Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Beatiality, polygamy and pedophia on that list? How about ritualist cannibalism?
    More slippery slope nonsense from someone that is losing the SSM argument.

  2. #762
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Oh my God. This must be what its like in the Twilight Zone. I gave you a definition and an example and you just pretend like nothing has happened. Look dude, believe whatever you want. Call everything a straw man, what the hell do I care. Every time I get into a conversation with you I want to kick myself for doing so. So you go back to misunderstanding simple definitions and Ill go kick myself for wasting my time
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    true im not he might have been referring to gay people and ssm in general though
    Then he's misrepresenting my post.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  3. #763
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Over the edge...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,139

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The mayor of Houston (who is Gay) just tried to pass a law that would restrict what ministers and priests could say from the pulpit regarding homosexuality. So don't tell me laws aren't created specifically for Gays.
    No that is a lie on both counts.

  4. #764
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Oh my God. This must be what its like in the Twilight Zone. I gave you a definition and an example and you just pretend like nothing has happened. Look dude, believe whatever you want. Call everything a straw man, what the hell do I care. Every time I get into a conversation with you I want to kick myself for doing so. So you go back to misunderstanding simple definitions and Ill go kick myself for wasting my time
    once again, why does YOUR opinion of the definition trump facts and Websters dictionary?


    facts remains, you posted a failed strawman that nobody educated, honest and objective buys
    the fact you posted a strawman wont change no matter how desperately you try to deflect
    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #765
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,135

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Oh my God. This must be what its like in the Twilight Zone. I gave you a definition and an example and you just pretend like nothing has happened. Look dude, believe whatever you want. Call everything a straw man, what the hell do I care. Every time I get into a conversation with you I want to kick myself for doing so. So you go back to misunderstanding simple definitions and Ill go kick myself for wasting my time
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    More slippery slope nonsense from someone that is losing the SSM argument.
    I asked "how far will it go" and got no answer (including from you)

    50 years ago, no one expected Gays and Ssm to be normalized or legal.

    My point is as valid as it gets.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #766
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,078

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The mayor of Houston (who is Gay) just tried to pass a law that would restrict what ministers and priests could say from the pulpit regarding homosexuality. So don't tell me laws aren't created specifically for Gays.
    seems to be demanding for a recording of what they say rather then limiting what they say but maybe that is going to far

  7. #767
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    The mayor of Houston (who is Gay) just tried to pass a law that would restrict what ministers and priests could say from the pulpit regarding homosexuality. So don't tell me laws aren't created specifically for Gays.
    Somehow I doubt this is true, but if it is, then that is wrong. I could care less what ministers say to their congregations.

    That being said, I highly doubt the law just covered what was being said against gays. I'm willing to bet it was much more general than that.

    Do you happen to have a link to the actual law that he was trying to pass (and not some right-wing or Christian blog/website that likely doesn't give all relevant information)? I would like to see the actual full text of the attempted legislation.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #768
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I asked "how far will it go" and got no answer (including from you)

    50 years ago, no one expected Gays and Ssm to be normalized or legal.

    My point is as valid as it gets.
    it actually has no validity at all based on law and rights, ignore that fact if you want but it wont go away lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #769
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,078

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And religion CANNOT be proven as fact, therefore should not be used to decide law STRICTLY on religion alone.
    is it even legal to make a law simply to compel others to follow part of your faith?

  10. #770
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I asked "how far will it go" and got no answer (including from you)

    50 years ago, no one expected Gays and Ssm to be normalized or legal.

    My point is as valid as it gets.
    How far will it go if we allow you folks to dictate SSM? Will you then force people to pray in school, give money to the church, pray to your god, etc? I mean we have seen in the past how religious nuts like to control the lives of people in the name of God. See I can do slippery slopes as well.

    Again, playing idiotic slippery slope games is stupid. The issue at hand is this. Being homosexual is not illegal, a homosexual act is not illegal, and homosexuals raising children is not illegal. Therefore it is stupid to not allow SSM.

Page 77 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •