Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 470

Thread: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

  1. #381
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,210

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I find the entire concept that this has become a partisan issue just bizarre.

    It's an infection control issue. Listen to the WHO and CDC rather than Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. You'll all be better off and work yourselves into a frenzy.
    The CDC said back on October 2cnd, that almost ANY Hospital in the US could handle Ebola patients.

    The CDC told a nurse that treated Duncan that it was OK to board a Aircraft and fly AFTER she started exhibiting symptoms.

    YOU listen to the CDC.

    Its a PARTISAN issue because Libs equate credibility to contradiction and incompetence apparently, and Cons rely on common sense.

  2. #382
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I find the entire concept that this has become a partisan issue just bizarre.

    It's an infection control issue. Listen to the WHO and CDC rather than Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. You'll all be better off and work yourselves into a frenzy.
    I see. So, it is wrong to point out the obvious mistakes made by the CDC, and demonize those who do? Wow.

  3. #383
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,517

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    The CDC said back on October 2cnd, that almost ANY Hospital in the US could handle Ebola patients.

    The CDC told a nurse that treated Duncan that it was OK to board a Aircraft and fly AFTER she started exhibiting symptoms.

    YOU listen to the CDC.

    Its a PARTISAN issue because Libs equate credibility to contradiction and incompetence apparently, and Cons rely on common sense.
    Any hospital can handle Ebola patients. Really. There is a lot of infectious stuff out there - universal precautions handle most very well.

    Look at West Africa! Very few healthcare workers have contracted Ebola despite working with hundreds of patients.

    This is an issue with some US hospitals - they SHOULD be up to the task. I've got to wonder how these nurses got the virus if they used standard precautions. Its not that easily transmissible.

    As far as your second point, I'd like to see a reference on that one. Sounds unbelievable, and from what I recall, stuff that you say that sounds unbelievable usually.... is.

    IMHO, Its partisan because wingnuts are at heart scared of things they dont understand, and they dont understand a whole lot when it comes to science.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  4. #384
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,517

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    I see. So, it is wrong to point out the obvious mistakes made by the CDC, and demonize those who do? Wow.
    Because the CDC is a liberal outfit? LOL.

    Because the wingers are upset about the budget cuts to the CDC and NIH? Oh, wait. Nope.

    Because the wingers like to pretend Obama is somehow running the day to day operations of the CDC? Probably.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #385
    Sage
    countryboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    17,705

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Because the CDC is a liberal outfit? LOL.

    Because the wingers are upset about the budget cuts to the CDC and NIH? Oh, wait. Nope.

    Because the wingers like to pretend Obama is somehow running the day to day operations of the CDC? Probably.
    The director of the CDC is an Obama appointee. Obola has the power to direct the CDC. Oh, I'm sorry, did I use a childish name to highlight the fact that the POTUS actually has the power to direct the CDC? Do you not think the prez should be on top of the Obola situation?

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    A reasonable assumption is well meaning, informed people working to stop the spread of ebola while weighing lots of immense trade offs to any approach that might do so will sometimes disagree. An idiotic assumption is that someone who disagrees with YOU or others wants people in this country or anywhere else to get a deadly disease and die.
    I'm sorry, but there are very specific protocols in place when facing potential epidemics, especially of a virus that kills around 70% of those infected.

    The CDC has been violating those common sense protocols.

    Which would not necessarily stop people from getting into north America, since the us border with Mexico is effectively nonexistent.

  7. #387
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,716

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I'm sorry, but there are very specific protocols in place when facing potential epidemics, especially of a virus that kills around 70% of those infected.

    The CDC has been violating those common sense protocols.

    Which would not necessarily stop people from getting into north America, since the us border with Mexico is effectively nonexistent.
    What does any of that have to do with "liberal progressives want this country to contract this disease?"

    Someone made a ridiculously partisan statement. If you want to argue the merits of the CDC response, that's great, but no need to stupidly insult "liberal progressives'" motives in the process.

  8. #388
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,517

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    I'm sorry, but there are very specific protocols in place when facing potential epidemics, especially of a virus that kills around 70% of those infected.

    The CDC has been violating those common sense protocols.

    Which would not necessarily stop people from getting into north America, since the us border with Mexico is effectively nonexistent.
    I'm sure the CDC would love to hire you as a consultant, since you seem so knowledgable about protocols....
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  9. #389
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I'm sure the CDC would love to hire you as a consultant, since you seem so knowledgable about protocols....
    Given their recent track record... I think you're right.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #390
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    What does any of that have to do with "liberal progressives want this country to contract this disease?"

    Someone made a ridiculously partisan statement. If you want to argue the merits of the CDC response, that's great, but no need to stupidly insult "liberal progressives'" motives in the process.
    Remove the attachment to the label, whether they are left right or neither, the fact remains the same, the government agencies are f@@@ing it up for everyone.



    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I'm sure the CDC would love to hire you as a consultant, since you seem so knowledgable about protocols....
    The protocols are not secret, and it was the cdc that MADE the protocols, so, they are not following their own rules. If this disease mutates to an airborne strain, you could see 100 million Americans dead... (Yes, that's a bit of a worst case scenario) But, given your AGW alarmist stance, you might think that a good thing so that there's less people producing co2.

    Ebola is classified as a bsl-4 contagion, look it up, it's not secret, I know you wouldn't take my word for it, even if I did spoon feed the sources to you, so... Go for it.

Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •