Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #71
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    this just goes to show how much you are severely uneducated about this topic.

    ALL AMERICANS have a dog in this fight, we always do when its about equal rights lol
    You keep trying to frame it as an equal rights issue and it isn't.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #72
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,259

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I don't care. I don't have a dog in that fight. You don't have to have a dog in the fight to recognize a dogfight when you see one, do you?
    No, but if you can't provide a convenient box for the left to cram you into, they'll flail around for a while and eventually put you in one of their liking anyway. Right after that they declare victory and begin ridicule.

  3. #73
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    What freedom? Gays could already have a ceremony and live happily ever after, they didnt even just want the govt benefits of marriage under a different name (civil union) they wanted to destroy the religious meaning of marriage. Gay marriage is about religious bigotry. If it was the gay civil union movement yall could have won that decades ago.

    So it was the homosexuals that passed a bounch of State Constitutional Amendments about a decade ago that barred BOTH Civil Marriage and Civil Unions?


    It was homosexuals that when Washington State passed Civil Union's being equal to Civil Marriage in terms of benefits and responsibilities put a referendum on the ballot (Referendum 74, 2012) to PREVENT the law from becoming active because it was to much like marriage?




    Why those sneaky bastards.


    >>>>

  4. #74
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You keep trying to frame it as an equal rights issue and it isn't.
    LMAO
    facts, laws, constitution and court cases all disagree with you

    remind us what you have supporting you failed, dishonest and destroyed claim that it isn't? please share now, thank you
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #75
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then why did you bring it up as one of your bullet points if you don't care? That makes no sense at all. And BTW: being gay is normal, just like being black is normal. You might want to figure that one out.
    I brought it up because it was pertinent to the fact that this was never really a battle over equal rights because it was one that could have been won easily a decade or so ago. I know for a fact that the political leaders of the homosexual movement sacrificed the "rights" many homosexuals would have enjoyed by rejecting civil unions and holding out for homosexual marriage or nothing. What they had to lose was obvious (the rights they were trying to pretend it was really about) and what they had to gain by doing so was equally obvious: a broad smack-down to Christians who thought of marriage as a "religious union" and the opportunity to declare that homosexuality was just as normal as heterosexuality. Clearly the actual rights weren't the important thing.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  6. #76
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    The word marriage has religious connotations that is why the gays refused to accept civil unions. The act and benefits might be secular but the gays dont want that they want the word

    Gays are already getting married in Churches and have been for about 50 years. If there are "religious connotations" then isn't it discriminatory based on religion to not recognize their religious marriages equally?



    >>>>

  7. #77
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    In the immortal words of the late, great Freddie Mercury:

    "Another one bites the dust"
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    You keep trying to frame it as an equal rights issue and it isn't.
    No, that's exactly what it is. Just like the stupid prohibitions against inter-racial marriage (which still may exist in the South). It's an equal rights issue.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  9. #79
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    LMAO
    facts, laws, constitution and court cases all disagree with you

    remind us what you have supporting you failed, dishonest and destroyed claim that it isn't? please share now, thank you
    Reminder, since you'll post the same drak endlessly - you are wrong. Of that list the only support you have are the court cases and some activist federal justices, law and constitution are not on your side. That's a fact.

  10. #80
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    No, that's exactly what it is. Just like the stupid prohibitions against inter-racial marriage (which still may exist in the South). It's an equal rights issue.
    No, and this silly assertion has been debunked many times before in many threads.

Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •