Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #271
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    No one has made an argument that you should be able to marry your cat or your dog or the sex doll you have in the closet (these "whats") or children who society has a duty to protect and who the law recognizes in 100 ways aren't capable of making informed choices, especially when it comes to sex and marriage. Those are nice, inviting straw men pulled out by people like you floundering for an argument not based on bigotry.

    The SSM debate is about two consenting adults, people just like you with emotions like you and a desire for love and intimacy like you, who want to make a commitment to one another same as straight couples. At least have the courtesy to address the subject head on.
    I did address the subject head on. Homosexuals have the same rights everyone else has. The person who didn't come at this head on was the one that said that if you don't have the right to marry whatever gives you a chubby then you don't have equal rights and I pointed out that was wrong.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  2. #272
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    That's BS. No one is making the assertion that people have a right to marry "WHATever" they have feelings for. These are people - adults - in consensual, loving relationships.
    The quote was: "Homosexuals do not have the right to marry who they genuinely love and are sexually attracted to, unlike heterosexuals. So no, they don't have the same rights. Try again.".

    And I merely pointed out that pedophiles don't get to marry who they "genuinely love and are sexually attracted to", either. So much for the "rights" issue.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #273
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Crovax View Post
    The word marriage has religious connotations that is why the gays refused to accept civil unions. The act and benefits might be secular but the gays dont want that they want the word
    Religions do not own marriage just because they use the term too.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #274
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    I understand that you don't think other people's definition of marriage should be forced on you but what you don't seem to get is that other people don't want your definition of marriage forced on them, either, and to most sane people in this world, a marriage isn't a marriage unless it has one member of BOTH sexes.
    Problem is that your definition of marriage is discriminatory and mine isn't. You are wanting to exclude people based on their sexual preference and I do not.

    And do not speak for other people or think that what you think about gay weddings is any more sane or insane as people who support gay weddings.

    And no, most people in this world (in a lot of countries) do not thing marriage should be between 2 parties of differing sexes. In fact, the latest polls in the US show that about 56% of Americans are polled in favor of same sex marriages. Majorities are in a lot of countries who have gay marriage now.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  5. #275
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    1.)The "pedophile card" isn't weak at all if the argument is that people should be allowed to marry whatever they love and want to have sex with. It might not be an argument against homosexual marriage

    2.) but it's certainly proof that there's no right to marry whatever you want to have sex with and that was the argument I was responding to.
    1.)not only is it weak its laughable, once that mentally retarded analogy is brought up one loses all readability on the subject. Everybody educated and honest just laughs at it
    rape =/= marriage
    you analogy fails LOL

    2.) nobody made that claim lol another failed lie.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #276
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Homosexuals have the same rights everyone else has.
    as usual facts and court cases prove your statement wrong
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #277
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The "pedophile card" isn't weak at all if the argument is that people should be allowed to marry whatever they love and want to have sex with. It might not be an argument against homosexual marriage, but it's certainly proof that there's no right to marry whatever you want to have sex with and that was the argument I was responding to.
    I just gave you the reason why that's not actually a slippery slope.

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    The quote was: "Homosexuals do not have the right to marry who they genuinely love and are sexually attracted to, unlike heterosexuals. So no, they don't have the same rights. Try again.".

    And I merely pointed out that pedophiles don't get to marry who they "genuinely love and are sexually attracted to", either. So much for the "rights" issue.
    Yes, and because preventing this furthers a compelling state interest, unequal treatment of pedophiles passes constitutional tests.
    Same sex marriage bans do not pass this test.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Problem is that your definition of marriage is discriminatory and mine isn't. You are wanting to exclude people based on their sexual preference and I do not.
    I am not interested in excluding people based on their sexual preference. I am interested in marriage staying the sensible institution it has always been (for the most part), as a union of the opposite sex. Homosexual marriage makes no sense at all and is, in fact, an oxymoron.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Homosexuals have the same rights everyone else has.
    Sorry, but that is the EXACT excuse used against interracial marriage at the time. Saying that they had "equal" rights because blacks could marry blacks and whites could marry whites. It's amazing how some cons are ALWAYS on the wrong side of history.

    And no I'm not comparing the struggles of blacks to homosexuals, but in regards to marriage, yes that excuse was used.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Homosexual marriage makes no sense at all and is, in fact, an oxymoron.
    Yes, it does. As usual you are on the wrong side of history. It isn't an oxymoron just because you say it is and the courts and rulings also prove you wrong.

Page 28 of 83 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •