Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 302

Thread: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of Ebo

  1. #141
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,623

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    Where did you learn this, pharmacy school? Symptoms are SELF REPORTED and notoriously unreliable. Its quite easy for a virus to be contagious before a person feels ill, and in some cases people will lie or obscure to get what they want.

    At least signs are objective.

    These are basic facts, 3G, I wonder why you feel compelled to make such uninformed comments-politics, maybe?
    Vomiting, diarrhea and bleeding are pretty objective symptoms where I'm from, especially if self reported by a health care professional.

    Elevated temperature is also objective. And the woman was 99.5 and free of symptoms. That's a pretty good definition of asymptomatic.

    As far as we know about Ebola, it is contagious after symptoms appear. And again, the transmission is thru body fluid, which is usually pretty obvious.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #142
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,308

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's logical reasoning J. No need to be snarky.
    If YOU say so....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #143
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,308

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Vomiting, diarrhea and bleeding are pretty objective symptoms where I'm from, especially if self reported by a health care professional.

    Elevated temperature is also objective. And the woman was 99.5 and free of symptoms. That's a pretty good definition of asymptomatic.

    As far as we know about Ebola, it is contagious after symptoms appear. And again, the transmission is thru body fluid, which is usually pretty obvious.
    One of the "symptoms" is elevated temp....So, she had a symptom...
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #144
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,623

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    One of the "symptoms" is elevated temp....So, she had a symptom...
    Again, 99.5 isn't a fever.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Vomiting, diarrhea and bleeding are pretty objective symptoms where I'm from, especially if self reported by a health care professional.

    Elevated temperature is also objective. And the woman was 99.5 and free of symptoms. That's a pretty good definition of asymptomatic.

    As far as we know about Ebola, it is contagious after symptoms appear. And again, the transmission is thru body fluid, which is usually pretty obvious.
    3g, you lack medical training. Symptoms are subjective-signs are not. Fevers are transient. Melena/hematochezia are objective-but the frequency and consistency of stools are not-when reported BY individuals and not medical staff.

    THIS virus is communicable as long as ANY virions remain in body substances, and its minimum infectious dose is 1-10 virions. Beyond that we are squarely in virus season and the signs AND symptoms will be obscured by the endemic infectious diseases.

    My point is that nothing is as simple as you wish to present-your lack of primary knowledge is really shining through.

    At this stage-dont you think its irresponsible of you to parrot what you heard from Rachel Maddow?

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Again, 99.5 isn't a fever.
    It can be, depending on how/where it was obtained-you could argue about if its medically significant but the point is its not as clear cut as you'd like to make out.

  7. #147
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,224

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    BS doesn't always baffle brains. Some understand technical terms. There's google too. Eating beetroot can cause hematochezia-like symptoms, as can a dozen other diseases. if a patient has reached that stage of the illness you misdiagnosed originally.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  8. #148
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,089

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, you're worried about "trolling" postings eh? Hmmm...Funny I didn't see you too worried about this one...

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063874480
    Probably because I never read that post. I may be quite smart but I don't claim to be anywhere near omnipotent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  9. #149
    Sage
    poweRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    35,089

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by lifeisshort View Post
    I could give a crap about Obama's well being on a personal level but unfortunately he is our president and his VP is even more stupid than he is so it was a dumb stunt.
    It's a little far along in the game to pretend like you are concerned about the presidency when it isn't an (R) sitting in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    The sad fact is that having a pedophile win is better than having a Democrat in office. I'm all for a solution where a Republican gets in that isn't Moore.

  10. #150
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,623

    Re: Obama: ‘I Felt Perfectly Safe’ Hugging, Kissing Hospital Workers Who Took Care Of

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    3g, you lack medical training. Symptoms are subjective-signs are not. Fevers are transient. Melena/hematochezia are objective-but the frequency and consistency of stools are not-when reported BY individuals and not medical staff.

    THIS virus is communicable as long as ANY virions remain in body substances, and its minimum infectious dose is 1-10 virions. Beyond that we are squarely in virus season and the signs AND symptoms will be obscured by the endemic infectious diseases.

    My point is that nothing is as simple as you wish to present-your lack of primary knowledge is really shining through.

    At this stage-dont you think its irresponsible of you to parrot what you heard from Rachel Maddow?
    I don't take medical advice from PA's, as a rule. Substandard training, you know. I know because I've taught them.

    LOL.

    It was a medical professional who was reporting the symptoms. And again, there is no evidence she had any symptoms, or signs, of infection at the time.

    This infection is not easily transmissible, period. We had a *symptomatic* individual flying from Africa to the US, and all his plane mates are just fine. This isn't surprising or really lucky. It's kind of what you would expect.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •