Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #661
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,163

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Straight people do not choose to "be gay".
    But ignorant people remain so by their own free will, in other words choose it.

  2. #662
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,163

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let me know when you figure out what states' rights are and how the courts are destroying the foundation upon which this country was built. You don't seem to get it or understand. If your state votes for SSM so be it, great. If my state votes for SSM no problem. It is a state issue. What part of that don't you understand?
    What part of the fact that it is not a states issue do you not understand. The peoples of various states even if mostly ignorant bigots do not get to vote on who and what rights can people enjoy or be denied. It looks like it is you who needs a remedial civics class.

  3. #663
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,023

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you know straight people haven't CHOSEN to become gay? You spout your opinion and that of others as fact when the proof is there is no such thing as born gay or there would be a "gay" gene. People choose to become gay or that at least is the argument you don't want to address. Wonder why?
    Because I have had a friend of the family who is gay, I was at school with people who happened to be gay. Also, studies kinda show that while it is possible for gay people to live as straight people, this does not make them any less gay, it just makes them choose to live against their nature. Straight men living like gay people is not very likely and the argument just misses all validity IMHO.

    Also, there are at least indicators that show that gay brains may be wired a bit different than straight brains.

    Homosexuality & Choice: Are Gay People 'Born This Way?'
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  4. #664
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,242

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    For everyone you post who makes that claim I can post the same number who don't agree. There are opinions that you want to believe as fact whereas there are other opinions I prefer. Your opinion noted.
    Are your opinions based on in depth discussions with real live gay people who told you they made a choice?

  5. #665
    Sage



    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,242

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Why does it matter? Religion is a choice and it's protected.
    Religion is a choice, gay is a choice.....religion = gay?

  6. #666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Getting a little hysterical, the right doesn't own the word marriage, history does

    History of Marriage
    Words change throughout history. Again, not a reason. Too bad you are on the losing side. Deal with THAT.

  7. #667
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,829

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Need to have the courts do what you cannot sell the people? You don't have a problem with that?
    Apparently 'we' could not sell equal rights for blacks to 'the people' and 'the courts' had to rule that interracial marriage was legal in several states that clearly fought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #668
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,829

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Show me the gay gene?

    Gay by Genes or by Choice? | National Review Online

    You and others try to justify your own decisions by making claims like this. There is no known gay gene
    Why do you assume that it is genetic? Have you no better knowlege of reproduction and outcomes? Really?

    Many things affect the unborn in the womb....things like the environment, stress, anger, fear...causing the mother to release hormones that, at certain times during gestation, can affect the unborn. Is this a new concept for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #669
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,829

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    No, personal choice has never been a protect civil right, EVER.
    Religious belief is a personal choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #670
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,829

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You are going to find very few people believing that not being able to marry is oppression. Wow, project much?
    Yeah, only the ones being oppressed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 67 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •