Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

  1. #21
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That is the wonderful thing about citing state averages - some states are naturally going to below the average.
    Particularly states who have refused money for a medicaid expansion!
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #22
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,121

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Then instead of having some people not see the doctor because they couldn't afford it we'd have people not seeing a doctor because the Government decided it couldn't afford it. Progress!
    people in other first world countries certainly aren't clamoring for the opportunity to go bankrupt when their kid breaks his arm falling out of a tree, or to lose coverage when their employer decides to can them.

  3. #23
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Correct. Only a system of Universal Healthcare really could eliminate this problem.
    And that was the planned end goal all along. I hope the voters remember all the lies and financial pain caused by liberal lies and manipulation.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #24
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Yes, I posted one link about premiums in 2014 (so of course it's more than a year old) and one link about premiums in 2015. The links show that premiums in NM are some of the cheapest in the nation and are going down.
    So if our medical costs have at least doubled in the last couple of years, a fact which our medical group has told us is directly related to mandates of Obamacare, that we have lost doctors, that coverages and service are less than they were, you see that our premiums are some of the cheapest in the nation is a good thing????? That it is unaffordable for a great many New Mexicans so is likely to be even more so for others????

    I suppose you think that should offset the loss of jobs because employers are struggling to stay under 50 employees so they won't be subject to the mandates, or those employers who have seen their group insurance rates double and, if they keep the insurance at all, will of necessity have to reduce wages, raises, and bonuses to help pay for it.

    A full one third of New Mexicans are now insured by Medicaid meaning they aren't paying anything for insurance but the taxpayer is picking up the tab. This has almost doubled since Obamacare went into effect. Add in the folks on Medicare and 50% of New Mexicans are now insured under Medicare or Medicaid. 22% of those who are insured but are not on Medicaid or Medicare are eligible for tax credits. And while accurate numbers are difficult to come by, it is estimated some 15 to 20% of New Mexicans are opting to go without insurance because they cannot afford even the subsidized plans offered by the exchange.
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  5. #25
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    04-15-15 @ 01:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    459

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Due to fedetal subsadies. What happens when they go away ?

    And dont ignore the large deductables and lack of choice.

    This was called "afgordable care act" and its done nothing at all to make care more affordable.

  6. #26
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    And that was the planned end goal all along. I hope the voters remember all the lies and financial pain caused by liberal lies and manipulation.
    Muahahahahaha. Our evil plot to establish a system in America where getting medical care isn't based on how much money you have, where nobody goes bankrupt just because they get sick. Soon, very soon, my friend. AaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAH *flies away on a skull-shaped jet*
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #27
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,239

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Universal healthcare is liberation from debt and fear. And healthier.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  8. #28
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    So if our medical costs have at least doubled in the last couple of years, a fact which our medical group has told us is directly related to mandates of Obamacare, that we have lost doctors, that coverages and service are less than they were, you see that our premiums are some of the cheapest in the nation is a good thing????? That it is unaffordable for a great many New Mexicans so is likely to be even more so for others????
    Boy, you sure packed a lot of lies into one paragraph

    Medical costs have not doubled, ACA has slowed increases in health care costs, group rates have not doubled, and your post is so dishonest you claim that ACA increased coverage and reduced coverage in the same paragraph.

    I suppose you think that should offset the loss of jobs because employers are struggling to stay under 50 employees so they won't be subject to the mandates, or those employers who have seen their group insurance rates double and, if they keep the insurance at all, will of necessity have to reduce wages, raises, and bonuses to help pay for it.
    Jobs have increased, group insurance hasn't doubled and empoyers will keep providing insurance or pay the penalties

    A full one third of New Mexicans are now insured by Medicaid meaning they aren't paying anything for insurance but the taxpayer is picking up the tab. This has almost doubled since Obamacare went into effect. Add in the folks on Medicare and 50% of New Mexicans are now insured under Medicare or Medicaid. 22% of those who are insured but are not on Medicaid or Medicare are eligible for tax credits. And while accurate numbers are difficult to come by, it is estimated some 15 to 20% of New Mexicans are opting to go without insurance because they cannot afford even the subsidized plans offered by the exchange.
    The only taxpayers paying for Medicaid expansion are insurers, medical device suppliers, and people who make more than 250K/yr. ACA did not expand Medicare and the of unisured people in NM has dropped significantly.

    IOW, your post is nothing but a repetition of the same old right wing lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #29
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Quote Originally Posted by dogtowner View Post
    Due to fedetal subsadies. What happens when they go away ?
    Nope, not due to federal subsidies.

    And dont ignore the large deductables and lack of choice.

    This was called "afgordable care act" and its done nothing at all to make care more affordable.
    The cost increases for health care have slowed drastically
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #30
    Sage
    Winchester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,485

    Re: Poll: Many insured struggle with medical bills

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    OMG....This is horrible...
    And almost unbelievable.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •