Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #751
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,840

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    In the absence of a gay gene, there is no scientific evidence that being gay happens at birth. That is why liberals never talk about that issue
    Can't speak for other liberals but I rarely address "the issue" (of the gay gene apparently) because I can't think of a reason to care whether the "cause" of homosexuality is genetic, something during pregnancy, or some combination of nature and nurture.

  2. #752
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Two different subjects but yes genes do indeed play a role as race and gender are gene related and thus are protected. Hard for anyone to understand people like you who for some reason believe that marriage is a right and not a privilege, that whether or not someone is married is a personal choice issue not a civil rights issue. People like you really are part of the problem not part of the solution. Let the states do their own thing with regard to their own common law. Personal choice issues are allowed but not guaranteed in the Constitution. You can choose to be with whoever you want but don't expect the Constitution to protect you for something that isn't there.
    Practicing your religious beliefs and not having them infringed on is indeed guaranteed in the Const. Religion is a choice. And the Const DOES protect my religious rights.

    Still wrong. As you are repeatedly insisting there is a gay gene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #753
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    the reality is pro SSM people cannot prove that being gay is at birth as there is no such thing as a gay gene but there are genes for race and gender and that coupled with the states' rights issue makes it irrelevant to the Constitution IMO.
    You cant prove you were straight at birth.

    Can you? Can you prove you are straight?


    As I said, the fact that you believe being gay means there is a 'gay' gene shows the abysmal depths of your ignorance of reproduction. A particular gene has nothing to do with many things we are born with....is there a 'consciousness' gene? Is there a 'smart' gene? Is there a 'compassion' gene.

    For a matter of fact.....why havent they found the 'straight' gene yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #754
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, but science has not ruled out the possibility of a gay gene or combination thereof. That's why cons such as yourself can never discuss science intelligently.

    Let me guess, Gravity was NEVER there until someone wrote the science on it huh? Typical Cons, like to bible thump and act like their intelligent, how cute.

    You still upset over you losing the gay marriage argument huh? It is happening in SPITE of what you "think". Deal with that Con.
    That is a far cry from proof. Typical diversion from you, it is impossible to have an intelligent discussion with someone who doesn't understand the word. There is no evidence that there is a gay gene thus gays being created at birth. That is reality and apparently something you are incapable of understanding.

  5. #755
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is a far cry from proof. Typical diversion from you, it is impossible to have an intelligent discussion with someone who doesn't understand the word. There is no evidence that there is a gay gene thus gays being created at birth. That is reality and apparently something you are incapable of understanding.
    Yes and it is reality that science has not ruled out a gay gene as well. You just want to deny marriage to same sex couples because of an archaic belief. Sorry, you don't get to deny people rights based on that. Lucky your bigotry is being fought and you are losing.

  6. #756
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And science has not ruled out that it could be biological and not a choice either. Too bad the right and you keep losing the SSM argument and more and more places are making SSM legal. You are on the wrong side of history as always.

    Too bad the will of the people is trumped by activist justices. Apparently it doesn't bother you that the will of the people was overturned in 19 states. Put SSM on the ballot and let the people decide. why do you have to have a judge make decisions for you? could it be because you cannot sell your argument to the people?

  7. #757
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Because up until the mid-80s, gays *had* to hide to have *normal* lives. They even married in attempts to fit in. They tried, but they still were gay, staying in the 'closet' didnt make them less gay.

    So finally, they were able to, slowly, come out of the closet. And it cost them....they were beaten, killed, lost their jobs, were refused jobs, lost custody of their kids, called perverts and pedophiles and removed for a time from entire professions. It still happens.

    Gay people were always within our society....contributing with good jobs, raising kids, being doctors, firemen, teachers, everything. Why should they have to hide who they are and who they love? How would you like to have to live like that?
    So are you telling me that by not getting SSM that gays will not be productive and able to compete in society? Tell me exactly why being married is so important to such a small percentage of the population? Tell me why civil unions won't suffice?

    Yes, gays have always been in society and yet it wasn't until modern history the last 30 years that activists have captured the movement and are trying to destroy the will of the people.

  8. #758
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Can't speak for other liberals but I rarely address "the issue" (of the gay gene apparently) because I can't think of a reason to care whether the "cause" of homosexuality is genetic, something during pregnancy, or some combination of nature and nurture.
    That is the problem then, you cannot prove that being gay is genetic thus it isn't protected by the Constitution because it is a choice issue. you want it part of the Constitution, let the super majority decide

  9. #759
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Practicing your religious beliefs and not having them infringed on is indeed guaranteed in the Const. Religion is a choice. And the Const DOES protect my religious rights.

    Still wrong. As you are repeatedly insisting there is a gay gene.
    Yes, you are free to practice whatever religion you want. Marriage is common law supported by history and precedence. That plus it isn't a genetic trait unless you put it in the Constitution it isn't there.

  10. #760
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    You cant prove you were straight at birth.

    Can you? Can you prove you are straight?


    As I said, the fact that you believe being gay means there is a 'gay' gene shows the abysmal depths of your ignorance of reproduction. A particular gene has nothing to do with many things we are born with....is there a 'consciousness' gene? Is there a 'smart' gene? Is there a 'compassion' gene.

    For a matter of fact.....why havent they found the 'straight' gene yet?
    Fail, this has nothing to do with being straight, the reality is you cannot prove it is a civil right to be gay because being gay is a personal choice. Religion, race, and gender were put into the Constitution, marriage isn't there. Therein lies your problem

Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •