Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Ohio to lose Jeep after all

  1. #31
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Ohio to lose Jeep after all

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    If you would have read and understood the article



    The word considering is quite important

    Jeep has not made the decision to build the next wrangler out of aluminum yet, it is most likely doing the feasibility studies right now, creating a mock up out of aluminum right now. The testing for Jeep to make that decision will take months if not years, as it is a newer idea for Jeep.

    So if you would have read the article and understood it

    You would have realized that Jeep is considering making the next wrangler out of aluminum, but has not decided on that yet. If it does then the Wrangler production will move to another plant. Other Jeep products are made in Toledo, and most likely another product would move there to take up the volume that the wrangler would have had. The Toledo plant does make more then just the Wrangler


    Corporations like Politicians float " trial balloons " for good reason.

    To make a public statement like that probably took a considerable amount of time and effort and its not done lightly.

    Corporate condsiderations made public carry with them real consequences.

    Not like " considerations " made over a cup of coffee at the local diner.

  2. #32
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Ohio to lose Jeep after all

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    If you would have read and understood the article



    The word considering is quite important

    Jeep has not made the decision to build the next wrangler out of aluminum yet, it is most likely doing the feasibility studies right now, creating a mock up out of aluminum right now. The testing for Jeep to make that decision will take months if not years, as it is a newer idea for Jeep.

    So if you would have read the article and understood it

    You would have realized that Jeep is considering making the next wrangler out of aluminum, but has not decided on that yet. If it does then the Wrangler production will move to another plant. Other Jeep products are made in Toledo, and most likely another product would move there to take up the volume that the wrangler would have had. The Toledo plant does make more then just the Wrangler
    We'll see won't we?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #33
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Ohio to lose Jeep after all

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Corporations like Politicians float " trial balloons " for good reason.

    To make a public statement like that probably took a considerable amount of time and effort and its not done lightly.

    Corporate condsiderations made public carry with them real consequences.

    Not like " considerations " made over a cup of coffee at the local diner.
    Here is a much better article regarding the statement made the CEO of FCA
    Next Jeep Wrangler could have aluminum body
    The next generation Jeep Wrangler might have an aluminum body and be assembled somewhere other than Toledo, Ohio, where it has been made since its inception as an Army vehicle.

    Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne said Thursday at the Paris Motor Show that the iconic Wrangler also could be built on a unibody, rather than a body on frame, structure.

    "If the solution is aluminum, then I think unfortunately that Toledo is the wrong place because it requires a complete reconfiguring of the assets that would be cost-prohibitive," Marchionne said. "It would be so outrageously expensive that it would be impossible to work out of that facility."

    snip

    As for a suitable location for the aluminum Wrangler, Chrysler plants in Mexico and Canada seem to be out of the question because Marchionne said he wants to preserve Wrangler's heritage as an American vehicle.

    Plants in Sterling Heights and Belvidere, Ill., are able to build unibody cars and SUVs.

    It's possible Toledo would produce another new vehicle, the full-size Jeep Wagoneer by 2018.

    "I will never build a Wrangler outside of the U.S.," Marchionne said Thursday. "The commitment to Toledo was certainly in terms of Jeep, and I think the fact that we brought the Cherokee to Toledo is huge. We're selling over 200,000 of these."


    It is also called investor relations, or he might have been angling for government funds to keep it in Toledo
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  4. #34
    Guru
    Kurmugeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    4,881

    Re: Ohio to lose Jeep after all

    I know! Let get Obama to pay tax dollars to have the Jeep plant relocated to Zaire, and imported in from barges floating down the River Ebola!

    How PC is that!

    Why, we'd be saints for making sure all those poor people in Africa get the jobs they need.

    We need to do this right away!

    -
    Hope and Prayer are integrally linked, never underestimate or undervalue, the power of either! - Kurmugeon
    I do NOT trust people who do not Love Dogs! - Kurmugeon
    Obama Administration Lefties, Innocent after having been proven guilty as sin! - Kurmugeon

  5. #35
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: Ohio to lose Jeep after all

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post

    It is also called investor relations, or he might have been angling for government funds to keep it in Toledo
    I'm sure they probably are. Then it'll be either "Spending money left and right" or "Why didn't Obama give them money?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #36
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Ohio to lose Jeep after all

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I'm sure they probably are. Then it'll be either "Spending money left and right" or "Why didn't Obama give them money?"
    Well, keep in mind that this change to the vehicles resulting in this change of building venue, is not what those buying the Jeep wanted and clamored for...It is a result of ridiculous regulation, and cafe standards imposed by people in government who have NO idea what it takes to get to their demands...I don't think the question is not about money, as much as it is about what's happening to cars do to government meddling in the business.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •