Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 771 to 780 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #771
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,331

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Right...religion is a personal choice, it's in the Const. and it's protected by the Const.

    Gays have been a part of society as supported by history and precedence. Deserves the same protections as religion.

    So...the same. (If you choose to continue to believe that being gay is a choice)
    Religion was put into the Constitution. You want gay lifestyle/marriage put in there as well, go for it. I will petition my Rep to vote against it, but what the hell, beats the judges overturning the will of the people.

    You people certainly have some screwed up priorities and one of these days you are going to have to reconcile those priorities with "your" God

  2. #772
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,331

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So you cant answer any of the questions? Of course not.

    And straight people can marry and it's not in the Constitution (according to you). So it's discrimination to not allow gays to marry. Because of their GENDER. As again, you've been told.
    Marriage is common law and is defined as a union between a man and a woman. You cannot seem to grasp the concept. Not surprising

  3. #773
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,939

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Religion was put into the Constitution. You want gay lifestyle/marriage put in there as well, go for it. I will petition my Rep to vote against it, but what the hell, beats the judges overturning the will of the people.

    You people certainly have some screwed up priorities and one of these days you are going to have to reconcile those priorities with "your" God
    It doesnt need to be added. Gender is clearly covered. Oh well for you.

    And what exactly is the 'gay lifestyle?' Is there a 'straight lifestyle?' Please tell me how they are different, besides who they have sex with? And in most marriages, that drops off pretty fast, lol.

    Seriously, besides sexual attraction, how are their lifestyles ANY different? Please name one thing?

    They go to work, have kids, go to PTA, take their kids to soccer and dance class, go to church, mow the lawn, take vacations, take out the garbage, all eat dinner together as a family, date, drive cars, go on FaceBook, post on the Internet, read books, eat in restaurants, go camping, go swimming, work out at the gym, celebrate the holidays, etc etc etc. What's different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #774
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,939

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Marriage is common law and is defined as a union between a man and a woman. You cannot seem to grasp the concept. Not surprising
    My state does not recognize common law marriage. And the definition of marriage has been changed at the state level before due to federal oversite: polygamy and interracial marriage. The essential definitions changed: race, numbers, now gender. Oh....gender! Which is protected under the Constitution.

    man and woman
    man and man
    woman and woman

    See the red? GENDER change! LOLOLOLOLOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #775
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have always wanted it in the states because that is where it belongs. You need to pay closer attention rather than thinking only about what you want to say vs. listening to others.
    Really? Where before the SSM debate have you EVER commented the states should be in marriage only?

  6. #776
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,331

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    My state does not recognize common law marriage. And the definition of marriage has been changed at the state level before due to federal oversite: polygamy and interracial marriage. The essential definitions changed: race, numbers, now gender. Oh....gender! Which is protected under the Constitution.

    man and woman
    man and man
    woman and woman

    See the red? GENDER change! LOLOLOLOLOL
    Great, then what is your problem, you live in a state that gave you what you want so why interject your will on me or anyone else?

  7. #777
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,331

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Really? Where before the SSM debate have you EVER commented the states should be in marriage only?
    Always, I am a states' rights person, always have been

  8. #778
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,939

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great, then what is your problem, you live in a state that gave you what you want so why interject your will on me or anyone else?
    Because you are trying to force your will on gay Americans and prevent them from marrying and all that that means to them.

    You know how it means so much to you? Well it means just as much to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #779
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,331

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    It doesnt need to be added. Gender is clearly covered. Oh well for you.

    And what exactly is the 'gay lifestyle?' Is there a 'straight lifestyle?' Please tell me how they are different, besides who they have sex with? And in most marriages, that drops off pretty fast, lol.

    Seriously, besides sexual attraction, how are their lifestyles ANY different? Please name one thing?

    They go to work, have kids, go to PTA, take their kids to soccer and dance class, go to church, mow the lawn, take vacations, take out the garbage, all eat dinner together as a family, date, drive cars, go on FaceBook, post on the Internet, read books, eat in restaurants, go camping, go swimming, work out at the gym, celebrate the holidays, etc etc etc. What's different?
    Got it, in the liberal world of gay marriage people are created in a laboratory. What a great concept. Hitler had a term for it, creating a super race.

  10. #780
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,939

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Great, then what is your problem, you live in a state that gave you what you want so why interject your will on me or anyone else?
    btw, I dont even believe the govt should be involved in marriage at all, at any level. But that's not a fight that's going anywhere.

    However I am an American who is wholeheartedly against discrimination and the damage it has done and can continue to do to our country (not just against gays of course.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •