Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 209

Thread: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

  1. #171
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,916
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    His historical political contributions have been studied, with all of the data from Opensecrets.org. Orman has donated to Democrats a whopping 93% of the time - including donations to Al Franken. I struggle to call anyone who donated to Franken anything but a very left leaning Liberal.

    The comparison to Sanders and King is a good one. Orman is about as Independent as Charlie Crist was the day he lost the Senate primary to Marco Rubio and changed his affiliation to "Independent" (which of course was right before he declared himself a "Democrat").

    Do these guys think we're stupid?
    The vast majority of voters, especially those who do not wear the red or blue colored glasses do not pay much attention to politics in general. In other words a lot, quite a lot of independents are taken in or make up their mind on the rhetoric of the candidates or even a bumper sticker slogan.

    Those on this site I would classify as political junkies. Most independents are not and usually do not pay any attention to elections until a couple of weeks prior. I heard Orman say that he wouldn't vote for either McConnell or Reid to be the leader in the senate. I loved that. My hopes for a true independent in the senate rose. But not now.

    Let's face it, the fact is the vast majority of Americans do not follow the candidates closely. I wouldn't call them stupid, it is just there are other things in their life they place a much higher priority on than getting into the nuts and bolts of a political campaign.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  2. #172
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,916
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Regarding the bolded part...I often find it very ironic that people make accusations that unpopular groups - religious organizations, the NRA, big business, etc. - are buying politicians' favor and loyalty with their donations, but those same people don't always find it equally appalling that people like Soros here are doing the exact same thing. This is all nothing new - and it happens on both sides, not just the GOP side.

    If Orman is an independent, I'm waking up tomorrow in bed with Brad Pitt.
    LOL, okay with your bed partner. I use to dream about Raquel Welsh when I was much younger. What the Democrats do not talk about is Obama received three times as much money from Wall Street in 2008 than McCain did. That year Obama spent 750 million to 368 for McCain.

    In 2012 the money was relative even. What is unknown to most is corporations and Wall Street tend to donate to whom they think will win, then they will give some money to the other candidate just in case he wins, that way both candidates owe them. Some of the firms who donate to both parties, candidates are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citigroup, UBS AG, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America and more.

    Now these folks would donate all their millions if their investment didn't give them a good return. Think about it. They good business men.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  3. #173
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,991

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by Perotista View Post
    LOL, okay with your bed partner. I use to dream about Raquel Welsh when I was much younger. What the Democrats do not talk about is Obama received three times as much money from Wall Street in 2008 than McCain did. That year Obama spent 750 million to 368 for McCain.

    In 2012 the money was relative even. What is unknown to most is corporations and Wall Street tend to donate to whom they think will win, then they will give some money to the other candidate just in case he wins, that way both candidates owe them. Some of the firms who donate to both parties, candidates are Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Citigroup, UBS AG, Morgan Stanley, Bank of America and more.

    Now these folks would donate all their millions if their investment didn't give them a good return. Think about it. They good business men.
    They are smarter than anyone else in the world when it comes to wise investments.

    My husband says Raquel is still hot.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  4. #174
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,916
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    They are smarter than anyone else in the world when it comes to wise investments.

    My husband says Raquel is still hot.
    I agree with your husband. Oh yes, those folks wouldn't make those investments if they didn't get a real good return on their money. Let's face it, we have the best government money can buy.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

  5. #175
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,673

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I didn't make any stupid comments about Soros.

    Why would I be thrilled about Orman running as an Independent?

    Who said anything to the effect that conservatives don't hold fundraisers?
    I don't remember saying that you made any comments about Soros. I said, that the stupid comments made had to be stopped.

    You said that Orman was running as a Democrat: he's not.

    I said that conservatives hold fund raisers becasue you were trashing Soro's kid for holding afund raiser.

    If I can be of any further help just let me know.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  6. #176
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,673

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it wasn't. Judism is a religous denotation. That is a fact.
    Uh, no: I asked my Jewish friend about that the very thing a week or so ago: how is it, that a religion can be a race as well? He said; "the short answer is that in the beginning (Judaism) and for some time there after, they Jews never married outside the religion..."

    Again though: the nazis weren't concerned about that: to them a Jew was a Jew. So trying to defend a really stupid assertion about George Soros is a waste of time and brain power.

    You should more concerned about Prescott Bush: you elecetd his kid, and grand kid president of the United States; I did not. I knew better.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  7. #177
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,673

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Orman is decieving the voters.
    All politicians deceive the voters: what's your point?
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  8. #178
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    38,991

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    I don't remember saying that you made any comments about Soros. I said, that the stupid comments made had to be stopped.

    You said that Orman was running as a Democrat: he's not.

    I said that conservatives hold fund raisers becasue you were trashing Soro's kid for holding afund raiser.

    If I can be of any further help just let me know.
    This post is a lie. I never said Orman was running as a Democrat. Link to that post or retract your lying post.
    Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on people. ~W.C. Fields

  9. #179
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by prometeus View Post
    It is the same thing as "Judism"

    Maybe you should read a book or two...
    I should read a book? Maybe you should get back in class. I've never seen anything dumber posted in here, and that leaves room for an awful lot of stupid crap.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #180
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Soros to Host Fundraiser for ‘Independent’ Kansas Senate Candidate

    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    Uh, no: I asked my Jewish friend about that the very thing a week or so ago: how is it, that a religion can be a race as well? He said; "the short answer is that in the beginning (Judaism) and for some time there after, they Jews never married outside the religion..."

    Again though: the nazis weren't concerned about that: to them a Jew was a Jew. So trying to defend a really stupid assertion about George Soros is a waste of time and brain power.

    You should more concerned about Prescott Bush: you elecetd his kid, and grand kid president of the United States; I did not. I knew better.
    Then your "Jewish friend" has no clue what they are talking about. There are converts to Judism, I've never heard of a convert to "Greekism"

    There American Jews, Itialian Jews, British Jews, etc.

    Now stop this dumb **** please.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •