Page 53 of 110 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #521
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,054

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Defining sex as a marriage between a male and a female, the joining of opposite sexes, is a matter of common sense more than "divine law".
    "Common sense" is just another term for "opinion I think should be shared by everybody else."

  2. #522
    Sage
    Papa bull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    06-25-15 @ 01:35 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    6,927

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    "Common sense" is just another term for "opinion I think should be shared by everybody else."
    Some things are too obvious for people not to get. This is one of those things.
    You can't reason anyone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into in the first place.

  3. #523
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    What were they teaching your child that is so against your religion. Can you be specific? I mean 8 hours of brainwashing a day is a lot of information .
    It wasn't all offending of religion . Lots of revisionist history, bad science, PC crap, etc.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  4. #524
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,054

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Some things are too obvious for people not to get. This is one of those things.
    "Obvious" is just another word for "I'm not able to rationally explain why my belief is true."

  5. #525
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Papa bull View Post
    Defining sex as a marriage between a male and a female, the joining of opposite sexes, is a matter of common sense more than "divine law".
    facts?

    ZERO

    please list these facts that make it common sense LOL i cat wait to read them
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #526
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,015

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by WCH View Post
    Same to you!
    See, you don't get to teach my children your religious beliefs in school because you don't have any facts/evidence to back them up.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  7. #527
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,015

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    What is your holy book?
    God According to Christian because I put more trust and belief in what a child I know says about God than men from the past 2000 years who were ignorant, power hungry, and misguided.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #528
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well you are correct, you "can" say it, it just means you are wrong.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/religi...post1063196439

    See post #41, part 3.

  9. #529
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Never said they were, but you posted as if implying that making it legal for same sex couples to marry is just a political movement. It isn't just a political movement, but still involves politics because politics and the law pretty much coexist.

    Same sex relationships/marriages are just as much about sex as opposite sex, interracial, same race, interfaith, same faith, and no faith relationships/marriages are. Those fighting for same sex couples to be able to marry legally are not the ones reducing anyone's relationships/marriages to a sex life, that would be you.

    There is nothing counterproductive to stating the facts here. You have no evidence that it is counterproductive either, since the trend obviously shows that same sex relationships/marriages are becoming more and more supported, not less.
    If there's a majority that believes that it's because they'v we been conditioned to the same tripe as you and others here.

    Follow Satan much?
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

  10. #530
    Sage
    WCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The Lone Star State.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    22,209

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I'd like to see a single person show me actual proof that God is on their side. I dare you or anyone else to try. I guarantee you can't do it. Some may try using subjective opinions and personal beliefs, but they will fail.
    That 'some' is you.
    32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
    Matt. 10:32-33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •