Page 74 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #731
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    I missed the part where they can create law.

    They can send the law back to the state, tell them to write another law, they can't make the law themselves. That's what legislatures do.
    no law was created, again repeating this strawman is a failure, if you disagree tell us the law
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #732
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    1.) You violate MY rights, who do I see about that?

    You're about to find out.
    1.) this doesnt violate your rights in anyway
    2.) it leads to made up strawman in your posts
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #733
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    We are discussing South Carolina, not the entire country
    And yet you just said this:

    "I say put it to a nationwide vote and we will see just who is in the majority."

    Translation: if the national majority opposes SSM, make it illegal nationwide; if the majority supports it...err, let's leave it up to the south carolina majority! In fact, this epitomizes the process of attempting federal legislation under Bush II and circumventing the support within individual states, and now that mike huckabee trying to pass amendment leaving it to the states. Suddenly, now that most of the country supports SSM, the homophobes are trying to hide behind "states' rights"

    What i've definitely noticed is a trend of gay haters constantly shifting their conditions for legal SSM. Fact is, they'll always find some reason to outlaw it, because once again, the law or the constitution is not their concern, only ****ting on minorities they don't like.

  4. #734
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    seems to me if something is being called a sin and it doesn't hurt people or wrong them then the alleged sin is not bad but the belief that it is a sin is what's wrong
    Yes, that's a conundrum for those who don't embrace the knowledge God has passed to us.

    You have been told all of you life that it harms no one and is perfectly natural when in reality it harms us all in God's eyes
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  5. #735
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,214

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    how will faith lead to truth and not just believing what I want?
    That's why it's called faith...it has set guidelines and promises a happy ending.

    like I said earlier,some people have no knowledge of God's words yet he lives in their hearts and they do good in their lives because of it. Others need a blueprint, set of boundaries, salvation 101 for dummies manual to guide their lives in Christ.

    FWIW it doesn't necessarily have to be Christianity.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  6. #736
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Yes, that's a conundrum for those who don't embrace the knowledge God has passed to us.

    You have been told all of you life that it harms no one and is perfectly natural when in reality it harms us all in God's eyes
    no one had to tell me I have family an friends that are gay

    being attracted to the same gender doesn't do anything to me it dissent appear to do anything to gay people

    so if it causes harm where is the evidence? iv been told the same thing you have to say all my life to it doesn't seem to be true so can you show that it is?

  7. #737
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    That's why it's called faith...it has set guidelines and promises a happy ending.

    like I said earlier,some people have no knowledge of God's words yet he lives in their hearts and they do good in their lives because of it. Others need a blueprint, set of boundaries, salvation 101 for dummies manual to guide their lives in Christ.

    FWIW it doesn't necessarily have to be Christianity.
    faith seems to cause good and evil then with no guarantee of accuracy seems better not rely on it

  8. #738
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    treeing others like you want to be treated sounds like a good idea though and I don't want people to condemn me and what I do based on faith

  9. #739
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    I've been very sick in my life so that almost applies. Before I found God I was a hopeless mess.
    I was referring now, your views are sicker than any homosexual I know.

  10. #740
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Why are you even in this discussion if you believe in nothing? Are you arguing the evidence of absence?

    You know you can't prove a negative.
    I'm refuting those that claim religion as fact. This thread is about Same Sex Marriage licenses, not religion.

Page 74 of 110 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •