Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    No, and this silly assertion has been debunked many times before in many threads.
    Who 'debunked it'? You and other Far Right opponents of equality in marriage? Forgive me if I'm not impressed.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  2. #82
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Reminder, since you'll post the same drak endlessly - you are wrong. Of that list the only support you have are the court cases and some activist federal justices, law and constitution are not on your side. That's a fact.
    When anybody says 'that's a fact' while disregarding judicial precedent, you can make damned sure 'it' isn't a fact.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #83
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Thank you for sharing that stupid assumption with me. I'm not religious. You don't have to be religious to acknowledge that the desire to poke a stick in the eye of Christians is one of the primary motivations for homosexuals demanding marriage instead of civil unions. You just have to be honest and willing to call things the way they really are.
    Are you Christian?

  4. #84
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    What freedom? Gays could already have a ceremony and live happily ever after, they didnt even just want the govt benefits of marriage under a different name (civil union) they wanted to destroy the religious meaning of marriage. Gay marriage is about religious bigotry. If it was the gay civil union movement yall could have won that decades ago.
    Sorry, but your religion, nor any religion owns the word "Marriage"

    Get over it, not everyone follows your dogma, you want a theocracy? There are plenty in the middle east....oh wait, different dogma...sucks to be you.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  5. #85
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    The word marriage has religious connotations that is why the gays refused to accept civil unions. The act and benefits might be secular but the gays dont want that they want the word
    So, athiests that don't believe in your god, or any god, can't get "married?" Sorry, religion doesn't own marriage.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #86
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,798

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I brought it up because it was pertinent to the fact that this was never really a battle over equal rights because it was one that could have been won easily a decade or so ago. I know for a fact that the political leaders of the homosexual movement sacrificed the "rights" many homosexuals would have enjoyed by rejecting civil unions and holding out for homosexual marriage or nothing. What they had to lose was obvious (the rights they were trying to pretend it was really about) and what they had to gain by doing so was equally obvious: a broad smack-down to Christians who thought of marriage as a "religious union" and the opportunity to declare that homosexuality was just as normal as heterosexuality. Clearly the actual rights weren't the important thing.
    Ah, so blacks should have been satisfied with being "separate but equal" too, huh?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #87
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Who 'debunked it'? You and other Far Right opponents of equality in marriage? Forgive me if I'm not impressed.
    It's been a debunked concept since the very first thread on homosexual marriage here., and if you think I'm far right you've got quite a bit more learning to do.

  8. #88
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,798

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    So, athiests that don't believe in your god, or any god, can't get "married?" Sorry, religion doesn't own marriage.
    In fact, religious marriage ceremonies are wholly irrelevant. You can walk down all of the aisles in all of the churches you want, you're not actually married until you get that piece of paper from the state. Religious marriage is pointless.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  9. #89
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    When anybody says 'that's a fact' while disregarding judicial precedent, you can make damned sure 'it' isn't a fact.
    Tell it to AgentJ.

  10. #90
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,420

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    It doesn't have to impact my life directly in order for it to matter. It impacts my SOCIETY. It impacts my state taxes. It impacts our court systems. It is not something my state needs or wants because my state doesn't consider homosexual unions to be the fundamental building block of society that it feels needs to be endorsed, encouraged and supported. I think it is quite reasonable enough that the state does not consider homosexuality to be a criminal behavior and does not interfere with people living with or having sex with whomever they choose. Homosexuals may enjoy their homosexual relationships without interference from the state - but also without the state's blessing. I know it's just awful that all the homosexuals in Ohio can't say "we're just as normal as heterosexuals" but our state just isn't interested in perpetuating that lie.
    Spoken like a true Socially Conservative Authoritarian.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

Page 9 of 83 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •