Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #561
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Good, put it on the ballot instead of having laws overturned by an non elected judge. Apparently it doesn't bother you that 19 states had their will changed by a justice. Wonder how you would feel if a judge changed your will on an issue that you supported? You don't seem to understand the will of the people at all or how laws are made and changed, not by judges. Like far too many you don't like a law you go to a judge to change it. One of these days that position is going to bite you in the ass.
    Like I said, no. It is done. The courts get the results faster, establish fair treatment of the laws more quickly.

    It would depend on the issue. Name one, and I'll tell you whether it is covered or not according to precedent and our Constitution.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #562
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There are amendments to the Constitution that had to be passed by the "majority" so tell me how that happened? You have so little faith in the American people. let them decide, not justices
    No. All Amendments in our US Constitution were passed by a supermajority, not a "majority".
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #563
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I told you. You can marry a woman and I can't, and it is only because I am a woman. That is unfair because it is the laws that are preventing a legal marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman, but allow for someone of the other sex to marry them. Sex discrimination.
    I am prevented from doing a lot of things that I WANT to do but such is life. It is full of disappointments, apparently yours is not being able to marry a same sex partner. Move to a state that allows it and stop forcing your opinion and beliefs on me

  4. #564
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I am prevented from doing a lot of things that I WANT to do but such is life. It is full of disappointments, apparently yours is not being able to marry a same sex partner. Move to a state that allows it and stop forcing your opinion and beliefs on me
    Are you legally prevented from doing something based on your gender/sex? If so, fight it.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #565
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No. All Amendments in our US Constitution were passed by a supermajority, not a "majority".
    Exactly, but in order to have a super majority you have to have a majority first, don't you? How did those Amendments get passed with such an evil population that won't allow you to marry a person of your own sex. A civil union will suffice but you don't want that but aren't willing to move to a state that allows it. How selfish of you expecting your morals to be thrust on the rest of us.

  6. #566
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Are you legally prevented from doing something based on your gender/sex? If so, fight it.
    No interest in fighting it. life is full of disappointments so I just live with it. You obviously have lived with it for a long time, get over it and move on

  7. #567
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,744

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    For everyone you post who makes that claim I can post the same number who don't agree. There are opinions that you want to believe as fact whereas there are other opinions I prefer. Your opinion noted.
    LMAO. The opinions I want to believe as fact are based on the evidence and reality. The opinions you "prefer" are rooted in ignorance. They aren't equivalent....

  8. #568
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Like I said, no. It is done. The courts get the results faster, establish fair treatment of the laws more quickly.

    It would depend on the issue. Name one, and I'll tell you whether it is covered or not according to precedent and our Constitution.
    You lived under the laws of your state for decades and I assume you are old enough to have lived under those laws while of legal age. Now all of a sudden you want the courts to overrule the laws you lived under. Why is that? I call it liberal arrogance and attempts to force your beliefs on others. How typical of liberals

  9. #569
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,764

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There are amendments to the Constitution that had to be passed by the "majority" so tell me how that happened? You have so little faith in the American people. let them decide, not justices
    So, you admit then that individual freedom is less important than a vote of 51% of the population. Ok.

    I disagree. It doesn't matter if I can get 51% of the population to vote that Christianity doesn't count as a religion. First amendment still applies.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #570
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    LMAO. The opinions I want to believe as fact are based on the evidence and reality. The opinions you "prefer" are rooted in ignorance. They aren't equivalent....
    Show me the gay gene, the we can talk about ignorance. You pass off the opinions of others as fact when they really are nothing other than opinions

Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •