Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #751
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) false dictionary definition with link proves your statments wrong TWICE now lol
    by definition you in fact made a strawman argument

    facts and the dictionary support my statement what do you have on your side again?

    2.) this is ANOTHER strawman because I didnt claim you said that, I made an analogy that proved your original failed straw man to be even more wrong.
    facts win again, tell us that "silly" line again LMAO

    try to keep up
    Look dude, if you want to continue to look foolish by misusing a term, that's your business. But here is a definition and an easy to read example to help you better understand the word and to identify it when it actually happens. And, no, I don't expect you to get it.

    The straw man fallacy involves misrepresenting an opponent’s position to make it easier to refute. Straw man arguments often oversimplify opposing views or disregard inconvenient points in favor of points that are easy to argue against.

    Examples

    In many instances, the person committing the straw man fallacy highlights the most extreme position of the opposing side—for example:
    ◾Opposing argument: Teens should be taught about contraception methods so they can practice safe sex should they choose to have intercourse.
    ◾Straw man argument: Proponents of sex education want to give kids license to have sex with no consequences.

  2. #752
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Look dude, if you want to continue to look foolish by misusing a term, that's your business. But here is a definition and an easy to read example to help you better understand the word and to identify it when it actually happens. And, no, I don't expect you to get it.

    The straw man fallacy involves misrepresenting an opponent’s position to make it easier to refute. Straw man arguments often oversimplify opposing views or disregard inconvenient points in favor of points that are easy to argue against.

    Examples

    In many instances, the person committing the straw man fallacy highlights the most extreme position of the opposing side—for example:
    ◾Opposing argument: Teens should be taught about contraception methods so they can practice safe sex should they choose to have intercourse.
    ◾Straw man argument: Proponents of sex education want to give kids license to have sex with no consequences.
    the dictionary and already prove you wrong, there's no changing this fact
    Ill go with Websters over your opinion and failed strawman, you know since its silly and foolish to use facts and the definition of a word. No need to lash out and name call because your argument failed and it was factually exposed as a strawman.

    would you like them AGAIN?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063868729
    : a weak or imaginary argument or opponent that is set up to be easily defeated

    do you have one solid reason why i should ignore facts and the dictionary, if so please provide it now LMAO

    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #753
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,208

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I'm refuting those that claim religion as fact. This thread is about Same Sex Marriage licenses, not religion.
    What are most opponants of SSM?


    Religious
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #754
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    the dictionary and already prove you wrong, there's no changing this fact
    Ill go with Websters over your opinion and failed strawman, you know since its silly and foolish to use facts and the definition of a word. No need to lash out and name call because your argument failed and it was factually exposed as a strawman.

    would you like them AGAIN?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1063868729
    : a weak or imaginary argument or opponent that is set up to be easily defeated

    do you have one solid reason why i should ignore facts and the dictionary, if so please provide it now LMAO

    facts win again
    Oh my God. This must be what its like in the Twilight Zone. I gave you a definition and an example and you just pretend like nothing has happened. Look dude, believe whatever you want. Call everything a straw man, what the hell do I care. Every time I get into a conversation with you I want to kick myself for doing so. So you go back to misunderstanding simple definitions and Ill go kick myself for wasting my time

  5. #755
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,208

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    There you go again preaching God as if it were fact. Look, you are entitled to YOUR opinion. Live YOUR life the way YOU want to live it. Don't tell others that are gay what they can and cannot do. Maybe you should spend more time worrying about YOUR sins than some homosexuals getting married.
    I don't believe blarg is gay and the subject ..as you said, is SSM so, I'll worry about that for time being.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #756
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,108

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I don't believe blarg is gay and the subject ..as you said, is SSM so, I'll worry about that for time being.
    true im not he might have been referring to gay people and ssm in general though

  7. #757
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,208

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    They're not creating any laws here. They are striking restrictions within laws down. This places those laws in a state where they are not restrictive, which in the case of marriage, means that anyone who was restricted legally from entering into marriage due to the specific restriction that was struck down as unconstitutional, can now enter into it because there is no longer a valid restriction preventing them from doing so.
    The mayor of Houston (who is Gay) just tried to pass a law that would restrict what ministers and priests could say from the pulpit regarding homosexuality. So don't tell me laws aren't created specifically for Gays.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  8. #758
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    What are most opponants of SSM?


    Religious
    And religion CANNOT be proven as fact, therefore should not be used to decide law STRICTLY on religion alone.

  9. #759
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I don't believe blarg is gay and the subject ..as you said, is SSM so, I'll worry about that for time being.
    Yes, the subject is SSM and you have said you want to force YOUR beliefs on others. That is authoritarian.

  10. #760
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,208

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Many already are, you simply don't recognize it.

    Many would consider bondage deviant behavior, and it is legal so long as it is consensual. Many would consider S&M deviant behavior, yet it is legal, at least to a point and again as long as it is consensual. Swinging, fetishes (at least some), and crossdressing, all considered by many to be deviant behavior, and all are legal (as I said, the fetishes to a point, it depends on the particular fetish, but most are legal). Others consider interracial or interfaith relationships to be deviant behaviors, they are legal. Some consider sex before marriage or masturbation to be deviant behaviors. Guess what? Both are legal.

    It ends where the majority/state can show a legitimate (at least) state interest is furthered by restricting that behavior.
    Bestiality, polygamy and pedophia on that list? How about ritualistic cannibalism?

    You know exactly where I'm going here.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Page 76 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •