Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 470

Thread: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

  1. #241
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It would be nice to get the truth from the CDC.
    Do you think they are lying? If so, what and why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  2. #242
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Incorrect. It can be transmitted through your mouth, as well as your eye, a mucus membrane(nose) or via a wound.

    Basically if it enters your body in any manner, you are probably going to contract it.

    So a possible scenario would be: guy sneezes on your protective suit, you take it off, accidentally touch the phlegm, then hours later you wipe your mouth, you have ebola.

    Some variation of the above is most likely how the nurse contracted it, unless there is a new means of transmission that has yet to be discovered with this strain
    No...if it goes into your stomach (thru your mouth) it does not survive stomach acids. I mentioned eye. I mentioned wound. Yes, pick your nose and you could transmit it.

    It's not likely....it's very unlikely.They believe the nurse got it thru improper procedures with her gear. It's still pretty much 'contact.'

    Our troops are in less danger than they are in Afghanistan or Iraq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #243
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Let's see what sort of case you make.

    I see no explanation for why dealing with ebola in four African countries is in our national interest. None. So far we completely agree. There is no national interest and therefore sending our troops there is a criminal act.

    The vital national interest was the free flow of oil at market prices.


    I see no argument yet for a vital national interest. By keeping those exposed to ebola out of our country it does not matter what happens with the virus there.


    None of these are American vital national interests. Troops are not required. They should not have been sent.

    This is not a vital national interest either.

    It is clear that one of us has not thought it through. Why don't you and jetboogie get together and see if you can wring a vital national interest out of the air.
    LOLOLOLOL

    I see you need it spelled out. It's not like no one else hasnt written this or discussed it in the media.

    The more people Ebola infects, the more chances it has of mutating to become more virulent or airborne. If the disease becomes more dangerous, esp. more easily transmissable, then it will become much more difficult to control....meaning keeping it out of the US.

    We know about the flu every year. We CANNOT keep it from crossing borders and infecting people all over America.

    Scaling back from the realities of the disease itself, the more we restrict air travel, the more we harm the economy. The more people in this country that fear Ebola, the fewer people go out and spend money. The more cases actually on the ground? The more people stop going to work. Infrastructure suffers, people dont make $ and they dont spend $. This is not rocket science. A true quarantine of communities would be a nightmare, not just economically but it would end up failing and crime and disease would spread. Will our troops fire on our own people? Will the police stay on the job? Will hospital staff? Look at what has just happened. All public servants will go home to try and protect their families.

    I've been reading about this...in science, epidemiology texts, and fiction...for 40 yrs. So far your perspective is limited to a pinhole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #244
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,843

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    In your opinion what is our national interest? You claim you have given a national interest. I have not seen one.

    Has ebola, which we have been aware of since the 1970s, behaved this way? Preventing hyperventilation is not a vital national interest.
    So, the thinking conservative believes that because ebola hasn't yet reached a critical mass, it cannot or will not do so in the future because......why? I'm missing that last bit. It must be because I'm black or a liberal, and you'll explain the rock solid logic behind that nonsensical conclusion.

    The best way to prevent your scarey scenario is for every country to do as I believe we should. Why do you fight against such a low cost, effective solution? My believe is that you are black, a liberal or both. For you this is not about a virus. It is about politics or skin color.
    LMAO.....

  5. #245
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    You do realize that Obama CAN NOT close the border, block people from coming. It's goes contrary to his policy of inclusiveness, everyone can benefit from us tax dollars, and closing off the borders, well, that would require bringing back most us troops from abroad because there's a lot of border to patrol.

    Also, technically, it's the NAU, and the border is the common border between us, Canada and Mexico, but that's not really very well known yet.

  6. #246
    Sage
    truthatallcost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Posts
    12,323

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    A medically trained nurse got Ebola. She was probably using an air mask, rubber gloves, and other preventive gear. If all that still fails to prevent the spread, then we're dealing with something that is well above our understanding as far as how we view infectious diseases. STOP ALL AIR TRAVEL FROM WEST AFRICA NOW!

    If we don't stop air travel from west Africa, it will likely be the areas with heavy concentrations of African Americans that will be hit hardest, due to the fact that African immigrants tend to settle in African American communities. Obama should at least feel some obligation to protect the people who directly elected him.

  7. #247
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    I dont see anything wrong with that but it wont fix it. We'd have to do the same to flights from other countries as those travelling from W. Africa could just come thru those countries (altho some countries are restricting those flights too).
    Who cares about the places? Deny access to people who have recently been to ebola country.

  8. #248
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    "Let's see what sort of case you make.

    I see no explanation for why dealing with ebola in four African countries is in our national interest. None. So far we completely agree. There is no national interest and therefore sending our troops there is a criminal act.

    The vital national interest was the free flow of oil at market prices.


    I see no argument yet for a vital national interest. By keeping those exposed to ebola out of our country it does not matter what happens with the virus there.


    None of these are American vital national interests. Troops are not required. They should not have been sent.

    This is not a vital national interest either.

    It is clear that one of us has not thought it through. Why don't you and jetboogie get together and see if you can wring a vital national interest out of the air."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    LOLOLOLOL

    I see you need it spelled out. It's not like no one else hasnt written this or discussed it in the media.

    The more people Ebola infects, the more chances it has of mutating to become more virulent or airborne. If the disease becomes more dangerous, esp. more easily transmissable, then it will become much more difficult to control....meaning keeping it out of the US.
    Is there a vital national interest hidden in this manure that compels The One to send American military to ebola country? I do not see it. What mission will the troops accomplish that advances our strategy to achieve our political goals?

    We know about the flu every year. We CANNOT keep it from crossing borders and infecting people all over America.
    So where should we send our troops to combat the flu?

    Are you seriously trying to make an argument that because one disease is already here we should not stop a far worse one from being introduced for political reasons?

    Scaling back from the realities of the disease itself, the more we restrict air travel, the more we harm the economy.
    I see. So if we prevent 150 people per day from coming to the nation from ebola country our economy is doomed?

    The more people in this country that fear Ebola, the fewer people go out and spend money. The more cases actually on the ground? The more people stop going to work. Infrastructure suffers, people dont make $ and they dont spend $. This is not rocket science.
    That is okay. I can tell that you are no rocket scientist. In your opinion does allowing 150 additional potential ebola carriers into the country every day increase fears or decrease fears. Ponder that for a few moments. Will our bridges collapse and the roads crumble if we do not let an additional 150 potential ebola carriers into the country every day? Will sending 4,000 of our American military to be exposed to ebola increase fears or diminish them?

    A true quarantine of communities would be a nightmare, not just economically but it would end up failing and crime and disease would spread.
    And magically, you go off the rails into fantasy land...I wonder why?

    Will our troops fire on our own people? Will the police stay on the job? Will hospital staff? Look at what has just happened. All public servants will go home to try and protect their families.
    Having failed to accomplish your mission of describing the vital national interest that compels the Golfer to send American troops to ebola country you have lapsed into a strange fantasy of your own design. Bravo. Bravo, I say!

    I've been reading about this...in science, epidemiology texts, and fiction...for 40 yrs.
    What did you learn?

    So far your perspective is limited to a pinhole.
    And yet, despite making it perfectly clear that you know there is a vital national interest in sending American troops to ebola country where they will be exposed to the virus, you are unable to make a case.

  9. #249
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    So, the thinking conservative believes that because ebola hasn't yet reached a critical mass, it cannot or will not do so in the future because......why? I'm missing that last bit. It must be because I'm black or a liberal, and you'll explain the rock solid logic behind that nonsensical conclusion.
    If the vital national interest that compels The One to pause his golf game long enough to send American troops to ebola country will you come to grips with it and share it?

    Ebola has not spread worldwide in the past. Is your fantasy that it might do it this time? If so is it more likely to be spread if we allow 150 potential ebola infected people into the US every day, or less likely?

    Why not just admit that you have no argument for why this is in our national interest? Why not just admit that the Golfer sent American troops because he does not like American troops? Why not just admit that the Anti-American knows that sending a brigade to Africa will lower our ability to use the military for what it is actually for?

    Why not just admit that you like Obama's politic?

  10. #250
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    It's hard to believe that somebody ill enough to be diagnosed with ebola would feel like flying to the US, then go to the hospital and accept the hospital sending him home. You think he would have insisted they treat him for a deadly disease he knew he had.
    He wasn't ill when he came here and wasn't ill on the plane. Remember it takes up to 21 days to exhibit symptoms.

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •