Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63

Thread: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What if I told you there was another virus that kills more people every year than ebola kills in a decade, and that it transmits easier, and that we aren't using any quarantine protocols?
    I practice inpatient internal medicine-I know.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, but this conversation is about ebola developing magical powers to pass through solid objects. So don't talk to me about caution.
    Allowing for the possibility of a more virulent mutation is one of the many things the CDC is currently studying. Where did you do your microbiology, virology, clinical medicine, and pathology studies?

  3. #23
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Yes, but this conversation is about ebola developing magical powers to pass through solid objects. So don't talk to me about caution.

    Are we sure it isn't airborne yet? Or, some people are highly susceptible to get it compared to others?

    Duncan was sweating and having diarrhea prior to his second hospital visit. How come the people living with him didn't get it, yet nobody's wearing any elaborate protective gears?

  4. #24
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,229

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by US Conservative View Post
    I practice inpatient internal medicine-I know.
    Do you need to practice some more?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  5. #25
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,579

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What if I told you there was another virus that kills more people every year than ebola kills in a decade, and that it transmits easier, and that we aren't using any quarantine protocols?
    How many times have we had an ebola outbreak of THIS MAGNITUDE?

    Why is World Health Organization so concerned?

    Did WHO compare that virus you menationed with ebola?

    Okay....I'm curious. What virus is that?

  6. #26
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,229

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    Are we sure it isn't airborne yet? Or, some people are highly susceptible to get it compared to others?

    Duncan was sweating and having diarrhea prior to his second hospital visit. How come the people living with him didn't get it, yet nobody's wearing any elaborate protective gears?
    If it was airborne they would all have been symptomatic by now.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  7. #27
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,229

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by tosca1 View Post
    How many times have we had an ebola outbreak of THIS MAGNITUDE? Why is World Health Organization so concerned?
    Did WHO compare that virus you menationed with ebola?
    One nurse?
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    Do you need to practice some more?
    Of course-thats why its called practice. I dont know any practitioners who would want to do anything less.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    One nurse?
    Thousands in Africa.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Between Athens and Jerusalem
    Last Seen
    05-18-16 @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    33,522

    Re: Breach of protocol led to Ebola outbreak

    Quote Originally Posted by Manc Skipper View Post
    If it was airborne they would all have been symptomatic by now.
    Only in the case that they actually contracted the disease.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •