Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #321
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Your English to Strawman translator just rocks. You must be the life of the party with that dumb schitt.
    translation: you cant back up your claim

    facts win again
    and the fact remain, by defintion its bigotry
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #322
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.)Fact, laws, rights, the constitution and court cases all prove you wrong, remind us what you have on your side again? NOTHING lol
    also I haven't stated my opinion on this to you, your mistake

    2.) nothing is misquoted and you dont make the rules,
    are you now retracting your statement and saying on the issues of equal rights for gays those 45 judges ruled correctly and not against law and constitution?

    yes or no, do you think the 45 judges that have ruled in favor of gay rights ruled against law and constitution? I bet you dodge this question
    Quote it as is and without your commentary, or not at all. You may not change the quote and attribute it to me. I bet you mention something about "facts" without ever presenting any in four out of the five next posts.

  3. #323
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,834

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The institution of marriage as the union between one member of BOTH sexes isn't a matter of bigotry. I'd say that the fact that over 90% of the world comprehends this but you don't. That means that maybe the ignorance is really yours. You should think about that a bit but I know you won't.
    Not sure how those dots connect - according to you, 90% of countries still ban SSM=====> bans not based on bigotry. Heck, in many of those countries the bigotry is overt, expressed through criminal prohibitions on homosexual conduct, punishable by jail or death.

    Maybe we're working with different definitions of the word "bigotry." We're using the term as it's defined in the dictionary, and you're making up your own definition.

    BTW, as an aside, I have little respect for Scalia's views on this matter, but at least he's intellectually honest enough to admit that the various bans on homosexual conduct and marriage are based on a desire for the community to express "moral opprobrium" or, in common language, bigotry.
    Last edited by JasperL; 10-14-14 at 02:01 PM.

  4. #324
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,817

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Quote it as is and without your commentary, or not at all. You may not change the quote and attribute it to me. I bet you mention something about "facts" without ever presenting any in four out of the five next posts.
    called it! I knew you would dodge the question lol
    now back on topic do you have anythign to support your failed and proven wrong claims? please bring the to the table, thanks
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #325
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    called it! I knew you would dodge the question lol
    Hah! Still four more posts to go, can you go that long without invoking your "facts"? I dodged nothing as all can see. Quote what I wrote and nothing more or don't attach my name to it. That simple.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    Not sure how those dots connect - according to you, 90% of countries still ban SSM=====> bans not based on bigotry. Heck, in many of those countries the bigotry is overt, expressed through criminal prohibitions on homosexual conduct, punishable by jail or death.

    Maybe we're working with different definitions of the word "bigotry." We're using the term as it's defined in the dictionary, and you're making up your own definition.
    Close. According to me OVER 90% OF THE WORLD. Over 90% of the world's population. Over 90% of the countries. And of those very small handful of countries trying this insane social experiment, none have done it for more than 15 years in all of modern history. This is a new type of insanity in this 21st century and although it has spread the percentage of people or nations afflicted with it are still in single digits.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  7. #327
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I am not interested in excluding people based on their sexual preference. I am interested in marriage staying the sensible institution it has always been (for the most part), as a union of the opposite sex. Homosexual marriage makes no sense at all and is, in fact, an oxymoron.
    Serious question:
    Why? Why does it matter if two adult dudes want to sign a piece of paper? They're adults, they want to do it, in what universe does that impact you?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #328
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,830

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Close. According to me OVER 90% OF THE WORLD. Over 90% of the world's population. Over 90% of the countries. And of those very small handful of countries trying this insane social experiment, none have done it for more than 15 years in all of modern history. This is a new type of insanity in this 21st century and although it has spread the percentage of people or nations afflicted with it are still in single digits.

    So what?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #329
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,834

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Close. According to me OVER 90% OF THE WORLD. Over 90% of the world's population. Over 90% of the countries. And of those very small handful of countries trying this insane social experiment, none have done it for more than 15 years in all of modern history. This is a new type of insanity in this 21st century and although it has spread the percentage of people or nations afflicted with it are still in single digits.
    How does any of that address my point, or demonstrate the bans are based on something other than bigotry?

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Close. According to me OVER 90% OF THE WORLD. Over 90% of the world's population. Over 90% of the countries. And of those very small handful of countries trying this insane social experiment, none have done it for more than 15 years in all of modern history. This is a new type of insanity in this 21st century and although it has spread the percentage of people or nations afflicted with it are still in single digits.
    Yes, because we need to look up to countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, CHina, and North Korea for moral guidance.

    There is no insanity, just old pricks that have an archaic mindset of the 1950s that try to pawn off that view on their children to continue bigotry.

Page 33 of 83 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •