, and any other bizarre drug case we had in the hospital). I then went on in a clinical faculty role with teaching and research in a variety of areas - Neuro, Ortho, ID, internal medicine, some oncology. I've taught NPs, PAs, Medical students/residents, dental students and, of course, PharmD students. I moved to industry to work on clinical trials and education over a decade ago, and use my clinical training on a daily basis. That all being said... Pharmacy is a tough profession right now. There is an oversaturation because of a gigantic boom in schools. I advised my kids to avoid it.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #163
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    If YOU say so....
    I do, as a logical human being.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #164
    Guru
    Kurmugeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,881

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Ebola is not contagious until you are symptomatic. They didn't have a fever, they were fine. You'd be fine having sex with them. This is nothing but fear mongering with a touch of partisan hackery added to the recipe.
    Another Leftie who is supremely confident that they are immune to Ebola..... Why?
    Hope and Prayer are integrally linked, never underestimate or undervalue, the power of either! - Kurmugeon
    I do NOT trust people who do not Love Dogs! - Kurmugeon
    Obama Administration Lefties, Innocent after having been proven guilty as sin! - Kurmugeon

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Ebola is not contagious until you are symptomatic. They didn't have a fever, they were fine. You'd be fine having sex with them. This is nothing but fear mongering with a touch of partisan hackery added to the recipe.
    Bill clinton would have done it just to prove a point. Obama lacks conviction.


  6. #166
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,644

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurmugeon View Post
    Another Leftie who is supremely confident that they are immune to Ebola..... Why?
    Funny. I just talked to a physician who is expecting to be deployed to Liberia with the Air Force in December.

    He has no worries. And he's conservative.

    So maybe the better question is : why are Conservatives on this board so uneducated about this disease that they think they are at risk?

    I think the answer to that is 'TV news'.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #167
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Funny. I just talked to a physician who is expecting to be deployed to Liberia with the Air Force in December.

    He has no worries. And he's conservative.

    So maybe the better question is : why are Conservatives on this board so uneducated about this disease that they think they are at risk?

    I think the answer to that is 'TV news'.
    How you equate ideology with Ebola - truly amazing. Anecdotal (alleged) conversation with a conservative military doctor = cause and effect. Dizzying....
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  8. #168
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Funny. I just talked to a physician who is expecting to be deployed to Liberia with the Air Force in December.

    He has no worries. And he's conservative.

    So maybe the better question is : why are Conservatives on this board so uneducated about this disease that they think they are at risk?

    I think the answer to that is 'TV news'.
    Maybe you should talk to him again. He might have a different opinion since the Doctor that just came back from treating Ebola patients is now positive in New York City.

    I certainly hope your friend has more sense than that Doctor and does not go bowling and out on the town immediately after returning from Liberia.

  9. #169
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,644

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    How you equate ideology with Ebola - truly amazing. Anecdotal (alleged) conversation with a conservative military doctor = cause and effect. Dizzying....
    Ummm...I was replying to a guy who says 'lefties' think they are immune.

    I don't see this as a partisan issue at all. It's a knowledge issue.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #170
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,644

    Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Car...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Maybe you should talk to him again. He might have a different opinion since the Doctor that just came back from treating Ebola patients is now positive in New York City.

    I certainly hope your friend has more sense than that Doctor and does not go bowling and out on the town immediately after returning from Liberia.
    Well, he won't be treating patients. And his opinion won't change because it's not based on anecdotal cases- it's based on understanding.

    And as long as he's not vomiting all over the bowling alley, it's pretty much OK.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •