Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #641
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by beefheart View Post
    Guess you missed that class on arguing without arrogance and condescending tone.
    Another "liberal" hiding under the leaning of moderate, what a surprise! While taking a history course take one in civics as well learning about states' rights as well as the fact that marriage isn't in the Constitution.

  2. #642
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,337

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Another "liberal" hiding under the leaning of moderate, what a surprise! While taking a history course take one in civics as well learning about states' rights as well as the fact that marriage isn't in the Constitution.
    Big man....uses labels. I'd love to see what your style would be if we were all debating in person. You are the one hiding...from reality!
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  3. #643
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Awesome, four states? 19 states had the will of the people overturned by an activist judge. Guess maybe you aren't as sure as you think when it comes to the majority voting for same sex marriage. What costs would be incurred to put it on the ballot and let the people decide? You really don't understand states' rights do you?

    So don't you find it a little concerning to your cause that there isn't more passion for this issue as only 20% showed up to vote? Interesting logic on your part. If it was as passionate of an issue as you thought more would have turned out just on that issue alone.
    Nope. Just as I have absolutely no problem with Loving having taken down over a dozen state laws banning interracial marriage.

    It is simply an issue that most people don't care about or don't have the time to care about because it doesn't actually affect them. Just like it doesn't really affect you, which is why the court does need to get involved to overturn these laws/bans.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #644
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How do you know straight people haven't CHOSEN to become gay? You spout your opinion and that of others as fact when the proof is there is no such thing as born gay or there would be a "gay" gene. People choose to become gay or that at least is the argument you don't want to address. Wonder why?
    Because you don't choose to be gay. You can only choose to be in certain relationships, which is not the same.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #645
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Nope. Just as I have absolutely no problem with Loving having taken down over a dozen state laws banning interracial marriage.

    It is simply an issue that most people don't care about or don't have the time to care about because it doesn't actually affect them. Just like it doesn't really affect you, which is why the court does need to get involved to overturn these laws/bans.
    Let me know when you figure out what states' rights are and how the courts are destroying the foundation upon which this country was built. You don't seem to get it or understand. If your state votes for SSM so be it, great. If my state votes for SSM no problem. It is a state issue. What part of that don't you understand?

  6. #646
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because you don't choose to be gay. You can only choose to be in certain relationships, which is not the same.
    We have civil unions for people who want a legal relationship. No, what you want to do is destroy states' rights and centuries of history and precedence all for your own personal pleasure or in your case the pleasure for someone else.

  7. #647
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I have had my ass kicked many times but never by you. The Constitution was written by our Founders who understood, unlike you, that too much power at the central level is no better than what they had in England thus they listed those powers in that Constitution. Equal protection and the 14th Amendment apply to the Constitution. You want marriage in the Constitution, then go for it
    Equal protection is already in there. If the states have contracts, they cant discriminate against protected classes, like gender. If SSM is illegal, it discriminates against gender in the marriage contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  8. #648
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,878

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, sure have. A chosen lifestyle isn't a civil right, it is personal choice.
    Having sex is a personal choice. Sexual orientation is not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #649
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Having sex is a personal choice. Sexual orientation is not.
    I'll bet if anyone even dared suggest we not protect religion, he'd be up in arms, even though, clearly, religion is a personal choice.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #650
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,799

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Conservative never answered this question:

    What language in the constitution makes interracial marriage bans unconstitutional? After all, marriage isn't in the constitution.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 65 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •