Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 830

Thread: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

  1. #131
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Why were the 13th, 14th and 15th written and ratified? Learn a bit more about the US Constitution and you'll not need to ask that. As for the over 45 judges, yes, they ruled inconsistently with both law and constitution.
    Strict constructionist interpration of the constitution is not the status quo.
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  2. #132
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Why were the 13th, 14th and 15th written and ratified? Learn a bit more about the US Constitution and you'll not need to ask that. As for the over 45 judges, yes, they ruled inconsistently with both law and constitution.
    all 45?!?!?!?!?!
    LMAO
    links? facts?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #133
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Why were the 13th, 14th and 15th written and ratified? Learn a bit more about the US Constitution and you'll not need to ask that. As for the over 45 judges, yes, they ruled inconsistently with both law and constitution.
    I see. So you consider yourself a better judge of the Constitution than the actual judges who are responsible for interpreting the Constitution? And you are a fan of the Ann Coulter argument that the 14th amendment only pertains to slavery and race?

  4. #134
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Why were the 13th, 14th and 15th written and ratified? Learn a bit more about the US Constitution and you'll not need to ask that. As for the over 45 judges, yes, they ruled inconsistently with both law and constitution.
    The 14th was ratified in part to require equal protection of the laws. Not just the laws that clownboy, Internet poster, thinks the writers happened to be thinking about at that time. The idea that the equal protection only applies to racial issues is ludicrous.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #135
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    all 45?!?!?!?!?!
    LMAO
    links? facts?
    Yes, and 45 is a very small fraction of the judicial population btw.

    Now, repeat endlessly something about how you are honest and forthright and have all the facts in response.

  6. #136
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Apparently the voters in the state of Washington - and in many other states - are also rogue/activists.

    Referendum Measure No. 74 Concerns marriage for same-sex couples
    hell the majority of the country has gone rogue and activist then, think last I looked 55% support equal rights/SSM!

    even though that doesnt matter, its just a nice bonus because even if 90% of america was against it, it wouldnt matter just like interracial marriage.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #137
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    43,309

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage | Pew Research Center's Religion & Public Life Project

    QUOTE=shrubnose;1063861248]You're not 'we the people. You're one person and most people in the USA don't agree with your ideas. Read a few polls.[/QUOTE]

    here is a poll by Pew

  8. #138
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I see. So you consider yourself a better judge of the Constitution than the actual judges who are responsible for interpreting the Constitution? And you are a fan of the Ann Coulter argument that the 14th amendment only pertains to slavery and race?
    Yes, because they ARE NOT responsible for interpreting the constitution, they were never given that grant of power, they took it. I'm not familiar with Coulter's arguments, but yes, I do believe the reconstruction amendments were targeted at, you know, reconstruction of the country without slavery.

  9. #139
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,798

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    1.)Yes, and 45 is a very small fraction of the judicial population btw.

    2.)Now, repeat endlessly something about how you are honest and forthright and have all the facts in response.
    1.) so every other judges has ruled a against it? how often does every judge rule on everything? oh thats right another meaningless strawman that provides ZERO support for your failed claims lol
    2.) no need the majority here already see that fact

    still waiting for you to post ONE single fact that supports your claim and makes it true . . . . . ONE
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #140
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Alaska ban on same-sex marriage ruled unconstitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    It was always the state's decision. And hopefully, it will continue to be forever, but it's not looking that way.
    State's rights are being eroded very quickly and to the detriment of this country, as a whole.


    Only to the detriment of the far-right evangelicals who would like to get the US government off of Wall Street's back and into every American bedroom.

    That's not going to happen. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever.

    Wait and see.

Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •