Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #741
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    You have been told all of you life that it harms no one and is perfectly natural when in reality it harms us all in God's eyes
    There you go again preaching God as if it were fact. Look, you are entitled to YOUR opinion. Live YOUR life the way YOU want to live it. Don't tell others that are gay what they can and cannot do. Maybe you should spend more time worrying about YOUR sins than some homosexuals getting married.

  2. #742
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,036

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Doesn't sound like they'll learn enough about any particular one to get the true gist, much less put into practice.

    But hey, half-assed learning is trendy.
    You can believe what you like about what my children will be taught, but they are my children, so it really isn't your business.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #743
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,286

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    100% false and this strawman has been destroyed many times by many posters

    Rape isnt in the constitution either, guess thats up to the states to decided. See how silly that is.
    Do you even know what a straw man is? It seems not since you are using it wrong. And one would not expect rape to be listed in the Constitution as a right, since it isn't one.

  4. #744
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,036

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I missed the part where they can create law.

    They can send the law back to the state, tell them to write another law, they can't make the law themselves. That's what legislatures do.
    They're not creating any laws here. They are striking restrictions within laws down. This places those laws in a state where they are not restrictive, which in the case of marriage, means that anyone who was restricted legally from entering into marriage due to the specific restriction that was struck down as unconstitutional, can now enter into it because there is no longer a valid restriction preventing them from doing so.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #745
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,036

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Allowing SSM for one. Changing other laws to include all sorts of perverse practices.
    Doesn't treat homosexuals any differently than heterosexuals because there is no test of sexuality or even question concerning it on the marriage license. Anyone, straight, gay, bi, questioning, or even asexual can get married to either someone of the same sex or someone of the opposite sex. There is no special treatment there.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #746
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,036

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Where does it end?
    Are you willing to accept [make equal] every form of deviant behavior?
    Many already are, you simply don't recognize it.

    Many would consider bondage deviant behavior, and it is legal so long as it is consensual. Many would consider S&M deviant behavior, yet it is legal, at least to a point and again as long as it is consensual. Swinging, fetishes (at least some), and crossdressing, all considered by many to be deviant behavior, and all are legal (as I said, the fetishes to a point, it depends on the particular fetish, but most are legal). Others consider interracial or interfaith relationships to be deviant behaviors, they are legal. Some consider sex before marriage or masturbation to be deviant behaviors. Guess what? Both are legal.

    It ends where the majority/state can show a legitimate (at least) state interest is furthered by restricting that behavior.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #747
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    same old stale aplles and oranges and insult to African Americans to make the comparison...Inter racial is male and female.........SSM is not....Huge difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Again there is nothing in the 14th amendment about SSM or any other kinds of marriage, including multiple partners, dogs, etc.
    See, when you anti-SSM people make up arguments as you go, this is what happens. You end up contradicting yourselves. The reason you have to make up arguments as you go is because you don't really have an argument in the first place. Your entire argument is "My religion says it's wrong." That's it. That's everything. Every other argument you make is just an attempt to retroactively justify your opinion.

    You said the 14th doesn't mention SSM, therefore the 14th doesn't apply. But when I point out that the 14th doesn't mention interracial marriage, you refuse to acknowledge it. You just dodge. The 14th amendment doesn't mention interracial marriage. Either this means the 14th amendment doesn't cover interracial marriage, or your previous logic is wrong. But you'll never admit that.


    Similarly, people like you often make the procreation argument. Gays can't marry, because they can't have kids! But then when it's pointed out that infertile and elderly couples can't have kids, you refuse to apply this reasoning to their marriages. And you'll refuse to acknowledge that the procreation argument was flawed.


    Because you don't have a real argument. You're making it up as you go. That's why you're never consistent on the subject.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #748
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    1.)Do you even know what a straw man is? It seems not since you are using it wrong. And one would not expect rape to be listed in the Constitution as a right, since it isn't one.
    1.) sure do, here the definition:
    : a weak or imaginary argument or opponent that is set up to be easily defeated
    Straw man - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    2.) well since your statement fits perfectly into the definition I used it 100% correct
    your argument is that marriage is not in the constitution therefore its not a right and a states issue.

    well that is in fact a weak and imaginary argument since the word marriage factually does not have to be in there to be a right LMAO
    the bannings were a LAW therefore has MANY court cases ruled it falls under the 14th and it violated it.

    Facts win again

    3.) you mean people don't have the right to be free of rape? so then a state could vote to make it legal right?
    more proof that your strawman is a failure
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #749
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,286

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    1.) sure do, here the definition:
    : a weak or imaginary argument or opponent that is set up to be easily defeated
    Straw man - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    2.) well since your statement fits perfectly into the definition I used it 100% correct
    your argument is that marriage is not in the constitution therefore its not a right and a states issue.

    well that is in fact a weak and imaginary argument since the word marriage factually does not have to be in there to be a right LMAO
    the bannings were a LAW therefore has MANY court cases ruled it falls under the 14th and it violated it.

    Facts win again
    Perhaps you might try providing some then. My argument was not a straw man, you simply don't understand your own definition. Let me help you so that you don't continue to misuse it over and over and over again. A straw man fallacy would be me arguing against something you didn't say. That isn't what is happening. Every argument you disagree with you label a straw man and it makes you look silly.

    3.) you mean people don't have the right to be free of rape? so then a state could vote to make it legal right?
    more proof that your strawman is a failure
    Now here is an example of you employing a straw man. I never claimed a state could make rape legal, nor that because a right isn't enumerated in the Constitution that it, therefore, isn't a right.

  10. #750
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,831

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    1.)Perhaps you might try providing some then. My argument was not a straw man, you simply don't understand your own definition. Let me help you so that you don't continue to misuse it over and over and over again. A straw man fallacy would be me arguing against something you didn't say. That isn't what is happening. Every argument you disagree with you label a straw man and it makes you look silly.

    2.)Now here is an example of you employing a straw man. I never claimed a state could make rape legal, nor that because a right isn't enumerated in the Constitution that it, therefore, isn't a right.
    1.) false dictionary definition with link proves your statments wrong TWICE now lol
    by definition you in fact made a strawman argument

    facts and the dictionary support my statement what do you have on your side again?

    2.) this is ANOTHER strawman because I didnt claim you said that, I made an analogy that proved your original failed straw man to be even more wrong.
    facts win again, tell us that "silly" line again LMAO

    try to keep up
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 75 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •