Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 1094

Thread: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

  1. #481
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, it isn't. Ministers are always free to turn away any couple when it comes to conducting a marriage ceremony. There is absolutely no proof that this is going to change or has changed anywhere in the US. Ministers still turn away couples of different races and religions, even as recently making the news for doing so just last year.
    I feel bad, actually. I think somebody told him that's how same-sex marriage was going to work. "Government is going to come into your church and force you!" Poor guy, no wonder he's so opposed to it. Got lied to and used.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  2. #482
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    not that I see why a god has to be right or how ones word alone justifies anything

  3. #483
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    1.)I call BS on that. If it is a LAW, then let the legislature vote on it, and let the governor sign it. Oh, wait, they already did. So a judge comes in and turns over the will of the people with one stroke of the pen.

    2.)That is not "Constitutional".
    3.) It is oligharchy, rule by a few, not of the people, not by the people, not for the people.
    4.) THAT, my friend, is what we object to, a point that you fail to address over and over again.
    5.)Many of us do not subscribe to your left wing notions about made up "rights", not when they come against rights that have been delineated since the beginning of the country, LIKE freedom of religion.
    6.) And don't bother equating sexual preference to civil rights for blacks and women, let's dispense with that right now.
    7.) You can't even define sexual preference, it's not fixed. Even the science says it is a continuum.
    8.) The opinion of an unelected judge changes nothing, the man is not an expert in human sexuality.
    9.)This little crusade yours is not "Constitutional". It is a tyranny of the minority.
    1.) correct thats how our government works LMAO
    State overstepped its reach and infringing on individual rights, fed stepped in and fixed it. Thats what the fed is supposed to do.

    2.) actually it is,facts, law, rights , constitution and court cases all prove this
    3.) once gain your mistake, people/state dont get to infringe on the individual rights of others
    4.) not only has it been address that failed and delusional straw man has been destroyed many times. agaian facts, law, rights , constitution and court cases all prove this. What supports your claim again?
    5.) freedom of religion is not impacted by equal rights its strengthened LMAO
    6.) so you want to skip over facts, rights and courts precedents? gotcha but that wont help your failed argument
    7.) meanignless to equal rights lol
    8.) good thing that too has nothing to do with e equal rights
    9.) repeating this lie wont work, nobody honest,educated and objective will buy it since . . again . . facts, law, rights , constitution and court cases all prove your false claim wrong lol

    facts win again
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #484
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,123

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I feel bad, actually. I think somebody told him that's how same-sex marriage was going to work. "Government is going to come into your church and force you!" Poor guy, no wonder he's so opposed to it. Got lied to and used.
    could be confused by story's from other nations where the state has an official church that is less free to discriminate

  5. #485
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    It restricts my liberty right now as a minister of the church. Your ignorance of that fact doesn't change it.
    100% false
    there are ZERO facts to support your claim and make it true

    if you disagree simply provide those facts that make your claim true right now. lol we'll wait
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #486
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    As a minister of the church my choice of who I marry is now limited if not nonexistent.
    also false
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #487
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by blarg View Post
    not that I see why a god has to be right or how ones word alone justifies anything
    This is another good point. Isn't it juvenile to do something just so that someone bigger or stronger or more powerful than you will be "on your side"?

    This is one of the reasons that when someone tells me that God will judge me harshly because of my support for gays my counter normally includes something to the effect of "well then that God is not one I wish to worship".
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #488
    Guru
    WorldWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,041

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by it's just me View Post
    As a minister of the church my choice of who I marry is now limited if not nonexistent.

    Your claim is that as of now, as a minister of your church your ability to decide to perform or not perform a religous ceremony is not restricted or nonexistent, now it's time to back up this claim:

    1. Please present an example where the minister of a church was required under either Public Accommodation law (administrative) or Criminal Law was required by the government to perform a religious ceremony for an interracial couple if, according to that minister, such a ceremony was in conflict with that ministers religious dogma.

    2. Please present an example where the minister of a church was required under either Public Accommodation law (administrative) or Criminal Law was required by the government to perform a religious ceremony for an inter-faith couple if, according to that minister, such a ceremony was in conflict with that ministers religious dogma.

    3. Please present an example where the minister of a church was required under either Public Accommodation law (administrative) or Criminal Law was required by the government to perform a religious ceremony for a couple where one (or both) of the couple were divorced if, according to that minister, such a ceremony was in conflict with that ministers religious dogma.

    4. And since same-sex Civil Marriage has been legal in at least one State for over a decade, please present an example where the minister of a church was required under either Public Accommodation law (administrative) or Criminal Law was required by the government to perform a religious ceremony for a same-sex couple if, according to that minister, such a ceremony was in conflict with that ministers religious dogma.



    Any which meet the criteria will do...



    >>>>

  9. #489
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by year2late View Post
    And your putting your metaphysical belief system and as well as your religious belief out there stating that divorce should be illegal because of it and there for imposing your belief systems on the rest of us is endorsing a type of theocracy.
    I can't help it if you don't know what the word "theocracy" means.

  10. #490
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,056

    Re: South Carolina Supreme Court Halts Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    I can't help it if you don't know what the word "theocracy" means.
    Do you think that our laws should be made specifically to reflect the word of God?

Page 49 of 110 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •