Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #331
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    OH HAPPY JOY! EQUAL RIGHTS ARE WINNING AT JUST ABOUT EVERY TURN!!
    Alaska gay marriage ban ruled unconstitutional - Chicago Tribune



    Well that makes THIRTY!!!!!
    I remember people saying it will never be more than 12? Well its more than double that now and 5 more will be falling soon do to federal appellate court precedent.

    Changes/Updates in RED
    10/12/2014 Version 17.0

    30 States with Equal Rights 5falling soon due to federal court precedent and 10 Stayed/Appealed/Pending


    30 States with Equal Rights

    Massachusetts - May 17, 2004
    Connecticut - November 12, 2008
    Iowa - April 27, 2009
    Vermont - September 1, 2009
    New Hampshire - January 1, 2010
    Washing D.C. - March 9, 2010
    FALL OF DADT Dec 18, 2010
    New York - July 24, 2011
    Washington - December 6, 2012
    Maine - December 29, 2012
    Maryland - January 1, 2013
    FALL OF DOMA - June 26, 2013
    California - June 28, 2013
    Delaware - July 1, 2013
    Rhode Island - August 1, 2013
    Minnesota - August 1, 2013
    New Jersey - October 21, 2013
    Illinois - (ruled on Nov 20th 2013) June 1, 2014 effective
    Hawaii - December 2, 2013
    New Mexico – December 19, 2013
    GSK v. Abbott Laboratories - January 21, 2014 (could be huge in gay rights, discrimination/heightened scrutiny)
    Oregon May 19, 2014
    Pennsylvania May 20, 2014
    Utah Oct. 6, 2014
    Oklahoma Oct. 6, 2014
    Virginia Oct. 6, 2014
    Wisconsin Oct 6,. 2014
    Indiana Oct 6, 2014
    Colorado Oct 7, 2014
    Nevada Oct. 9, 2014
    West Virginia Oct. 9, 2014
    North Carolina Oct. 10, 2014
    Idaho - May Oct 10, 2014
    Alaska – Oct 13, 2014

    5Will fall soon due to federal appellate court precedent.
    Arizona
    Kansas
    Montana
    South Carolina
    Wyoming

    7 Stayed/Appealed/Pending
    Arkansas - May 5, 2014 (Stayed)
    Florida - July 17th, 2014
    Kentucky - February 14, 2014 (Must recognize out-of-state marriages which will lead to their ban being defeated)
    Michigan - March 21, 2014 (Stayed)
    Ohio - April, 2014 Trial had narrow ruling that Ohio will recognize OTHER state marriages but didn’t impact bans. New cases expected.
    Tennessee March, 2014 (Direct US Constitution Challenge)(Prilim in and 3 couples are recognized, later broader ruling coming)
    Texas - February 26, 2014 (Stayed)

    8 States Working Towards Equal Rights

    7 States with Pending Court Cases to Establish Equal Rights
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Louisiana
    Mississippi
    Nebraska
    North Dakota
    South Dakota

    1 States with Court Cases and Legislation to establish Equal Rights
    Missouri


    thats 50 states that could have equal rights by 2016 and some much sooner!

    US Court of Appeals Tracker
    Map: Court Locator
    1st - all states have equal rights
    2nd - all states have equal rights
    3rd - pending
    4th - ruled for equal rights, states to fall shortly
    5th- pending
    6th - pending
    7th- ruled for equal rights, states to fall shortly
    8th- nothing pending, talks of two cases
    9th- pending (statement released "as soon as possible")
    10th - ruled for equal rights, states to fall shortly
    11th - pending



    State Attorney Generals no longer defending the bans due to their unconstitutionality
    California (Has equal rights now)
    Illinois (Has Equal rights now)
    Kentucky
    Nevada
    Oregon (has equal rights now)
    Pennsylvania(has equal rights now)
    Virginia(stayed)

    THERE ARE NO STATES LEFT NOT FIGHTING FOR EQUAL RIGHTS

    #EqualRightsAreWinning!!!!!!!!!!!!

    also please feel free to let me know of any corrections or updates that need made, equality is kicking so much ass its hard to keep up, thanks

    isn't that just wonderful, we have an economy in the crapper, a world on fire, and another same sex marriage thread showing how poor individual priorities are. Didn't realize that Marriage was a Federal law as when I got married I got a state marriage license. Liberals will do anything to overturn the will of the people but only on issues they deem important. Marriage has always been common law and all Americans have the same rights, marry someone of a different sex and there is no problem. Now the leftwing wants to overturn the states' rights issue by going through the courts. I have absolutely no problem with states approving same sex marriage but I do have a problem with the Federal Govt. getting involved especially the courts. What a bunch of typical leftwing bs that is destroying the will of the people.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    isn't that just wonderful, we have an economy in the crapper, a world on fire, and another same sex marriage thread showing how poor individual priorities are. Didn't realize that Marriage was a Federal law as when I got married I got a state marriage license. Liberals will do anything to overturn the will of the people but only on issues they deem important. Marriage has always been common law and all Americans have the same rights, marry someone of a different sex and there is no problem. Now the leftwing wants to overturn the states' rights issue by going through the courts. I have absolutely no problem with states approving same sex marriage but I do have a problem with the Federal Govt. getting involved especially the courts. What a bunch of typical leftwing bs that is destroying the will of the people.
    Funny how most Cons had NO problem with marriage being up to the Federal Government UNTIL SSM came along. Cons can go cry me a river. If the economy is MORE important than gay marriage, than legalize it and move on. Until then, they are pissing in the wind and I'm loving them get all wet.

  3. #333
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Funny how most Cons had NO problem with marriage being up to the Federal Government UNTIL SSM came along. Cons can go cry me a river. If the economy is MORE important than gay marriage, than legalize it and move on. Until then, they are pissing in the wind and I'm loving them get all wet.
    Marriage has never been a Federal issue until liberals threw a tantrum and couldn't get their way at the ballot box. Legalize it at the state level where it belongs. Big central govt. liberals are going to get their way and not like it especially when that big Central govt. returns to Republican control.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    OH HAPPY JOY! EQUAL RIGHTS ARE WINNING AT JUST ABOUT EVERY TURN!!
    Alaska gay marriage ban ruled unconstitutional - Chicago Tribune



    Well that makes THIRTY!!!!!
    I remember people saying it will never be more than 12? Well its more than double that now and 5 more will be falling soon do to federal appellate court precedent.

    Changes/Updates in RED
    10/12/2014 Version 17.0

    30 States with Equal Rights 5falling soon due to federal court precedent and 10 Stayed/Appealed/Pending


    30 States with Equal Rights

    Massachusetts - May 17, 2004
    Connecticut - November 12, 2008
    Iowa - April 27, 2009
    Vermont - September 1, 2009
    New Hampshire - January 1, 2010
    Washing D.C. - March 9, 2010
    FALL OF DADT Dec 18, 2010
    New York - July 24, 2011
    Washington - December 6, 2012
    Maine - December 29, 2012
    Maryland - January 1, 2013
    FALL OF DOMA - June 26, 2013
    California - June 28, 2013
    Delaware - July 1, 2013
    Rhode Island - August 1, 2013
    Minnesota - August 1, 2013
    New Jersey - October 21, 2013
    Illinois - (ruled on Nov 20th 2013) June 1, 2014 effective
    Hawaii - December 2, 2013
    New Mexico – December 19, 2013
    GSK v. Abbott Laboratories - January 21, 2014 (could be huge in gay rights, discrimination/heightened scrutiny)
    Oregon May 19, 2014
    Pennsylvania May 20, 2014
    Utah Oct. 6, 2014
    Oklahoma Oct. 6, 2014
    Virginia Oct. 6, 2014
    Wisconsin Oct 6,. 2014
    Indiana Oct 6, 2014
    Colorado Oct 7, 2014
    Nevada Oct. 9, 2014
    West Virginia Oct. 9, 2014
    North Carolina Oct. 10, 2014
    Idaho - May Oct 10, 2014
    Alaska – Oct 13, 2014

    5Will fall soon due to federal appellate court precedent.
    Arizona
    Kansas
    Montana
    South Carolina
    Wyoming

    7 Stayed/Appealed/Pending
    Arkansas - May 5, 2014 (Stayed)
    Florida - July 17th, 2014
    Kentucky - February 14, 2014 (Must recognize out-of-state marriages which will lead to their ban being defeated)
    Michigan - March 21, 2014 (Stayed)
    Ohio - April, 2014 Trial had narrow ruling that Ohio will recognize OTHER state marriages but didn’t impact bans. New cases expected.
    Tennessee March, 2014 (Direct US Constitution Challenge)(Prilim in and 3 couples are recognized, later broader ruling coming)
    Texas - February 26, 2014 (Stayed)

    8 States Working Towards Equal Rights

    7 States with Pending Court Cases to Establish Equal Rights
    Alabama
    Georgia
    Louisiana
    Mississippi
    Nebraska
    North Dakota
    South Dakota

    1 States with Court Cases and Legislation to establish Equal Rights
    Missouri


    thats 50 states that could have equal rights by 2016 and some much sooner!

    US Court of Appeals Tracker
    Map: Court Locator
    1st - all states have equal rights
    2nd - all states have equal rights
    3rd - pending
    4th - ruled for equal rights, states to fall shortly
    5th- pending
    6th - pending
    7th- ruled for equal rights, states to fall shortly
    8th- nothing pending, talks of two cases
    9th- pending (statement released "as soon as possible")
    10th - ruled for equal rights, states to fall shortly
    11th - pending



    State Attorney Generals no longer defending the bans due to their unconstitutionality
    California (Has equal rights now)
    Illinois (Has Equal rights now)
    Kentucky
    Nevada
    Oregon (has equal rights now)
    Pennsylvania(has equal rights now)
    Virginia(stayed)

    THERE ARE NO STATES LEFT NOT FIGHTING FOR EQUAL RIGHTS

    #EqualRightsAreWinning!!!!!!!!!!!!

    also please feel free to let me know of any corrections or updates that need made, equality is kicking so much ass its hard to keep up, thanks

    We are no longer a country of laws, but rather of men. If only there were some county clerk courageous enough to ignore this ruling.

  5. #335
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Marriage has never been a Federal issue until liberals threw a tantrum and couldn't get their way at the ballot box. Legalize it at the state level where it belongs. Big central govt. liberals are going to get their way and not like it especially when that big Central govt. returns to Republican control.
    Most of the recognitions/benefits of spouses come from the federal government, not the state. So you can continue the crap about how it hasn't been a federal issue, but you would be wrong. It simply isn't true.

    And the federal government has struck down state marriage restrictions, the same thing that same sex marriage restrictions are, 3 times in the past.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #336
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    We are no longer a country of laws, but rather of men. If only there were some county clerk courageous enough to ignore this ruling.
    We have always been a country of "men" who make the laws. Just because you don't approve of the laws, doesn't mean that you are right.

    Any county clerks who refuse to give marriage licenses to same sex couples, in these states where same sex marriage is legal, even through the courts, need to be fired.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Marriage has never been a Federal issue until liberals threw a tantrum and couldn't get their way at the ballot box. Legalize it at the state level where it belongs. Big central govt. liberals are going to get their way and not like it especially when that big Central govt. returns to Republican control.
    Sure it did, marriage has been a federal issue for many decades. Cons such as yourself only cared about the federal issue when SS couples wanted to get married. Save your hypocrisy for someone who will buy it. You only show your hypocrisy further by saying the economy is soooo important yet fight against SSM when you had NO problem with federal government getting involved with marriage before. I toasted to the bigots again when NEvada and Idaho allowed SSM and even attened a SSM over the weekend in Nevada. Must suck for you that cons are losing.

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    We have always been a country of "men" who make the laws. Just because you don't approve of the laws, doesn't mean that you are right.

    Any county clerks who refuse to give marriage licenses to same sex couples, in these states where same sex marriage is legal, even through the courts, need to be fired.
    Alaska's laws agree with me.

  9. #339
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Marriage equality. That's really the right phrase because this isn't about equal rights for people.

    I hope my state has the distinction of being the last to succumb to liberal social engineering.
    Did you know that marriages are at an all time low? Peculiar isn't it?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Did you know that marriages are at an all time low? Peculiar isn't it?
    Not peculiar to those that understand heteroseuxal marriages were on the decline BEFORE SSM was even legalized. Seems the anti-SSM will try to blame anything on same sex couples now.

Page 34 of 83 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •