Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #761
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes and it is reality that science has not ruled out a gay gene as well. You just want to deny marriage to same sex couples because of an archaic belief. Sorry, you don't get to deny people rights based on that. Lucky your bigotry is being fought and you are losing.
    Deny? No, I want it to be the decision of the states. Get it passed in TX by the people instead of an activist judge. That is your problem, you cannot do that so you focus on some bogus argument of equal protection for personal choice issues which violate state laws.

  2. #762
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,340
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    equal protection for personal choice issues.
    Continuing to say it does not make it true.

    It's a bald faced lie.

  3. #763
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,855

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is the problem then, you cannot prove that being gay is genetic thus it isn't protected by the Constitution because it is a choice issue. you want it part of the Constitution, let the super majority decide
    I've seen nothing from you or anyone else that indicates that the proper Constitutional answer hinges on the existence or not of a "gay gene." You've conjured this Constitutional test out of thin air.

    And you've somehow convinced yourself that unless we identify a "gay gene," then being gay is a "choice issue." Science doesn't agree with your ignorant and baseless opinion on this matter, and the law need not defer to this ignorant premise.

  4. #764
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Too bad the will of the people is trumped by activist justices. Apparently it doesn't bother you that the will of the people was overturned in 19 states. Put SSM on the ballot and let the people decide. why do you have to have a judge make decisions for you? could it be because you cannot sell your argument to the people?
    Ah yes, the will of the people to deny rights. Yes, we've seen this before as well with interracial marriage. Your bigotry is well know and rejected. Deal with it.

  5. #765
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Deny? No, I want it to be the decision of the states. Get it passed in TX by the people instead of an activist judge. That is your problem, you cannot do that so you focus on some bogus argument of equal protection for personal choice issues which violate state laws.
    Oh NOW you want it states. You and other faux outraged cons didn't care marriage was in the feds hand before SSM got here. Sorry, but blame yourselves for that one. Your bogus concern is being fought and you are losing, THAT is fact. Bigots 0, Freedom 1.

  6. #766
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So are you telling me that by not getting SSM that gays will not be productive and able to compete in society? Tell me exactly why being married is so important to such a small percentage of the population? Tell me why civil unions won't suffice?

    Yes, gays have always been in society and yet it wasn't until modern history the last 30 years that activists have captured the movement and are trying to destroy the will of the people.
    No of course not but social acceptance of any kind makes it easier for them to contribute, as they arent discriminated against, fewer barrirs, dont get fired, etc.

    And the rights that come with marriage also protect their children, both biological, adopted, from merged families, etc. The children get more legal protections and benefits. Are you implying that their children should suffer the same bigotry as their parents?

    "Activists" didnt capture anything. It's called social momentum. It took 100 yrs after the Civil War to finally outlaw Jim Crow. SHould blacks have had to wait 100 years for equal treatment from the states? No, it's an embarrassment and a shame. It HARMED them.

    Momentum has been building since the 80's....discrimination is wrong and should be stopped as soon as possible, not based on how long it takes bigots to die out.

    And separate but equal was ruled unConstitutional, so civil unions are still discrimination. Not only that, it continues to stigmatize gays as 'different' and again, that bigotry affects their kids.

    Besides marriage *means* exactly the same thing to gays as straight people. Including (esp. including) those with religious beliefs.

    Of course, it's pretty hypocritical to see a conservative pushing for bigger govt....like a whole new institution that has to be administered in DC, more work for the IRS, Obamacare, legal organizations of all kind, thousands more pencil pushers and millions more $$$. For something that already exists? Ha ha ha! Yeah...that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #767
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I've seen nothing from you or anyone else that indicates that the proper Constitutional answer hinges on the existence or not of a "gay gene." You've conjured this Constitutional test out of thin air.

    And you've somehow convinced yourself that unless we identify a "gay gene," then being gay is a "choice issue." Science doesn't agree with your ignorant and baseless opinion on this matter, and the law need not defer to this ignorant premise.
    Ok, so if it isn't inherited then anything you do regardless of the law is deserving of equal protection? You have no idea how dangerous that argument is and how dangerous the leftwing agenda is to the rule of law.

    You and others don't get it. This is about states's rights and the foundation upon which this country was built. Get SSM approved in 50 states BY THE PEOPLE and I will accept that but I won't accept what some activist judges say as they overturned the will of the people. That is a violation of the Constitution which liberals don't want to discuss

  8. #768
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Oh NOW you want it states. You and other faux outraged cons didn't care marriage was in the feds hand before SSM got here. Sorry, but blame yourselves for that one. Your bogus concern is being fought and you are losing, THAT is fact. Bigots 0, Freedom 1.
    I have always wanted it in the states because that is where it belongs. You need to pay closer attention rather than thinking only about what you want to say vs. listening to others.

  9. #769
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, you are free to practice whatever religion you want. Marriage is common law supported by history and precedence. That plus it isn't a genetic trait unless you put it in the Constitution it isn't there.
    Right...religion is a personal choice, it's in the Const. and it's protected by the Const.

    Gays have been a part of society as supported by history and precedence. Deserves the same protections as religion.

    So...the same. (If you choose to continue to believe that being gay is a choice)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #770
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,001

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Fail, this has nothing to do with being straight, the reality is you cannot prove it is a civil right to be gay because being gay is a personal choice. Religion, race, and gender were put into the Constitution, marriage isn't there. Therein lies your problem
    So you cant answer any of the questions? Of course not.

    And straight people can marry and it's not in the Constitution (according to you). So it's discrimination to not allow gays to marry. Because of their GENDER. As again, you've been told.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •