Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 470

Thread: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

  1. #161
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    And you don't think it reflects very poorly on Duncan's intellect that he flew to Liberia when there's been reports for three months of an Ebola outbreak?
    I know nothing at all about his intellect. My understanding is that he lied when asked about possible exposure. If immigration policies ard adherred to, and immigrants provide accurate information, there should be no reason for concern.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #162
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by truthatallcost View Post
    I wonder what's wrong with Americans today that they can't see the importance of protecting American citizens from a plague. Maybe they're worried that by restricting travel from west Africa, we're moving in the direction of putting a limit on immigration, if that's the case then please put your own politics aside and understand that there comes a time when you have to protect yourself.
    I have no problem with halting immigration, especially from Africa.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  3. #163
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    A hospital doesn't have the power to do that. We can isolate a patient that is admitted for care, but we can't isolate families, friends, or other people that the person has come into contact with. Besides that, and as I said earlier, the guy reportedly lied on the paperwork that he filled out prior to coming here. There is no reason to think that ebola was here, if the travel was legal. Just because he was from Liberia, there was no reason to think he had ebola, assuming that his travel was legitimate.
    He should have never been allowed in the US because of where he came from, period. That he was allowed to come here, Ebola is here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  4. #164
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    He should have never been allowed in the US because of where he came from, period. That he was allowed to come here, Ebola is here too.
    Well, I will repeat (once again) stopping immigration is fine with me. My point is that there was no reasonable suspicion of ebola, if proper immigration policies had been followed.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #165
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You keep ignoring the fact that Ebola is not contagious when the carrier is not showing symptoms.
    You seem to think being non-symptomatic is no big deal. If you have Ebola, the symptoms will eventually appear.

    Dressing like this to prevent the transmission of the virus didn't seem to help. Just ask the health care provider in Texas.

    RT_ebola_health_workers_jt_141012_16x9_992.jpg
    Last edited by Μολὼν λαβέ; 10-13-14 at 01:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  6. #166
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    The US has treated patients prior to Duncan, and none of those healthcare workers contracted ebola. The matter needs to be researched. At what stage did the nurse treat him? Did she treat him before or after he was diagnosed and sent home?

    Also note, the media is known for blowing stories like this out of proportion. A few months ago it was camel flu or something like that from mostly Arab nations, and before that, it was swine flu.
    Seems like you would know the answer to your question before posting it.

    So a medical professional contracting Ebola is blowing this story out of proportion? You need to keep up.

    She treated Duncan, the Ebola patient, after his second visit to the emergency room, on Sept. 28, and was “following full CDC precautions,” including wearing a gown, gloves, a mask and a protective face shield.

    A CDC epidemiologist has interviewed her, and, so far, there is only one other person who may have had contact with the worker since the symptoms developed, and that individual is under active monitoring, Frieden said.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/p...ive-for-ebola/

    Interesting how the interviewer didn't mention a breach of protocol regarding the nurse treating an Ebola patient. I wonder why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  7. #167
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Μολὼν λαβέ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    09-29-17 @ 11:22 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,914

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Well, I will repeat (once again) stopping immigration is fine with me. My point is that there was no reasonable suspicion of ebola, if proper immigration policies had been followed.
    Sure there was, he came from a country known to have transmission of the virus. This is Ebola, not a head cold.

    Some people just don't seem to understand the magnitude of this contagen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Generalizations are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Steel View Post
    The Second Amendment has nothing to do with guns.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-09-15 @ 08:15 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,023

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I know nothing at all about his intellect. My understanding is that he lied when asked about possible exposure. If immigration policies ard adherred to, and immigrants provide accurate information, there should be no reason for concern.
    "Immigrants provide accurate information".........that's funny, I don' care who you are.......won't have to watch Jimmy Fallon tonight to get my laughs. Are there seriously people this naive out there......God help us all Tiny Tim.....

  9. #169
    Guru
    brothern's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,175
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I have no problem with halting immigration, especially from Africa.
    That would be disasterous. It would spark massive public panic in and out of the US, cost our economy dearly and practically kill our image and influence worldwide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Dressing like this to prevent the transmission of the virus didn't seem to help. Just ask the health care provider in Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Μολὼν λαβέ View Post
    Some people just don't seem to understand the magnitude of this contagen.
    Ha! Ask any doctor: Procedures just aren't followed in hospitals. Why do you think medical errors are the third leading cause of death in America? To err is to be human, and no one, medical professional or otherwise, takes procedures seriously enough. The caretakers who got sick weren't let down by their equipment, but made stupid mistakes, like touching their face.

    Futhermore of course no one is panicking. Obviously. Ebola is a weak virus that is killed by soap and water. Hepatitis, for example, is far more durable and I'd be far more worried about that. A nickname of ebola, the "Caretaker's virus," stems from how it is only transmitted via bodily fluids. Thus it's tendency to only infect caregivers, who are working with the sick.

    The only reason Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guiana are struggling is because they're among the most dysfunctional and poorest countries in Africa. Their medical facilites don't have running water. Compare that to the cases imported into Nigeria, which beat out ebola in a pinch.
    Help fight Zika, TB, HIV/AIDs and water pollution by donating your CPU's excess processing time to scientific research.
    A self-serving billionaire engaging in historically massive personal corruption #NotMyPresident

  10. #170
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,868

    Re: Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive for Ebola

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    With all of our power and might we are never prepared - it is quite pathetic.
    Yup...Spanish flu, Pearl Harbor, 9/11, Ebola...all pathetic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •